Status: Ongoing Story

Baseball's in My Blood

Chapter 4

The Next Day

I woke up to the sun shining through the window. It wasn't until I felt a steady warmth on the back of my neck that I remembered the events from last night, and most importantly I remembered that I was now Hunter Pence's girlfriend... Wow, what a night...
I turned quietly under the covers to see that Hunter was still sleeping with a slight smile on his face. After a couple minutes of laying there, thinking of what to do, I decided on getting a shower. I stated to get out of the bed when a strong arm wrapped around my stomach and pulled me back to my spot. "Hunter." I groaned. "What?" He whispered. "Please let go of me." I stated trying to move again, but failed horribly. "Hunter, please?" I questioned turning to face his smiling, but still tired, face. "Where are you going?" He asked, his voice even more raspy then usual. "To get a shower," I replied. "By myself." His smile faded. "Ok, I'll be downstairs." He sighed letting go of me. "Thanks babe." I smiled kissing his lips twice before I made my way to the bathroom.

I got showered off before getting out and putting my shirt back on. Instead of putting on my pair of skinny jeans I was wearing, I searched through Hunter's drawers until I found a pair of Nike gym shorts. I slid them on, and then folded the waist band a couple times so they would actually fit me like shorts. I went down to see Hunter standing by the stove. "What ya making babe?" I questioned hopping up on the counter next to where he was standing. "Pancakes. They're done." He grinned. "I knew you could cook." I grinned as he came over and placed his legs in between mine, leaning over to place his lips to mine, kissing me with a smile on his face. I ran my fingers through his curly hair until we both pulled away. "I love your hair, but the beard's gotta go." I stated moving my hands down his scruffy cheek bones. "I'll shave tonight then babe." He grinned pecking my lips one more time before we both went into the dining room to eat.

15 minutes later, I was lying down on the couch with my head in Hunter's lap. It was peaceful, neither of us talking. That was, until I realized that I would have to tell Bryce where I was. "Shit! Hunter, I completely forgot about Bryce." I stated making him look down at me. "What about him?" He asked. "What am I gonna tell him, oh god, he's gonna kill me!" I panicked sitting up. "Why's that?" Hunter was completely confused. "Well, ever since this kid named Tristan broke my heart, Bryce has been very protective of me." I said quickly. "Relax Madeline, everything is going to be fine." He gave me a reassuring smile, pulling my body close to his.

"We have to go to the field." He said moving so he could get up from the couch. He came down from his room changed in a pair of khaki shorts and a black V-neck t-shirt. He looked good... "Let's go." He stated taking my hand, going down to his car.

We got to the field in 20 minutes, and Hunter made sure that my hand was in his before we entered the stadium. He was stopped a few times, and asked for autographs, which he happily gave. We made our way to the clubhouse doors, and he leaned me up against the wall when we got there. "Good luck today Hunter." I clasped both of his hands with mine so I was able to push myself off the wall, into his body. "Thanks babe." He grinned at me leaning down, kissing me on the cheek. "Hunter! Who's your friend?" A guy with shaggy brown hair walked up to us. "Her name's Madeline Harper. She's my girlfriend." He grinned at me, leaning down to kiss my forehead. "I'm Maddie." I smiled taking my left hand out of Hunter's so I could shake his. "Barry Zito." He replied taking my hand in his.
"So, you're Harper as in Bryce's sister?" He smirked looking at Hunter, who was trying to contain his smile. "That'd be me." I replied. "Rare find Pence. I might have to get her from ya." He winked at me as I grabbed onto Hunter, pressing my face against his warm chest. "I was just joking." He chuckled doing some handshake with Hunter before he went into the clubhouse. "I'm not gonna go home with you tonight, I was going to try to explain myself to Bryce." I stated pulling my head off his chest. "Ok, so I'll text you later then?" He questioned holding out his white iPhone. "Definitely." I answered handing him my phone. We switched numbers and then he placed about ten short kisses to my lips before he went into the locker room.

After 9 full innings, the Giants beat the Nationals 7-0... Hunter did absolutely amazing, but I had to bite my lip so things wouldn't get "suspicious". I made my way down to the clubhouse entrances to wait for Bryce. By luck, Hunter came out first. "Hey Madeline." He grinned locking his forearms with mine. "Hey Hunter." I smiled up at him. "How'd I do today?" He asked leaning his forehead against mine. "I think you did just fine." I grinned rubbing my nose against his. "You've gotta go before Bryce comes out. I want you to be able to play your next game." I grinned at him.
"When am I gonna see you again?" He asked, hope shimmering in his blue/green eyes. "I don't know, Bryce has a series in Oakland, and I'm sure he won't let me stay here. He's got games with the Dodgers after." I stated, Hunter nodded. "I'm gonna miss you then." He stated looking down into my eyes. "I'm gonna miss you to Hunter, but I promise I'll call you, and maybe you can even see me in LA." I said looking down at our hands. "Hey, Madeline, I'm sorry." His voice was soft, making me look up. "Why are you sorry?" I questioned giving him a slight smile. "Cuz I'm a baseball player. A normal boyfriend wouldn't have to leave his girl weeks at a time." He sighed. "Oh Hunter, don't say that. You love playing baseball, and I wouldn't have it any other way with you." I smiled up at him, running my hands down his cheek bones. "But you do really need to shave." I grinned up at him making him roll his eyes and chuckle. "I promise I will." He winked kissing my nose. "You should probably go now." I stated moving my eyes to the clubhouse door. "Ok, bye Madeline." He smiled at me. "Bye Hunter." I replied wrapping my arms around his neck, pulling his lips down to mine. Our lips moved together for about three minutes before I pulled away to regain my breath. "Bye babe." He smiled pecking my lips once more before he left down the hallway.

I waited a few more minutes before my brother was visible in the doorway. His smile faded when he saw me. "Where the hell have you been Madeline?!" He exclaimed coming over to me. "Out." I replied simply. "Out where?" He asked starting to walk down the hallway. "I can't tell you. Can you drive me back to the hotel, I need to talk to Kayla." I said once we got to the front doors. "Why do I have to drive you? Can't you just get your chauffer from last night to take you home again?" He stated, his words dripping with anger and sarcasm. "Please Bryce." I asked keeping my voice steady. He mumbled something and then unlocked the door for me to get in. The drive back to the hotel was silent, and I wished that I had just ditched and went with Hunter...

Once we got to the glamorous place, Bryce gave his keys to the valet parking person who drove it to a spot. We made our way up to the rooms, and then Bryce slipped his key through the hole to unlock it. Once the door was pushed aside, I saw Kayla laying on the couch in front of the TV set. "Hey Maddie, where've ya been?" She asked standing from her spot. "Tell you later." I replied as she gave me a knowing nod. "I was going to go out with some of the guys. Madeline, maybe you would like to come so you could meet someone new. You know, San Fran has a big population, lotta guys," "Ok Bryce, she's had enough. You can go now." Kayla shut him up, kissing his lips while ushering him out the door. "I'll be back around midnight." He stated shutting the door behind him. Kayla turned, leaning her back against the door. "So, how was last night?" She gave a slight smirk before she walked back to the couch, pulling me with her. "Um, I..." I couldn't get the words out... "Here, lemme put it this way... Why didn't you come home with Bryce?" She questioned. "Ok, you've got to promise me you won't tell Bryce... Ever." I said in a hushed tone. "I promise. I won't tell a soul." She said. I took a deep breath. "Ok, well, I went home with Hunter Pence last night." I started. "Mr. Right Fielder?" Kayla raised her eyebrows. "Yes, Mr. Right fielder. And we didn't go right home... He took me to a club, then he showed me 'round his place... We got to the bedroom, and..." I bit my lip, looking nervously at the wall. "Maddie, what did you do in the bedroom?" She asked raising her eyebrows. "There was a lot of touching, and um... stuff." My voice trailed off.

"So you got it in with Hunter Pence last night?" Her eyes widened. "Yes, but it's not like you weren't doing the same with Bryce in your room." I countered making her cheeks flush. "Exactly." I grinned in victory. "Oh Maddie, Bryce is gonna kill you when he finds out." She stated worriedly. "No, he's not gonna find out... I'm done with Hunter now, and as long as you don't tell him, I'll be fine." I said trying to cover my lies. "I don't know, he usually finds out this kind of stuff." Kayla warned. "I'll be fine Kayla, don't worry. Now can we please go to bed, it's been a long day." I stated making my way to my room.
♠ ♠ ♠
That'd be the end of chapter 4...

Thanks for reading everyone, and keep commenting/recommending!!

:)