Live, Laugh, Love

Live ,Laugh ,Love chp.19

After a few days of healing, I was feeling 100% better. Rob had nursed me, and I don’t know what I would have done without him. He was so patient, so caring. But it worried me when he started coughing and sneezing. It made sense. Now that I was better, he was sick. Just. My. Luck.

“Will you please just go to the doctor??” I asked, poking him. “You probably caught what I had.”

Rob groaned and reached over to take my hand. “This sucks.”

I laughed. “I know how you feel.”

“My head is going to explode.” He grabbed his forehead in pain and I stroked his cheek soothingly.

“Come on.” I said. “I can’t carry you to the doctor, but I know Kellan can. And I have him on speed dial.” I said, threatening.

“Why do you have Kellan on speed dial?” he asked, suspicious.

I groaned. “Ok, maybe he’s not on speed dial but I know his number. Jackson and he could have you out of here in two seconds.”

Rob sat up slowly, testing. “Ahhh!” he moaned, grabbing my thigh.

“Baby.” I cooed, reaching over and trying to smooth his messy hair. He’d been sitting on this couch all morning.

------------------------------------------

Low and behold, Rob had what I had had. The doctor told me to check his temperature every hour, and if it got over 103.7 I should bring him in.

Rob tossed on the couch, his forehead matted with sweat and hair. I didn’t know what to do, so I sat down at his head, pulling it into my lap. I played with is hair, trying my best to soothe him.

“Ohhh.” Rob moaned, and I reached out to hold onto his hand. I’d never seen him so sick. Then again, I knew exactly how he was feeling.

-----------------------------------------

“Baby, I have to work tonight.” I said worriedly, walking into the bedroom where Rob lie face-down on the bed. He was only wearing his boxers, he claimed to be too hot. It was confusing because just minutes ago he was too cold. I sighed.

“And??” he asked, annoyed. I knew he couldn’t help it. He was in pain.

“I can’t leave you here alone so I called Ashley to come and…” I was about to say babysit but I knew he would kill me. “take care of you.” I finished.

“No.” he groaned. “I don’t need a babysitter.” Damn.

“I’m not leaving you here alone like this. I know you’re sick.”

“NO.”

I sighed. “I’ll just call off the show, then. We can do this the easy way or we can do this the hard way. You choose.”

“God damn. I don’t care. Tell her to bring Kellan.”

“Fine.”

Ashley and Kellan arrived just before I had to leave. “He’s in the bedroom. Make sure he keeps drinking fluids and take his temperature every hour.” I took the thermometer out of the cupboard and handed it to Ashley.

“Okay.” She nodded her head as Kellan started sifting through my DVDs.

“Thank you guys so much for this.” I hugged her tightly. “Oh! I almost forgot to warn you. Don’t breathe too close to him. I don’t want you guys to catch this. Use masks if you have to.” I laughed, waving.

“See ya!” Ashley and Kellan said cheerfully.

As I made my way to the show, Rob was the only person on my mind. I worried that something would happen, but I knew Ashley and Kellan would take good care of him.

The outfit I was wearing was absolutely amazing, and I was so glad I was going to get to keep it. I loved Chanel. I don’t know where I’d wear it, but I still love it.

After I did my thing, I met with a few fans backstage. There were two teenage boys that were staring at me funnily, too nervous to speak. I smiled.

“Hey guys.” I said, taking their magazines and signing them.

The taller one started stuttering. “We’re such big fans… I mean… you’re so cool… my… my mom loves you…. I mean, I really like you,too…. You’re pretty, but my mom thinks so too… uhh, she’s not a lez or anything, she’s just… you know…” he shut up and I smiled.

“Thanks, I think.” I laughed and so did they. “It was nice meeting you guys.”

I was about to walk to my dressing room when one of them grabbed my arm. He snapped his hand back like he had just touched a hot stove then looked at me apologetically. “Sorry. I just wanted to tell you that I love you.” I was speechless. “I was really pissed when I found out you and that Pattinson guy were dating…”

I laughed. All I could say was “thank you.” I walked to my dressing room and changed.

I rushed out of there when I bumped into another model. His name was John Greggory. I had a huge crush on him until Rob came along.

“I’m so sorry!”I exclaimed.

“Hey, that’s fine. You’re Rachael Banes.” He smiled. He had a nice smile.

“Yeah. Nice to meet you.” I shook his hand.

“Are you going to the after party?” he asked, did I imagine the hope in his eyes?

I automatically felt bad. This guy was obviously hoping he and I could have some fun tonight. I definitely would have wanted that a year ago. I smiled politely. “No, actually. I have to get home to see my boyfriend.” I mentioned ‘boyfriend’ so he’d get the hint.

He looked so sad. “Oh, ok. I’ll see you around then, I guess.”

“Sorry. See ya.” I shook his hands again, and gave him a nice smile before running out to the sidewalk.

I ran straight into paparazzi central. “Rachael!! Over here!!” they screamed. “Is it true that you’re pregnant?” I sniggered. “What do you think about the recent photos of Rob shopping at the jewelry store? Are you guys engaged?”

I tried to hide my shock. I didn’t know Rob went to a jewelry store. Like I was going to tell them that.

When I finally got back to our apartment, I ran up the stairs.

When I got inside, I found Kellan and Ashley sitting on the couch watching a movie. “Where’s Rob?” I asked them, putting the keys on the counter. It was a stupid question. Where would he be?

Ashley smiled. “He’s still in the bedroom. He’s doing fine. I think he’s feeling a little better.”

I walked in to see Rob sitting up, sipping water. “Hey, baby.” He greeted me. I smiled. He was feeling better, he was back.

“I love you.” I said as I sat on the edge of our bed, stroking his hair.

“Hmmm.” He leaned into my touch.

“I’m going to go say goodbye to Ash and Kell.”

I walked out and escorted Ashley and Kellan out, then I went back to the bedroom.

I got on my pajamas-rob’s shirt and a pair of my underwear- and climbed into bed next to him.

He wrapped his arms around me. “I’m glad you’re feeling better.” I said, grinning.

“I am too. Hopefully I’ll be great by Monday.”

“I hope you are. I miss your wit.” He laughed, kissing my forehead.

“Yeah, well I miss feeling good and not like shit.”

“In good time, my boy.” I laughed and he tightened his arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thnx 4 reading :) X