Status: This story wil start as PG but as time progresses, I plan on an R rating.

Are You Listening?

Chapter Four

We spent most of the night drinking, laughing and catching up on the past seven years. There were so many parts of us both that were damaged. I was unable to express my gratitude that my best friend had returned to help me mend mine. “Well, think I should call it a night,” he yawned. With a stretch he looked toward a window to see the blue and black of the sky beginning to mix. “Even if the sun is just now coming up,” he added with a small grin. Truthfully I was drunk and exhausted long before he mentioned sleep, but I wasn’t about to move for fear he’d leave again for another seven years. “Cool if I just crash here on the couch?”

“Like you even had to ask,” I replied sleepily. “I’ll grab you a pillow.” As I groggily made my way to my room, I remembered nothing after stumbling onto my cool sheets.

A shuffling sound woke me and I realized I must have passed out cold before I could even pick up a pillow for Zac. Knowing it had to be sometime in the afternoon, I had never been more thankful for Randi’s suggestion of black-out curtains. She had bought them because of working third shift and needing sleep in daytime hours. I grunted, rolling onto my back.

“Chey, are you awake?” Zac asked, approaching my bed as quietly as he could.

“Yeah I am now.”

“Sorry,” he whispered, sitting down on my bed beside me. “I couldn’t sleep.”

“Something wrong? I can take the couch…”

“No,” he smirked. “Nothing like that. I can’t turn my brain off.”

“Talk to me.” He was quiet for what seemed like an eternity before he leaned down and placed a soft kiss on my lips. “Um, okay… awkward,” I said, trying to make a joke.

“Tell me about it,” he sighed, turning his back to me. “I’ve been wanting to do that all night.”

To say I was shocked would have been an understatement. “Zac…” I tried to comfort him but to be completely honest, I had no idea what to even say. I placed my hand on his back and began tracing patterns on it: a game that started when we were young. We would take turns writing or drawing on each other’s backs with our fingers and the other had to guess what it was.

“And I want to do it again. And keep doing it,” he admitted quietly. I could tell he was picking at his nails- he always did that when he was nervous. My head was reeling. I’d always had feelings tucked away for him but made myself forget. And now he was here, with me, confessing…

“Then why don’t you?” I asked, immediately feeling stupid. That feeling subsided within a minute because his lips were on mine again. His full lips were soft and wonderful as they pressed against mine. I succumbed to the feeling and hesitantly I ran my tongue across his gorgeous bottom lip. He graciously accepted my tongue and deepened our kiss. As he laid me back onto my pillows and straddled his body above mine, it took me to a whole new level. I was nervous and shaking as I uncertainly ran my hands up under his shirt, trying to remove it. He lifted himself up and peeled his black t-shirt off over his head, his stunning long hair falling into his face. I was getting more aroused by the second and when he bent down and kissed my neck as his hands slid under my shirt, I sighed out loud. Somehow I found myself shedding my shirt and bra seconds before his mouth attacked my breasts. I writhed beneath him, my arousal becoming harder to disguise. And so was his, I noticed as I ran my hands between us to graze his erection. “Why do you still have pants on?” I groaned. He chuckled and dismounted, wasting no time stripping down to nothing.

“Why do YOU still have pants on?” he asked, sliding into bed at my feet. I was unable to reply as I felt him tugging them off. I raised my hips, allowing him to discard my pants onto the floor. He straddled me again, this time I could see all of him. Something I had wished for since we were twelve years old. (Hey I said I wished for it, not that I ever DID anything at twelve!) He was a decent size too. The more he touched and kissed my body, the wetter I knew I was getting. Somehow he knew just how to touch me to excite me. Of course, the anticipation of nine years of pent-up sexual attraction (on my part at least) probably played a part in it, too. When I heard the familiar sound of a condom wrapper, I realized fully that this was happening. I knew deep down in the pit of my stomach that it was wrong, that I should stop this, he was married and we had both been drinking. I knew all these things, but as he slowly entered me, I didn’t care. Oh God he even fit inside me perfectly. “Cheyenne… oh God…” he groaned, pulling out and pushing back into me again. Hearing him say my name was dizzying in itself. Zac leaned down to kiss my neck and rammed into me hard. I pulled on his hair in approval and in return he bit my neck.

“Zac…” I panted, wanting to say more but unable to. I arched my back, attempting to get him as far inside me as possible. He ran one hand down my thigh, resting it for a minute before thrusting deep and digging his nails into my leg. I was already close but wanted him to climax more than I wanted my own. I brought his face to mine for a kiss before nibbling on his ear and sighing heavily. Luckily it worked to my advantage as he thrust deep and hard, causing me to rake my nails down his back. I was sure there would be evidence of our encounter left on his body but neither of us seemed to care. He placed one of my ankles on his shoulder when he sat back up, permitting a sensation I never knew possible. As I wrapped my other leg around his back, he reached down and smacked my bottom. All at once his hands were on my breasts again, squeezing and kneading the flesh as his movements grew faster. I knew the sound of his orgasm and as it filled my senses I let myself go. I had never come that hard in my life and I didn’t want to come down from my high. But it wasn’t long before my euphoria caused me to fall back into a deep sleep.

Waking up for the second time that day, I noticed I had remembered to put my clothes back on. Thank God. I stumbled into my adjoining bathroom and splashed cool water on my face. Noticing my dark eyes and disheveled hair, I was thankful no one was around to see me looking this way. The wine from the night before had hit me hard but the midday encounter was what really knocked me out. I fixed myself up and went out to the kitchen for some coffee. Randi was curled up on the couch with a book and a coffee mug when I made my way out.

“Well well, hello,” she said, raising an eyebrow and lowering her book. “About time you woke up. I’m bored!”

“Where’s Zac?” I asked, pouring myself a cup of coffee. Gotta love that about Randi- she was pretty much an addict so we constantly had coffee brewed.

“He left when he woke up a few hours ago. Left you a note but said to tell you he’d call you later. You’ve been out all damn day.” I took a sip of my caffeine and found the letter she had mentioned.

Chey,

I didn’t want to wake you so I figured I’d just slip out. I know you’d think it rude but I think it’s ruder to interrupt someone who was sleeping as soundly as you were. Who knew you’d sleep so long?! You talk in your sleep by the way :) I had a great time talking with you last night and I plan to do it again every night while we’re home. I will call you tonight after Kate and I are finished with dinner.

Always,
Z-Man


My mind was reeling: it was only a dream.