Live, Laugh, Love

Live,Laugh,Love Chp. 22

Normal*

“Wow.” I said, looking around the familiar room. “This place hasn’t changed at all.”

Rob wrapped his arms around my waist, his lips at my ear. “Do you remember the first night we stayed here?” he asked, smiling. I grinned, remembering.

“We forgot to buy sheets and there were no stores open. We had to sleep with sweatshirts covering us. It was freezing.” I laughed.

“We kept warm, though.” He laughed, his warm breath tickling my ear.

“Now that part I remember very clearly.” I turned around, wrapping my arms around his neck.

“Do you think we’ll ever be able to move back here permanently?” he asked, the longing in his voice almost bringing me to tears.

“I hope so. I think Riley would love the staircase.” I smiled, thinking how our little puppy would run up and down the stairs again and again. My son. So silly.

He grinned. “Do you have protection?” Why was he thinking about that now?

I smiled. “I think so. Why?”

“No reason.”

“Why?” I asked again, reaching up to peck him on the lips.

“I’m a man.” He chuckled “I have needs.”

I smacked his chest. “Could you control your hormones for like… three minutes?” I laughed and so did he.

“It’s not my fault you’re so damn hot.” He picked me up, setting me on the counter so I wouldn’t have to reach. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer to me.

Just sitting in our kitchen brought back so many memories of Robert and I. This was our first place together; our first real house.

“I love you.” He whispered against my lips.

“I love you too.” I smiled, connecting our lips again.

------------------------------------------

“Robert!” Claire yelled, engulfing her son in a hug.

“Hey, mom.” Rob’s muffled voice came somewhere out of it.

“And Rachael!” she smiled, kissing my forehead and giving me a huge hug. “How have you been, dear?”

“I’m fine.” I smiled, taking Robert’s hand.

Robert’s mom looked me up and down for a moment. “You’re just glowing.” She mumbled, smiling.

I shot her a confused look. She shook her head. “Anyhow.” She laughed. “It’s so nice of you guys to come to Alexa’s wedding. She’ll be so happy to see you again, Rob.”

“May I ask how you know her?” I wondered, looking to Rob. He’d never said.

“A childhood friend.” He said. “She lived across the street from us.”

“You know, until you came along I was sort of hoping to fix Rob up with her.” His mom said.

“Mum!” Robert blushed deep red, holding to my hand a little tighter.

“Interesting.” I raised my eyebrows.

“When will supper be ready?” rob asked, trying desperately to change the subject. I grinned.

“Around 5. You two make yourself comfy.”

We ended up in Rob’s old bedroom. I sat on his bed, his checkered blue bedspread cushy under my bum. I laughed.

“Jack Nicholson? Really? That didn’t keep you up at night?” I asked, pointing to his poster.

“Hey. He’s a legend.”

“A scary one.”

“I didn’t say anything when I saw your poster of Heidi Klum in your old bedroom.”

“Hey! She’s gorgeous. Not creepy like him.”

He sat next to me on the bed. “Whatever.”

We both laid back. Rob began tickling me.

“What are you doing?” I asked breathlessly, giggling.

“We should fool around.” He said, wiggling his eyebrows.

“No way! Your parents are right downstairs!”

“So? I won’t make any noise….”

I smiled as he pulled me on top of him.

“Rob?” I whispered as he massaged my tongue with his.

“What?”

“I don’t think I can do this with Jack Nicholson staring at me.” I giggled.

He laughed and connected our lips again.

------------------------------------------

“That was delicious, Claire.” I said, rubbing my-now full- stomach.

She smiled. “Thank you. You know, spaghetti has always been one of Robert’s favorites.”

“I know.” I smiled, taking his hand on top of the table.

“Well,” Robert sighed, looking at his watch. “We really should be going.”

Claire let out a breath. “We’ll see you two Saturday, then, at the wedding?”

“Of course.” I smiled and Claire walked us to the door.

“You look beautiful, Rachael.” She said, hugging me.

“Thank you.” I blushed, a little confused.

Rob shot her a look. “Bye mom.” He hugged her tightly
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok. So chapter 23 is kind of a big deal. So that's why this one is so short. Thnx 4 reading! :) X