Sequel: My Forever Girl

Lost, Then Found

Ch. Eight

JACOB’S P.O.V.

I know it would only be a matter of time until Jared found out about Kim going back to New York. I was debating whether or not to tell Jared now or wait ‘til she was already on the plane. Fuck it, I have to tell him, I would want the same if my imprint was about to make a huge mistake. Maybe he could be the one to convince her not to go. I was still upset about her decision to go in the first place, but I learned quickly I would not be able to change her mind, but maybe Jared could.
I decided not to phase in case he was, I didn’t want him to find out that way. I found him at the cliffs.

“What the fuck Jake, you just let her go off to New York?”

Great, someone else got to him before I could. “You need to calm down! I didn’t just let her go. I don’t like the idea of her going just as much as you. I was hoping that you could stop her from getting on that plane.”

“Why didn’t you?”

“I tried Jared.”

“Well if she didn’t listen to you then what makes you think she’ll listen to me?”

“I’m not the one who imprinted on her. I thought maybe if someone she loved tried to stop her she might actually listen.”

“She doesn’t love me.”

“You both are completely stupid when it comes to this. You need to tell her about the imprinting thing before someone else does. Bella almost did.”

I could see the anger in his face as he began to shake. I knew exactly what he was thinking even without having to read his mind, it wasn’t hard.

“Jared calm down.” He had every right to be mad, but this wasn’t the time.

“Calm down? She chooses to be with the leech, but yet every once in a while she has to pop up and ruin our lives. She has no right to talk about any of that shit to anyone.”

“She didn’t go into detail about it when Kim asked her about it, and she didn’t say anything about what we are. I’ll take care of Bella. You need to calm down and go stop Kim.”

“Whatever Jake, I’m sure you’ll take care of it.”

Yet again I was defending Bella. She hurt me over and over again, but I still sat here and defended her to my family. This ends now!

While Jared was off to stop Kim, I was off to fix a problem of my own.

As I approached the big house I cringed at the smell of death. There was no way I could ever learn to get used to that. I hated to think that my once best friend would soon smell like that. Would I hate her as much as I hated them? I told her no once when she asked me, but in the back of my mind I wondered if it was the truth or simply just something to tell her so I wouldn’t hurt her feelings.

There he was on the porch waiting just like I knew he would be with that smug grin that made me want to bite his head off even more.

“Well hello Jacob, what brings you here?”

“You should already know why, you’re the fucking mind reader around here.” The fact that he laughed at that like it was a joke pissed me off even more.

“From what I understand you are upset at my fiancé.”

“I’m not here to discuss my issues with Bella with you, so go get her.”

“What’s your problem dog?” The blonde haired leech spat out as she came through the door.

“Jacob!” I quickly turned around at the sound of the voice I’ve missed, but was desperately trying so hard to let go of.

Bella came running into my arms not caring about the disapproving face her leech was giving her. I hated when she did this, acted like I was her favorite person in the world, giving me false hope. She was attempting to suck me back in. She would show me just the slightest glimpse of feelings that I already knew she had for me but is too scared to admit it to herself, and then she would remind me time and time again that it just wasn’t enough. Her scent sent my head spinning as she jumped into my arms; cucumber melon. I could also smell him on her, which thankfully brought me back to reality. Stay focused Jacob! I pushed her back and watched her smile turn into a frown.

“Who the fuck gave you the right to mention anything about imprinting to Kim?”

“I I I’m sorry Jake, I thought she knew.”

“Whether she knew or not, it’s not your place to say anything. Do me a favor and stay away from Kim, me, and my pack.”

I had done it; I finally stood up to Bella. I felt the power she had over me disappear as I walked away from the house, and most importantly away from her.

JARED’S P.O.V.

Me and my damn mouth. I understood why Kim felt that she needed to go back to New York, but I also felt guilty thinking back to what I said to her. I told her to go back to New York and the next thing I know Jacob’s telling me she’s on her way to the airport.

I wanted to be mad at her for trying to use me, but I couldn’t. I thought pretending to be mad would make her realize she needs to let go of what she left back in New York, instead I pushed her to decide to go back. I hope Jacob was right, I hope I could convince her to stay.

As the noises of the city got closer I decided to phase back and get changed, I doubt security would let me through if I was Naked, though I bet I would catch Kim’s attention. I smiled to myself but quickly let it fade knowing this was not the time.

I rushed to the nearest desk that I thought would be able to help me. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a plane take off. I prayed to god that it wasn’t Kim’s plane. Please don’t let me be too late.

“Can I help you sir?” The lady from behind the desk asked with a huge smile.

“Yeah, I need to know if my girlfriend’s plane left yet.”

Her smile quickly turned to a frown. “Um, that’s kind of hard to tell you if you don’t give me a flight number.” Not only did her smile disappear, but so did her bubbly personality. I was not in the mood to deal with her attitude.

“I don’t know what her fucking flight number is. Just tell me whether any planes headed for New York left yet.”

She rolled her eyes and popped her gum obnoxiously as she typed away on the computer in front of her. A smile appeared on her face as she looked at the screen. It wasn’t the same smile she had when I first approached the desk, this was the kind of smile people gave to piss you off.

“Oh, I’m sorry. The only flight going to New York today already left.”

“What!” I caught the attention of the security, but that didn’t stop me from raising my voice. “How long ago did it leave?”

“You see that plane that just got in the air, well that’s it.” She pointed directly behind me almost hitting me in the face.

“Damn it! Can’t you get them to land, tell them there’s a bomb aboard, something?”

“Sir, we take those accusations very seriously. I cannot do that if it is not true.” By this time the security were on their way over.

“When’s the next flight and how much is a ticket?” I asked trying to make my voice sound calmer.

“Next flight to New York is tomorrow night.”

“Fine, give me that!”

“Ok, that will be $900.83 please. What credit card would you like to put it on?” She asked as she snapped her gum.

“I don’t have that kind of money. Listen, I need to talk to my girlfriend, please.” Normally I would never act so desperate, but it was an emergency.

“Not my problem.” She replied with a smile.

I let out a roar that caught everyone’s attention. Before taking off I swiped my hand across the counter knocking everything to the floor.

KIM’S P.O.V.

Just before my plane took off I quick sent a text to Jacob letting him know I made it to the plane and we’re about ready to take off. Then I turned it off just as the plane started making its way down the runway.

I haven’t even left Seattle yet and I already felt home sick as my thought drifted to Jared. I hate how I left things between us. My thoughts drifted back to that night in my bedroom. The scene replayed over and over in my head. Jared telling me he didn’t want sex from me, he just wanted to be there for me, and protect me. He really does love me, and I pushed him away. I won’t let Eli ruin my happiness. Jared was right, I need to let go of Eli before I can move on and be happy with Jared.
I tried to sleep the whole trip, but that didn’t happen. I was either thinking about what I would say to Jared the next time I saw him, or I was brought out of my sleep by the soundtrack of the plane; people coughing, laughter, children crying or asking their parents the famous “are we there yet” question.

I was so happy to be off that plane. When I arrived I took a taxi to the cheapest hotel I knew. It took 30 minutes for what should have been a 10 minute drive. I definitely did not miss the traffic here.

The hotel wasn’t in the best neighborhood, so I couldn’t blame the cab driver for being a little hesitant at first. I didn’t care though, the place was cheap and I only brought enough money to get me through a few days tops.

It was already late, so I decided I would not take the risk and venture out in this neighborhood waiting on a cab. I’d go tomorrow morning hoping these extra few hours wouldn’t make a difference. Somehow I fell asleep to the lullaby of gunshots outside my window. It would have freaked most people out, but I grew up around it, as long as you stayed below the windows you were usually fine.

That night my dreams once again consisted of Jared, although it wasn’t like the rest. In my dream Jared was waiting on me hand and foot as I lay in bed with a swollen belly. Every now and then Jared would place his ear to my belly trying to hear the baby. He then would say “daddy loves you” and kiss the top of my belly. The thought of carrying Jared’s baby made me feel like I was the luckiest girl in the world. That feeling soon faded as I was awaken by a heated argument taking place right outside my door. I looked at the clock and it read 6:30 a.m. I was shocked I slept that long considering the place I was sleeping in.

I got dressed and headed to the World Trade Center. Shianne, Eli, and I all worked in tower one, that’s how we all met, back before Eli turned into a monster. I walked in and right away was greeted by a familiar smile.

“Kim, I’ve missed you.” Desmond shouted before sprinting towards me to retrieve a hug.

“Missed you too.” I said as he hugged me extra tight, but gentle enough so he wouldn’t hurt me.

“Where have you been?” He asked as he finally released me.

“I moved, I thought you knew.”

“Nope.” He replied sadly. “I just thought you got a different job to get away from Eli, I heard you left him.” He replied with a smile this time. He never liked Eli, and I think part of it was because he liked me, but I also think it was because he knew what Eli was capable of behind closed doors. I never told Desmond about the abuse, but I’m pretty sure he put two and two together. He always gave me these looks that would kill when he caught a glimpse of the bruises if I didn’t hide them well enough. He never bought the stories I told about accidently falling, or walking into something. There were many times I had to stop him from trying to beat Eli’s ass, looking back I wish I would have just let him.

“Yeah, I finally left him.” I replied with a smile. “Speaking of Satan, is he in?”

“I didn’t see him come in this morning. He might still be on vacation.”

I knew I had to face him sooner or later so I could finally be happy with Jared back home, but I have to admit I felt relieved that today wouldn’t be that day.

“What about Shianne?”

“Shianne I did see, she’s probably upstairs hard at work, you know her. Do you want me to call up there?”

“No, I think I’ll surprise her.” I gave Desmond a hug and a quick peck on the cheek before heading towards the elevators.

[Floor] 1,
2,
3,
4,
5,
6.
7,
8,
9,
10,
11,
12,
13,
14,
15,
16,
17,
18,
19,
20,
21,
22,
23,
24,
25,
26,
27,
28,
29,
30,
31,
32,
33,
34,
35,
36,
37,
38,
39,
40,
41,
42,
43,
44,
45,
46,
47,
48
[Ding]

Finally! It seemed like the elevator took forever. I walked into the room filled with cubicles and walked over to where Shianne should have been sitting. Before I got the chance to ask someone where she was, I was almost knocked over by a heavy force.

“Kim, oh my god! Am I dreaming or are you really here?” I turned around to my teary eyed friend. I quickly returned the hug feeling my own tears flooding my eyes.

“I’m here.” It was silent for a moment while we just stood there hugging until I remembered why I was there. I pushed her back and scanned her over looking for any visible bruises and/or bumps, to my surprise I found none.

She looked at me in confusion. “What’s wrong Kim?”

“What happened that day the phone hung up?”

“Oh, Eli broke my phone. Michael finally came and got him to leave.”

“Did he hurt you?”

“No, Michael got there before he even had the chance to.”

“Why didn’t he take him to jail?”

“Really Kim? You know Eli has connections, he would have been out right away.”
I knew she was right, but it pissed me off.

She changed the subject before I could say any more about him, or the whole ordeal.
“How have you been?”

“Besides worry about you, I’m not the best, but I don’t want to talk about it.”

“That bad huh? Same here, I’m tired of this job, Michael broke up with me, and my landlord is trying to raise my rent.”

With that being said I got an idea. “You should come and live with me in Forks.”
She was stunned and speechless for a few minutes.

“What do you think?” I said pulling her out of her trance.

“I can’t just get up and move.” She finally replied.

“Why not, you have nothing tying you to this place. Come with me!” She was deep in thought.

“Ok!”

“Ok?” I repeated in shock. I thought I was going to need to do more convincing than that, but I was glad it was unnecessary.

“When are we leaving?” She asked excitedly jumping up and down.

“Now!” I shouted. “I don’t want to be away from Jared any longer than I have to.”

Shianne wasted no time getting her stuff together. While she did that I dug in my pocket and retrieved my phone. I forgot to power it back on after the flight last night. When I turned it on the screen flashed telling me I had 15 new messages. A large lump grew in my throat when I realized it was Jacob. I had not called yet today and our agreement was that he’d look after Koda if I called every day I was gone. I flipped through the contacts and hit send after clicking on his name not even bothering to listen to the messages. The phone barely rang once before I heard Jacob’s panicked voice on the other end.

“Kim where the fuck have you been?”

“Jacob I’m ok.” I said hoping it would help the matters a little bit. “I just forgot to turn my phone back on after the flight yesterday.”

“Damn it Kim. I was about to book a flight out there for Jared and I.”

“I’m sorry Jake, is he ok?”

“I didn’t tell him I couldn’t get a hold of you; he would have tried to kill me.”

“Sorry Jake.” Was all I could say.

“Sure sure. When are you coming home? Did you find your friend? Is she ok? Did you run into him?” Finally he paused and I was able to answer his questions.

“Yes I found Shianne, she is fine. No I didn’t run into Eli, yet. I’m coming home today, and Shianne’s coming with me. We’re at WTC gathering her things from her desk and then we’ll be on our way.”

“You don’t know how happy I am to hear you say that.”

I smiled. “I’m happy to be saying it. I can’t wait to see you and Jared.”

“Uh huh, you just want to see Jared.” He laughed.

“I do, but I missed my best friend too.”

“Missed you too Kim.”

Our conversation was interrupted by a loud noise. It almost resembled the sound of a freight train. Jacob must have heard it too.

“Kim what’s going on?”

Before I could answer, what sounded like an explosion went off shaking the building with it. My phone went flying as Shianna and I fell to the floor. People began screaming rushing out towards the stairs. I had no time to wonder what happened. I pulled Shianne up from the ground and raced to the stairs like the others.

The stairs were packed and it felt like we weren’t making any progress on our journey to escape the building. The sounds of screaming faded and the sound of panicked voices and coughing people high above us took its place. Firemen were rushing passed us stopping every once and a while to catch their breath as they climbed up the stairs. Every now and then I would hear someone ask the question we were all thinking “what happened”? The only response they would give was “keep moving, get out of the building as quickly as you can, and get away from the building.”

Somehow we made it to an exit. People were running around the streets screaming, some with open wounds spewing blood everywhere. Paper and ash fell from the sky like snow on Christmas morning. I looked up and saw nothing but smoke and fire coming from a gaping hole in the building I was just in. I caught a glimpse of a large figure falling from the building. It wasn’t until it got closer that I realized it was a person. The thud that the body made when it hit the ground would haunt me forever. I was frozen in place watching hell rise before us.

The building began crumbling. It wasn’t until than did I realize my feet moving. Shianne was running as fast as she could away from it all and she was pulling me with her.

As we were running I barely noticed anyone, until I saw him. A lady was screaming for us to come into her shop for cover. Shianne disappeared into the building as I was once again frozen on the sidewalk, eyes locked with his. They weren’t the cold black eyes I left a month or so ago. They were his beautiful hazel eyes. His face was not hard and angry as he looked at me, but filled with worry as the cloud of smoke rolling down the street got closer. My heart raced as he charged toward me. I thought for sure he was going to finish what he started a month ago. He pushed me and I went flying into the building Shianne disappeared into. I felt a hand grab me and pull me into the building as the monstrous cloud approached and took away our vision. The window shattered and the store filled with the smoke, ash, debris, and I was too scared to think of what else.