Status: i guess this is a thing now.

Could We Burn, Darling?

Two

4 weeks later.

Things with Alex were great in Jack's opinion. They met up frequently since they didn't live that far away from each other. Jack was usually the one who was invited over to Alex's house because he had a large selection of food and DVDs.

Whenever they weren't meeting up, they were texting or talking over the phone. It was nothing could come between them ever again. Distance didn't matter because the bus ride to each other was just an hour.

At the moment, they were curled up in Alex's room. Jack was sitting with a notebook in his lap, chewing on his lip as he thought hard while writing down some words on the pages.

"You're always writing in that thing," Alex says quietly as he sits up a bit and leans into his best friend, who blushes and shrugs his shoulders. He still didn't talk that much even after knowing each other for so long over the internet and knowing each other for over a month in real person, "What do you write about?" Alex asks, looking up at the younger's face.

Jack's eyes flew open and he blushed, shaking his head, "It's nothing," his voice was barely above a whisper when he said it. He snapped the little notebook shut and looked down at Alex who was pouting up at him.

"Why won't you show me? Is it 'bout me, Jack-o?" Alex pushed, nudging him gently. With an eyeroll, Jack gently smacked Alex's head with the soft covered book.

"Can't one thing be secretive?" He asks angrily, the first time Alex had ever heard that tone from him. Jack sighed and got off the bed, walking over to the drawer on Alex's dresser that they decided would be Jack's. Alex wasn't aloud to go in there unless Jack was in the room with him. The younger leaned down and put the notebook in the drawer, shutting it with his foot.

"So-orry," Alex grins, holding out the 'O' as he holds his arms open for Jack to come back and cuddle.

"If you ever touch my book, I will kill you in your sleep," Jack mumbled as he crawled into the bed and cuddled up in Alex's warm, strong arms.

"You would never kill me."

"What makes you think that?"

"I'm British," Alex states with a grin and Jack rolled his eyes, shaking his head.

"And I'm American. Now that we've got that down, let's move on," a small smirk crept onto his cute, devious face as Alex pouted.

"Smartass."

"Just smart with a nice ass, honestly," Jack giggled playfully, hiding his blushing face against the older's chest. Alex let out a hearty laugh as he tilted his head back.

"Smart, yes. Not too sure about the ass part, however," he smirks and Jack's eyes widened, looking back at his butt.

"I have a flat butt, so shush your mouth. Stop talking about my butt-- it's weird," the lanky teenager blushes and presses a small kiss to the other's collarbone. Alex laughed and shook his head.

"Don't tell me to shush about your butt when you said it was all so great, dumbass."

"You just called me smart, like, two minutes ago!"

Alex laughs and shakes his head, wrapping his arms around the smaller boy. He was so skinny, sometimes Alex worried about him. But he knew that Jack was better than that. He couldn't and wouldn't ever do that to himself. Alex had seen how much he could eat if he was really, really hungry after a long day.

Jack sighs quietly as he rests right on top of the stronger man. He couldn't believe that he had met such a nice person like Alex. Someone who was 2 years older than him. He could have just been ignored when he first started the chat on Omegle. But when he started telling the stranger all the things he would never tell someone in real life, he knew it was fate. And Alex listened. He listened and gave Jack advice; he told him that it was okay to be whoever he wanted to be.

Now here they are, 1 and a half years later, snuggling in Alex's bed. Holding each other like their lives depended on it. Like they've known each other ever since birth. Like they went to the same schools every single year.

But their love story was much different, yes. It wasn't beautiful and romantic. It was quite weird and something that adults told children to avoid when they got older.

"I'm really happy I met you, 'Lex," Jack whispered against the material of his t-shirt, shutting his eyes as he enjoyed the comfortable silence after he spoke.

About 2 minutes later, Alex responded with, "Don't make this all sappy," and a small grin on his face.

"I don't know why I'm so attracted to you. You're such a dick." Jack laughed quietly as he opened his eyes only to have them crinkle at the corners once again.

"I know I am, but I don't want lovey dovey with us. Nothing about our fucked up way of meeting will ever be lovey dovey, you know?" Alex says as he rubs his hands through Jack's messy hair.

The younger nods a bit and smiles, "People are such liars when they say nothing good can come out of meeting people on the internet. Everyone lied to me growing up. You're the best thing that's ever happened in my life."

Alex giggles. He actually giggles. Jack feels the world slow down just a bit as they stare into each other's eyes.

"People are such liars,"

Alex repeated the younger's words before their lips were pressing against each other's passionately.
♠ ♠ ♠
I finally decided to make this a thing! Jesus Christ, I love it.

I really hope you all enjoy and comments/recs/subscribing would mean a lot to me!

(Follow me on Tumblr )