Status: Ongoing Story

Baseball's in My Blood

Chapter 5

Getting up early sucks... It absolutely does... Today, Bryce came into my room and woke me up at the ungodly hour of 5:30... We had to be out of the hotel by 7.

Right now it's 9 in the morning, and Kayla and I are driving to Oakland. Bryce wasn't able to come with us because he had to go on the team bus. I was jamming to Ed Sheeran's 'The A-Team' when my phone buzzed. I unlocked it to see that it was Hunter: 'Hey babe, what are you doing?' I smiled before replying 'Nothing much. Just driving with Kayla to Oakland.' I typed. 'Who's Kayla?' He asked. 'Bryce's girlfriend.' I answered. 'Ok, well, have fun babe. I gotta go do BP now. I'll talk to you later ;)' He responded 'Ok bye Hunter :)' I smiled before sending it.
"We're here!" Kayla exclaimed shutting off the car. I looked up and gazed at the O.co Coliseum with awe. This park should be cool... I thought walking through the stadium entrance.

A Couple Innings Later

The Nats were up 2-0 in the 2nd, Bryce was doing great; he already hit a double. I was starting to get bored, so I decided to call Hunter. He was still in San Fran; they were starting a series with the Mets today, so his game would be starting at 6... I dialed his number, and held the phone up to me ear as it started to ring. After two, the line picked up. "Hello?" This voice was definitely not Hunter's. It was huskier, and had a bit of a southern accent. "Who's this, and where's Hunter?" I questioned. "Relax, nothing's wrong. I'm Buster, the catcher for Hunter's team." The friendly voice responded. "Oh, ok. I'm Maddie, Hunter's girlfriend. I was just calling to see how he was doing. Where is he anyway?" I smiled. "He's at the trainers gettin his ankle wrapped." My smile fell.. "Oh my gosh, please put him on." My voice came out in a whisper. "Maddie, baby, I'm alright. I just got a ball off of it during BP. Nothing major." His playful voice came through the speaker. "Thank god you're alright. I was worried." I breathed a sigh of relief. "There's nothing for you to be worried about babe. I have to go now, I'll call you after my game." He spoke. "Ok, bye Hunter." I stated. "Bye Madeline." He said before the line went dead. "Who ya talkin to?" Kayla asked from my side. "A friend from back home, she wanted to know how everything was going." I replied turning back to the game.

The Nationals won the game in 10 innings after Ryan Zimmerman hit a walk-off making the score 8 to 7. Kayla and I were back at the hotel now, waiting for Bryce to come back. I had talked Kayla into watching the Giants game, they were currently killing the Mets in the 5th 9-2... Every time Hunter would be mentioned, Kayla would grin at me, and I would roll my eyes trying my hardest not to blush.
The ninth inning had just started when Bryce's figure appeared in the doorway. "Hey guys." He started walking over to Kayla, pulling her into a kiss. I mumbled a "hi" as he pulled her off the chair, into his arms. "Bryce!" She exclaimed pulling her lips away from his. He continued to look at her with lust as she slapped his chest. "I'm sorry Maddie." She stated before Bryce put his lips back on her, taking her to their bedroom. "Thanks guys!" I exclaimed as the door shut and the room was quickly filled with muffled moans and voices. I trudged off to my room, and pushed a pillow over my head, trying to get some sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that chapter was shorter... I promise I'll make up for it...

Thanks to everybody for reading!! :)