Sequel: My Forever Girl

Lost, Then Found

Ch. Fourteen

Jacob’s P.O.V.

Weeks had passed and finally Kim was coming home. It would take them longer to get home because they were taking a bus instead of a plane. Kim was scared to get on one after everything that had happened which is pretty understandable given everything she had just been put through. Everyone was ecstatic to hear about Jared and Kim making their way home. We were even excited to hear that Kim’s friend was also coming back with them. Embry and Seth were especially excited to hear that there’d be a new girl in town, each of them hoping they would imprint on her, as if they were missing out on something grand.

I on the other hand didn’t care, I had Leah. We weren’t together, but she was the closest thing I had to a girlfriend. Leah’s change in attitude was a big turnaround; she was no longer the angry woman she once was. She had become caring, loving, and protective, over La Push and the people, over the Pack, and especially over Emily and the baby she carried.

Leah was becoming more and more attractive to me. I sensed she was hiding back more feelings she had for me then she was letting be known. Even so, I would refuse to take that step with her. Imprinting was becoming not as rare as we were told it was by the elders. Sam, Jared, Paul, and Quil all imprinted, it was only a matter of time before the next one would. Who would it be? Leah? Embry? Seth? Me? I wouldn’t allow myself to get involved with Leah. What if I did and then I imprinted? That would be the second time she’d lose someone to this shit. I wouldn’t be the one to hurt her. What if she imprinted? After Bella, I wouldn’t be able to take another rejection. As much as I wanted more, we were better off staying friends.

Everyone was getting tense around La Push. Bella’s wedding was right around the corner, meaning more bloodsuckers would be coming in town, that’s if they weren’t already here to join in on the “celebration”. Brady and Collin were the newest additions to the pack as a result of this. Sam mostly kept them home studying. Sam would much rather have Seth stay home as well, but until Jared got back we needed him.

Kim’s P.O.V.

As the bus entered Forks, WA the clouds cleared and the sun came out. As this being a very rare thing here I was happy to see it happen, it was almost like Forks was welcoming me back home.

“It’s so beautiful here.” Shianne said staring out the window.

“You haven’t even seen the beaches yet. First Beach can only be described as a little piece of heaven on earth.” I replied. Jared laughed and rolled his eyes. “You’ve lived here all your life; you take its beauty for granted.” I replied nudging him.

A smiling face was waiting to pick us up as we stepped off the bus. I was slightly disappointed that it wasn’t the smiling face I expected it would be.

“Welcome home Jared!” Paul shouted as the two men wrestled like boys playing at recess.

“Kim, good to….. see you….. again sweetheart.” Paul said between gasps for air in attempt to catch his breath. He picked me up for a tight bear hug, and then placed me down again.

“You must be Shianne?” Paul turned his attention to my friend standing oddly close to me.

“Yes.” She replied shyly. This was a first; Shianne was never the one to be shy in front of anyone. She was what they call a social butterfly, especially around guys.

“Nice to meet you beautiful.” He replied back. Shianne giggled and turned a light pink.

We got in Paul’s car. Jared and Paul in the front, and Shianne and I sat in the back.

“Where am I going?” Paul asked.

“I’d like to go home if you don’t mind.” I replied.

“Sure thing sweetheart.”

Shianne leaned closer to me and whispered in my ear. “He’s hot.” She giggled again.

“Too bad he has a girlfriend already.” I whispered back into her hear. She made a pouty face before a smile came back to her face as she looked out the window watching a guy jog alongside the road.

“Home sweet home!” Paul announced as he pulled into my driveway.

“I got out and started to reach for my things, but Jared came along and grabbed them as well as Shiannes. Jared walked me to the door and I quickly unlocked it. Shianne knocked me into Jared as she ran by. “Sorry, I got to pee.” She yelled over her shoulder. Jared and I both laughed.

“Hey Kim, would you mind coming over to Emily and Sam’s later for a little welcome home party? I mean if you’re not up to it I understand and I’ll let them know some other time.” Jared said quickly. I’m surprised I understood any of it.

“Don’t be silly, of course I’ll come. Will you come and pick me up?”

“Wouldn’t have it any other way.

(HONK, HONK, HONK)

“Come on Jared, Sam needs to talk to us before tonight.” Paul yelled out the window impatiently.
Jared groaned. “Ok, I’m coming.” He kissed me long and hard before leaving me completely breathless.

Jared’s P.O.V.

As we reached Sam and Emily’s house I could already see Emily in the doorway smiling. As Paul and I got out of the car Emily pushed the screen door open as she walked out as fast as she could, Leah following right behind her. Odd! I looked at Leah who was smiling genuinely, then looked at Paul for answers. Paul shrugged his shoulders and mouthed “I don’t know.”

“Jared I’m so glad you and Kim are home.” Emily replied hugging me.

Next Leah came and hugged me. “Glad to see you home.” She replied with a smile. Paul made his way to the house, most likely in search of food, which wasn’t a bad idea. I hadn’t realized how hungry I was until my stomach started growling. Emily laughed. “Oh go inside and eat a muffin until I get done making lunch.”

“Thanks Em.”

The house was empty besides those I had just seen. “Where is everyone?” I asked as I grabbed a muffin off the plate that was setting in the center of the table.

“They’ll be here later for the party.” Leah stated. “Paul said Sam wanted to speak with us before then.” I stated confused.

“Actually I just want to speak with you.” I turned to see Sam standing in the doorway expressionless. I was irritated that Paul lied to get me here. Did he think I wouldn’t come if he’d said Sam wanted to speak with me alone? I’m not afraid of Sam.

Sam motioned for me to follow him outside, so I did. I leaned up against the rail finishing what was left of my muffin.

“First and foremost I want to say welcome back. We’re very glad that you and Kim both made it back home.” Sam started.

“Uh huh.” I replied rolling my eyes.

He stood quiet for a few minutes, and then let out a huff of air. “I was wrong for ordering you to stay when Kim needed you. I don’t know how you broke the order, but I’m glad you did. I can’t be mad at you for doing something I would have tried to do if I was put in that situation.” I nodded accepting his hidden apology.

“Have you told Kim the truth about us yet?”

“No, she just got out of the hospital. I don’t think now is the time to tell her that her boyfriend and new friends are wolfs.” I replied in disgust. Kim was still recovering; this was the last thing she needed.

He nodded. “Are you protecting her, or yourself Jared?” He replied.

“HER!” I screamed. “Don’t you think she’s been through enough terror the past few weeks?” I paused for a second. “Why would I be protecting myself, and what would I be protecting myself from?”

“Getting hurt. You’ve all seen how Emily took the news when I first told her. Are you afraid Kim will leave?” He asked.

I scoffed. “No Sam, I’m strictly concerned about her health.”

“Ok fine.” He paused to think for a minute before he continues. “Do you oblige to us telling the legends tonight? We have two new additions to the pack that need to hear them.”

“I guess.” I replied.

“Maybe Kim’s reaction to the legends will encourage you to tell her the whole truth.”

“Whatever Sam.”

Kim’s P.O.V.

I had just finished getting ready for tonight. It was almost impossible with Koda following me around everywhere I went. He wanted me to pet him and give him my undivided attention. I didn’t even want to think about how he’d react to me leaving to go to the party.

“Shianne are you ready, it’s almost time?” I shouted down the hall. No response. I found Shianne sprawled out on the bed in one of the guest bedrooms. I didn’t want to wake her, so I decided to leave a note on the nightstand near her bed.

Shianne,
Went to a welcome home party Jared’s friends were throwing for us.
I didn’t want to wake you. See you in the morning, I’ll show you around town.
Love,
Kim

Koda was barking insanely loud right after hearing a couple light knocks on the door. Thank god Shianne was such a deep sleeper.

“Hey baby.” Jared said with a wide smile.

“Hey!” My face instantly lit up when we locked eyes.

The ride there was relatively quiet. There was one question I had on my mind, but I was somewhat scared to ask, not knowing how Jared would react. I decided to ask anyway.

“Where’s Jacob? I kind of thought he’d be the one to pick us up?”
Jared frowned. “You don’t like Paul?”

“No No No. That’s not what I meant. Paul is very nice. I just thought Jacob would have been excited to see me. He sounded like he missed me over the phone, maybe I misinterpreted it.” I finished with a frown of my own.

A smile crept back to Jared’s face. “Don’t worry, he missed you. Sam had him busy doing something; otherwise he would have been there.”

“Oh.” I smiled back. It made me feel better to know he would have been there if he could have.
When we arrived everyone was standing in a circle around a blazing fire. There were a few new smiling faces I didn’t recognize. A middle aged woman standing between Leah and Seth, , two younger boys, an older man standing near Quil and Claire, and lastly a man in a whellchair that looked as if he’d seen a ghost. I didn’t have to search far before finding the one person I was most excited to see. Jacob left the man in the wheelchairs side to rush over and pick me up in a tight hug, swirling me around a few times.

“You’re never leaving here again.”

I laughed. “You already told me that Jacob, besides I don’t plan to, I have everything I need here.”

He smiled and placed me back on the ground only to grab my hand and pull me towards the man in the wheelchair.

“Come on Kim, I want you to meet someone.”

“Ok, ok, just don’t pull my arm off.” I laughed.

“Kim, this is my dad Billy Black.”

The man in the wheelchair just stared at me with wide eyes, ignoring my hand I had stretched out to shake his. “Um nice to meet you Mr. Black,” I added hoping that would stop him from staring at me; it was starting to make me feel uncomfortable.

“Kimmie.” He whispered to himself still looking at me.

“Dad what the hell, say hello.” Jacob said. The man’s face did not change.

I felt a hot hand placed on my lower back.
“Come on, I’ll introduce you to the rest.” Jared whispered in my ear making me shiver as the heat from his breath grazed my skin.

“This is Old Quil Ateara.” The man standing next to Quil and Claire nodded with a weathered smile on his face.

The woman standing in between Leah and Seth gave me a quick hug. “Sue Clearwater, Leah and Seth’s mom.” Jared announced.

“Brady and Collin are over there.” Jared pointed to the two younger boys standing near Sam and Emily.

After being acquainted with the new faces, everyone else made their way to say “Welcome back.”
Sam and Emily first. “Welcome home Kim.” Emily grabbed me in for a hug. “Glad you made it back.” Sam said.

“Did’t I just see you?” Paul said sarcastically, with a smile appearing on his face, with Rachel at his hip who quickly waved hello.

“Hewo Kimmie.” Claire said wrapping her arms around my legs.
Quil wrapped an arm around me, but quickly let go when Claire kicked him. “Only I get hugs from Qwil.” She said with a frown that quickly vanished when Quil picked her up to place a kiss on her forehead.

“Well it’s about time you two became a couple. Glad to have you back Kim.” Embry said giving me a hug.

“I’m so sorry Kim. I’m really happy your back. Jared really loves you, we all love you.” Leah stated before giving me an awkward hug, then returning to sit beside her mother.

“Kim, I’m so glad your home. We were all worried. Nice to finally see you and Jared together, he really loves you. I hope this means we’ll be seeing a lot more of you.” Seth was bouncing up and down speaking 100 wpm.

I never left more welcomed and at home that at this very moment. I knew in that moment they truly were my family and I would do anything for any one of them.