Status: active; updates will be slow

Clarity

early morning cartoons and a girls day

The next morning, I roll over onto my side and let out a groan when I feel movement around me. What the hell was going on? I slowly open my eyes and shut them seconds later thanks to the bright sun that was coming in through my window. I needed to get some dark curtains to block the light because I love my sleep, especially when it’s dark, which makes it much better.

I blink a few times before my eyes focus on a small figure above me. I roll my eyes when I realise that it was Bridget. She kept bouncing up and down. I let a groan from my lips and mutter for her to stop. She giggles and I let a tired sigh leave my lips when the movement finally ceases.

“Get up, Brooke! Come watch cartoons with me! You always do! Please!!” I hear my sister ramble on.

“Give me a few minutes to wake up, Brie,” I tell her as I sit up and pull the comforter around my shoulders. “Be there in a minute, promise,”

“Alright, Brookie,” she smiles widely before she jumps down and bounds toward the door, a little bounce in her step. I smile and laugh a bit as she walks out the room. Once I glance over to see I was by myself, I let a yawn from my lips as I reach over to grab my phone from the table beside my bed. What time is it, anyway? I think to myself as I grasp my phone in my hand.

¬it was a few minutes after 8:30. I was a bit surprised because it seems earlier to me since I’m used to going to practice for track early but thankfully, I didn’t have practice this morning. We have practice almost every Saturday of the month but today, we didn’t. It’s one of those days when I want nothing more than to sleep in. As my eyes stare at the screen, I feel my lips curve into a smile when I notice I have a new message from Harry.

I smile as I begin to read the message after I type in my pass code. It read: Morning, love. I’m sure it’s early and I bet you’re still sleeping but I wanted to text you. Bored on my way to the studio. I’ll think of you while I’m recording. Gotta go. talk to you later, yeah? :)

The smile stays on my face as I finish reading the message. I smile and physically nod my head before I realise a few seconds later that he couldn’t see me. Wow, I’m stupid. Plus, it’s early. I lie there for a few minutes while I think of what to reply back to him. It takes me a few minutes but I begin to type it and send once I finish what was on my mind. The message read: Actually just got up, thanks to my little sis who woke me up…I’m not a morning person, I like my sleep too much haha. Awe, have fun. Of course, talk to you soon! :)

I smile and laugh a bit as I read the text I sent him. It was true, I wasn’t a morning person. Never have been, never will be. I love sleeping especially on days like today, when I don’t have track. After I lie there in my bed a few minutes longer, I decide to finally get up before Bridget comes looking for me again, because I know she will.

The smile stays on my face the whole way down the stairs. I have no idea what Harry is doing to me. I just barely met him a few weeks ago when Becca took me to that party with her, when I first met him. After I ran into him at the party, we talked the rest of the night and I guess things just clicked.

“Morning sweetie,” I look up to see mum standing there in the doorway that led to the kitchen.

“Morning,” I mutter with a small smile.

“Brooklyn! You’re missin’ it. It’s ‘bout to come on!” I look up to see Bridget walk in the room.

“Be there in a sec, Brie,” I promise and walk to the kitchen so I can make myself some toast real quick and make a cup of tea. I always love a hot cup in the morning, makes you feel warm and toasty. Once I grab my cup of tea along with my toast on a plate, I slowly make my way into the living room to see my sister on the couch, eyes on the telly in front of us.

“You’re just in time, Brooke!” I hear my sister exclaim with a smile as I take a seat on the couch beside her. I set my cup down on a coaster that sat in front of me on the coffee table careful to spill it. I smile a bit as I look at the small girl beside me bouncing on her heels. For the next few minutes, I sit there and watch the show with my sister, even if it was boring, considering it was a kid’s show.

A few minutes later, my phone begins to buzz, signaling I had a new text message. I wonder if it was a reply from Harry. A smile appears on my face as I think of the possibility that it could be him texting me, again, in response to my text back to him. The smile somewhat falls when I see the text was from Cassidy. I was happy to hear from her but I was just waiting to hear back from Harry. I’m sure I will soon because he’s busy with his stuff with his band.

I unlock my phone so I can read the full message. It read: Hey Brooke! You up to go shopping and maybe see a film with me and Jade? Miss my bestie. Sleepover tonight? :) I smile as I finish reading her message. I miss her and would like a day out with my friends. It’s been a while since I spent any time with her or Jade, for that matter. I met both of them at track practice since we all are on our school’s track team.

I sit there and contemplate my thoughts for a minute. I nod my head as I stare at my phone in my hands and begin to tap the screen as I start to reply to her text. Sure, I’d love to! I miss you guys! Is noon alright? I finish and tap the send button to send the message. After I send the text, I go back to my home screen and check the time, to see it was a little after nine. I mentally remind myself to not wait too long to get ready or I’ll be a bit on the later side.

I sit there for a few minutes and watch the program with my sister before I decide to get up and go get ready. My mind drifted off to Harry and his cute boyish grin, and those eyes, those green eyes you could get lost in. I can’t help but smile at the thought of him. My phone buzzes again, most likely a text from Cassidy, except this time, it buzzes a bit more than usual when I get one message. Could it be Harry, as well? I pick up my buzzing cellular device and press the home button to see what I just received. Sure enough, it was a reply from Cassidy saying that she’ll be by to pick me up around 11:45. A smile appears on my face when I see who the other message was from, Harry.

I unlock my phone so I could read both messages fully. I go to my messages and tap on Harry’s name so I can read what he sent me. Hi beautiful! I just got done recording my vocals so now I’m just relaxing here with my mates in the studio. We still on for lunch tomorrow? Been thinking of you all morning! :) My fingers are soon tapping on the keys as I begin to reply back without a second thought.

I smile at the thought of him thinking of me. I was the same, he’s been the one and only, thing on my mind the past few days and I don’t mind one bit. I admitted to myself a few days ago that I’ve already started to fall for him. I’ve only known him a few weeks, which sounds crazy, but I really fancy him, a lot.

“Hey, Brie?” I ask as I look at my little sister who was sat on the floor in front of the telly.

“Yeah?” she questions and looks back at me.

“You won’t mind if I watch this with you some other time, would you, Brie? I made plans with some friends,” I tell her with a small smile. She frowns a bit and sighs. My smile drops and I can’t help but feel bad for her. She hardly gets to spend any time with me anymore since I’m so busy with school, track, and homework on top of that.

“You going to hang out with Harry? He’s cute!” she replies and giggles.

“No,” I laugh. “I’m going to hang out with my friend Cassidy,” I tell her and pull my legs up to my chest and wrap my arms around them.

“Have fun, Brookie!” she smiles at me.

“I will, love,” I tell her as I get up and retreat to the doorway of the living room that led to the stairs. I tighten my grip on my phone I held onto as I head up the stairs so I could start to get ready. It was a few minutes after ten, about ten fifteen. I had a little less than an hour and a half to get ready before Cassidy got here.

After I make my way back upstairs, I walk down the hall to my bedroom. It takes me a good five minutes to decide what to wear. I soon decide on a pair of shorts along with a lace embellished tank top. I go take a quick shower before I put on my outfit and make myself presentable enough. I kept my hair down and ran my hands through it to make it look a bit better. My makeup wasn’t too light or too heavy, a little mascara on my lashes, some light hint of blush on my cheeks to give them a little color and some lip-gloss to finish it off.

Next thing I know, the doorbell is going off loudly throughout the house. I hear Bridget jabbering downstairs to someone, I presume was Cassidy, because it sounded like her with her loud demeanor, which is how she always is with everyone. I was just about ready. All I had left to do was find some shoes to wear. I move quickly to my closet so I could find what I was looking for, my TOMS. After I slip on my shoes and grab my bag along with my iPhone in hand, I walk out of my room to greet her downstairs. As I walk down the stairs, that’s when I spot Cassidy and her beautiful dark hair and her tanned skin. She wore a pair of high-waisted shorts along with a crop top

“Hey Brooke! Ready to get going? Jade’s waiting on us and so is Forever 21!” she responds with a smile. I nod with a smile before she pulls me into a bone crushing hug. I laugh and hug her back.

“Yeah, I’m ready!” I tell her as we pull away.

“See ya later, Bridget! Go tell mom I’ll be back in a bit, love you Bumble bee,” I reply with a smile and ruffle her hair a bit and give the small girl a hug. Ever since I could remember, I’ve called her that since she was three years old, always running around like a little bee bef0re she tuckered herself out and fell asleep on the floor in the living room.

“M’kay, I will, love you too, Brooke!” she replies and wraps her small arms around me in a hug. I give her a small kiss on the cheek before I stand up and look over at Cassidy who was smiling toward us.

“Bye Brooke, have fun!!” Bridget yells as we head out the door.

“Bye!” I yell back with a laugh as I shut the door after Cassidy and I walk out onto the porch.

She was too cute; I love my little sister so much, even though she can be an annoying little brat sometimes. But hey, that’s what families are for, right? Cassidy and I walk to her car, which was parked in the driveway next to my mum’s car. As soon as Cassidy and I climb in her car, she soon pulls out of the drive and we are on our way to pick Jade up at her house, which wasn’t too far away from where I lived.

“So, what have you been up to, Brooke? Missed hanging out with you,” Cassidy asks as she drives, her eyes focused on the road ahead of her.

“I’m not going to tell you it all now, let’s wait until after we go pick Jade up, and then I’ll tell you together,” I tell her with a smile.

“Fine,” she groans and turns the radio on. “You better!” she replies with a laugh. We sing along with all the songs we know as she drives over to Jade’s house. It was going to be a fun day, I could tell. What I couldn’t wait for was to spend more time with Harry. I’d be doing that tomorrow, when we get together. The thought made me smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello!! It's been so long since I last updated this - I missed writing it so I thought why not update? Plus, I'm posting this now since i'm leaving tomorrow and going out of town for a few days so that's why i'ts going up now.

I know this wasn't really much and hardly anything happened but I still liked writing it! I love Brooklyn's relationship with her sister! They are too cute! :)
Also, I know Harry wasn't physically in this chapter, but he will be in the next one for sure! :D I have a looooot of great ideas planned for this.
Please let me know what you think! I'd love to know what you think - drop a comment?

I'm soo sorry for the super long author's note -- enjoy! Comment, recommend, subscribe please, if you like/want more?

♥ - Teddi