Status: In-progress sequal to the pilot. If you want to read this, check the pilot first.

Dysfunctional Team: Season 1

Cortical PT 1

Everyone was at the bridge, standing at the rectangular table in the middle of the room. Swindle stood at one end with his back to the cockpit. From his left, it was Dead End standing and waiting to see what the next orders was; Hook, who was looking at Skywarp at the other end of the table; and Scavenger, trying not to look at Skywarp. Shockwave was at Swindle's right, looking around at everybody; follow by Skywarp, who was counting Misfire's scars (34, 35, 36…); Misfire, counting Skywarp scars from his recent bombing (22, 23, 24…); and Kilshot rounding off the other end of the table, counting his own scars, (7, 8, 9, that's it! Oh, come on.).

"So, what do we know about this guy besides the fact that he's a flyer?" Swindle asked the room, mostly directed at Killshot and Skywarp.

"I don't know anything about him, except the fact that he likes bombs and really needs target practice with that sniper rifle of his," Killshot said, still checking himself to see if he has anymore scars.

"From what I saw on the security camera, the slagger was a seeker, colored black-and-red. Didn't wear a symbol on him," Skywarp said. Swindle stood looking at him, a bit startled. He completely forgot about the security cameras.

"Black and red? Maybe's he's related to Dead End," Killshot said.

"I doubt that," Dead End replied.

"Did you download the footage?" Swindle asked.

"Yeah, I did. I have a data bank in my arm, but that got blown off from the explosion." Swindle sighed in defeat. If they wanted a view of him, they would have to get it from Cybertron.

"What about your processor?" Shockwave questioned.

"Yeah, but only I can see it, unless you got something that could look in my thoughts." Skywarp said, dismissively.

"We do." Skywarp looked at him like he was kidding. "It called a cortical psychic patch. I can use it to examine your processor and extract an image from it."

"Is it dangerous?" Hook asked, with a little tone in his voice sounding like he wants it to be fatal.

"It can be if I want it to be, but for this experiment, no," Shockwave answered.

"Do you have one on you?" Swindle asked.

"No. It's back at my base on Cybertron, although if you have the supplies, I could make another one."

"What do you need?"

"Here's a list," he hand Swindle. A brief looked and Swindle almost fainted. That was going to take a pretty amount of money out of his bank and there's no way in the pit he's going to sacrifice that much.

"You know, we'll just make a little to Cybertron. I can't help you with these supplies," Swindle said. "Cybertron is only a short distance away. We can get there and out quickly and get back to hunting down this guy. That sound good?"

"It will do."

"Alright, I'll get us heading over there. Meanwhile, you set the lab up for the cortical whatever and make sure you don't accidentally killed Skywarp." Shockwave gave a nod with his head. "Everybody else, day off unless we got anything else to do today. Do we have anything to do today?" Nobody answer. "Alright good. You can go do whatever as long as you don't kill each other." He said those words to Scavenger and Skywarp. "Meeting over." At that, Killshot quickly ran out of the room follow closely by Hook and Scavenger, who opted to walk instead of run. Shockwave walked slowly out of the door with misfire following behind with a box in his hand, leaving Swindle, Dead End, and Skywarp in the room.

Swindle headed to the cockpit and set course for Cybertron. As he was doing that, Skywarp was talking to Dead End about what could the psychic patch could do to him. "I'm worry, alright. I don't what's going to happen."

"Well, I've heard stories about the psychic patch. It's been banned by the Autobots due to the risk of one's being trap in one's own mind for the rest of their life." Skywarp frown. "Their's also been reports that people have gone insane from it." Skywarp frown went deeper. "some people think's it just a rumor, but, knowing this life, it's probably has actual occurred."

"You know you're a real ray of fraggin' sunshine, Dead End. Seriously, you just made me feel so much better," Skywarp said, sarcasm obvious. At that, he left the room in a huff, wanting to get away from the emo-con. Dead End looked at him leaving and just shrug his shoulders. He went to the cockpit and took a seat in the unoccupied chair next to Swindle.

"You think that was a smart thing to say to Skywarp?" Swindle asked.

"I was just telling the truth," Dead End said, no remorse in his voice.

"Yeah, well, people don't like the truth and prefer to be lie to."

"How do you know this?"

"You forget, unlike most cons, I'm actually a member of the really upper-class. It's a pretty well-known fact up there." The radio bleeped, indicating a transmission. Swindle hit the button and the radio came on, letting a voice in.

"Swindle," Onslaught said.

"Oh, hey Onslaught. Contacting us already. Something happen." Of course something happen. He just needed to know what.

"You can say that. Swindle, please explain why you saw fit to kill one of my troops before you left." Oh, that incident.

"He stole from me and I saw fit to take action against him for it."

"By shooting him. Twice. With a Scattershot."

"I may have use overkill when dealing with him."

"May have?"

"Okay, I did use overkill. Is there a problem? Guy stole from me." Swindle said, remorse taking a vacation as he wasn't in Swindle's voice.

"Did you at least give him the chance to surrender?" Onslaught asked.

"Of course I did." He silently shook his head at Dead End. "He refused, so I had to contain the situation, lethally." There was a sigh on the other end.

"Alright, just, please don't do that again. I don't want to explain to superiors how troops die in the base with no Autobot able to infiltrate it. Understand?"

"Yeah, I do. See you later."

"Good-bye, Swindle." With that, Swindle hanged up. He looked at Dead End, who was giving him a disappointed looked. "Oh, don't give me that look. I've done a lot worst thing that that."

"And you're certainly restoring my faith in everything," Dead End said, disdain in his voice.

"Hey, we can't all be perfect examples. Now to Cybertron."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, sorry to anybody reading this for the long wait. I got lazy.