Status: In-progress sequal to the pilot. If you want to read this, check the pilot first.

Dysfunctional Team: Season 1

Invade PT 3

Shockwave fired at one of the pirates that tried coming through the corridor. The pirate prove to be smarter and quicker that the last one (who was currently on the floor with a massive hole in his chest) and immediately retreated back into cover behind the dirt wall corridor.

Aside from that pirate, there were two in the center of the hallway, using a really hard table they bought for cover and another one was a little closer hiding in a room. Amongst the dead pirates was one who was closer than any of the other pirates and hiding behind a table. His downfall was the fact that he used a weak table that Shockwave's gun could easily punch through instead of a strong one like the other two were using; proving that just because you're hiding behind something doesn't mean it's impenetrable.

The pirates behind the table rise out of cover again and fired at Shockwave again. All of their shots hit, but none of them proving to be very damaging as Shockwave just brushed them off and continue firing at the pirates. The pirates wisely duck behind cover as Shockwave fired at them. It seemed as if the battle had grown to a stalemate, with Shockwave not budging, and the pirates unable to move ahead. However, it seems as if one the pirates behind the table had a bright idea.

Shockwave continue firing at them, keeping them down. During a break in the fire, the pirate briefly came out of cover and threw something over at Shockwave, before heading back into cover. Shockwave briefly took time out of firing at his enemies to look at the object.

A grenade.

Most people probably would be slack-jaw at the prospect of a grenade landing at their feet and curse their gods for their leck before getting blown up, but Shockwave was not most people. In response to this, he quickly kick the grenade, sending flying to the doorway in which a pirate was using to hide from Shockwave. His reaction to the grenade was on par with most people.

BOOM!

XXX

"Lots of these bastards left," Killshot said as he fired another shot into an arcaedian's head before sliding back into cover. "One less now, though."

"No kidding," Skywarp muttered in agreement as he shot at another pirate. They were currently hiding behind a durable table. They were almost at the door now. They had just made it to the end of this hallway. Unfortunately, the hallway branched into two directions, causing them to take fire from two directions. Skywarp and Killshot agreed to keep hold the line so that they had a way out while Dead End head for the relic, due to him being the best in indoor combat like this.

"How long do you think it'll take emo to get the relic, assuming he can reach it?" Killshot asked the seeker.

"Emo? You mean Dead End? I'm thinking 10 cycles if things are easier on his end. 20 if things are more difficult," Skywarp replied back.

"That's optimistic. I have him getting it done in 30. More than likely, I think he's going to die," Killshot weighed in on his opinions as he fired again, hitting a pirate in the leg, causing him to collapse behind cover. "How long do you think we'll last?"

"That, I'm not so sure on. A lot of them are coming at us. We can't kill them all. We've got to retreat sometime," Skywarp said, as he fired at a pirate who peaked out of cover.

"I know. I'm saying that what happens if emo isn't fast enough?" Killshot asked.

"Let's hope it doesn't come to that. I really don't want my first time back in action to end failure," Skywarp replied. "Although, if we have to leave someone behind, it definitely wouldn't be him."

"Let me guess. That would me," Killshot answered for Skywarp.

"Great job. How did you figure that out?" Skywarp asked in a voice so sarcastic, it bounced off fake surprise and almost sounded sincere.

"Okay, look, I know I'd made a rude-" Skywarp gave him a look, "…a very rude thing, but can you just leave that behind for some pirate killing?" Killshot asked, trying his hardest to sound like he cared. Skywarp thought this over a little bit before giving a reply.

"Only until this mission is over. After that, it's straight back to hating you," Skywarp answered.

"Is that all you can do for me?" Killshot asked.

"Take it or leave it," Skywarp replied back. Killshot gave a groan before answering.

"Fine," he said, offering his hand. "Shake on it?"

"Shake on it," Skywarp said, shaking his hand. After this the two both pop out of cover and began firing on the pirates.

XXX

Dead End was right outside of the room. He just had to deal with a few pirates that were in his way. To be correct, it was two arcaedian who were all hiding behind different cover in the room and if they so much as see Dead End stick a single finger out, they would fire. It was not good odds.

Dead End thought of all the ways he could get out of this mess. Retreat? He could do that, but then Soundwave could hear about their failure and failure was not tolerated well in the Decepticons. Suicidal charge? A handsome idea, but no. Pirates would probably leave a ugly corpse and that's if he died. The pirates would probably do some humiliating things to him if he lived and Dead End didn't like that idea. If he dies, he wants to die with some dignity.

Stuck in between a rock and a hard place, Dead End wondered what to do. He had to be strategic about this. What could he do to even the odds? Dead End took a look at his surroundings. No way to flank them, so he can't do that. He didn't have grenades (which he will fix by the time of the next mission), so he couldn't bomb the slag out of them. Honestly, there was nothing to do against them in the crappy base with its crappy walls and its crappy lights and its cra-

Wait. The lights. Now he had an idea.

"Killshot, can you do something for me?" he asked the sniper over the comm. link.

"What? We're a little busy right now," Killshot said, gunfire coming in through his line.

"Can you shoot the lights on your side that's near to me?" Dead End asked.

"Uh, yeah. Why? It's not like these lights do much anyway," Killshot inquired.

"Just do it," Dead End ordered harshly.

"Alright, alright, calm down. No need to get all cranky," Killshot muttered, more gunfire in his direction. In a moment, Dead End saw the lights go out near him one by one until it just left the ones right above him and the ones in the room. Dead End took the light above him out and waited for the reactions of the ones in the room. All of them stayed where they were and not firing their guns, except for the one trigger-happy pirate who decided to shout at him.

"Come on out, you coward! I'm gonna kill you!" Dead End didn't say anything in return, but just wonder on how to get the lights in the room out. "Come on out already!" Maybe he could slowly take the lights without exposing himself. "You're scare!?" That could work. Yeah, it could work. "I think I know what'll get you out!" More gunfire came from the room, along with the shattering of glass and the room getting darker.

"What are you doing?!" one of his allies shouted to him.

"It's obvious he won't come out unless it's dark so I'm making it dark!" The stupid pirate shouted.

"And you're making it harder for us to see him,"

"So?"

"So, how can we shoot a target we can't see?"

Dead End popped his head out to see the two pirates arguing with each instead of looking at the invader with a gun that was killing their allies. Obviously, they weren't the sharpest tools in the shed. IN just a few seconds, they had stooped to name-calling.

"Idiot."

"Loser!"

"Moron!"

"You're mom is a whore!"

"She's your mom too! And she always loved me more!"

Dead End only stared at the stupidly before walking in the room. Obviously, the two hated each more than they hated him and judging by the look on the gun-happy pirate's face at the last comment, were more than likely to start a fight in 3, 2, 1….

"That's it! You're going down!" the trigger-happy pirate said, delivering a punch to his brother's face. The punch connected, sending the pirate to the floor. "How do you like that?!" the always shouting brother screamed. In response to this unwise taunt, his brother swept the floor from under him with his feet. At that point, the two brothers just started wrestling with each other.

Dead End stared at the two for a little while before looking around the room. The place had a few scanning devices, some easily moveable tables, and a few cybertronian containers. The room had the same dirt interior as the rest of the base. The thing that caught his intention was on a table at the back of the room that had a container with a light indicating it had something in it. Dead End headed for the container, ignoring the fighting siblings, and opened the box to find the prize he was looking for: A data cylinder.

Dead End heard some rumors about how these devices and knew that some cybertronians were willing to pay a great amount in order to retrieve this back. These cylinders had a vast amount of information that range from medical knowledge to stellar cartography. With the device found, Dead End put it back in the container, due to them being very tough to destroy, and carry it out of the room, the two brothers still fighting. He contacted everybody on his way out the room. "Everybody, get ready to leave, I've got the relic. Swindle, you're ready to leave?"

"Yeah, I've got the ship ready to go. Just fly up here. The door will be open," Swindle told them. "Also, make sure that relic doesn't take any damage, otherwise this was all for nothing."

"Understood," Dead End said, as he entered the hallway Skywarp and Killshot were. Dead End dodged the gunfire heading his way and used the container to block some of the shots. Skywarp and Killshot were still holding the line, but weren't going to hold out much longer.

"Took you long enough," Skywarp tensely said. "Let's get out of here."

"Don't have to tell me twi- of slag! Scrapmaker!" Killshot screamed out. At this, the two look to see a really big arcaedian walking out with, indeed, a Scrapmaker[1]. And it was spinning up too…

"Get out of here, now!" Dead End shouted and everybody listened as the three of them ducked into the next hallway as the pirate let loose with his gun. The three manage to dodge this in time and were now running down the next hallway, dodging the dead bodies in their way. The three ran as quick as they could, not wanting to be shot in the back by the approaching swarm. They had reached the turn to the next hallway, just as the pirates enter their hallway. The group continued running and soon was in the next hallway, where Shockwave was stilling holding the group of pirates back still, undaunted. "Let's go!" Dead End shouted as he reached his position and the group leaved for the exit.

The group was outside now and Skywarp immediately transformed into his jet form as everybody else started up their jetpacks and followed Skywarp to the ship hovering above the hole. As they were flying, the pirates were stepping out of the base and firing their gun at the group. In response to this, the ship's gun started aiming for them. The pirates, remembering the first, immediately stopped firing and heading back into the base before it could start firing at them. The Decepticons flew to the ship and entered it without further incident and closed the ship's door. With that, the ship flew out of the atmosphere, leaving Espera behind.

The pirates exit the base again to see the ship flying away, leaving them with many dead and their relic stolen. Most of the pirates were talking about how they were able to lose so badly to four soldiers and a single, admittedly powerful, ship. However, Goliath was think of one thing on his mind as the ship flew away.

"Corpsegrinder is going to be pissed."