Live, Laugh, Love

Live, Laugh, Love Chp. 21

“Rob!” I called into the living room. Oh. My. God. I can’t believe I forgot!!!

“What??” he asked, surprised by my tone.

“Come in here!”

I was packing my suitcase, getting ready for our flight to London tomorrow. It was only now that I realized I hadn’t told Rob about our trip. Tomorrow. Out of the country. I usually wasn’t this forgetful. I guess it was the excitement.

“Jesus.” He gasped, looking at the suitcase. “Where are you going?” his voice was pained, and I knew why. The last time I had left unexpected-I hadn’t come back in a while.

His eyes were pleading. “What are you doing?” it cracked at the end. He was misinterpreting my actions.

“Everything’s fine.” I assured him, walking over and giving him a big hug. His arms wrapped around my waist tightly, not willing to let me go. I had a feeling that I wouldn’t get anywhere even if I wanted to leave. I smiled.

“What’s going on?” he whispered into my hair, sending shivers down my spine.

“We’re going on a little vacation!” I exclaimed.

“Oh are we? Where to?” he was amused.

This was going to be fun. “London!” I yelled, throwing my arms around his neck.

He smiled so big it looked like his face would break. “Seriously??”

“Yup. Your friend Alexa is getting married and she invited us to her wedding. In London. We’re leaving tomorrow and we can stay a few weeks if you want.” I batted my eyelashes, pleased that he was so happy.

“Oh my god!” he exclaimed, ecstatic. “I can’t wait.”

“Well, then, let’s get packing.” I chuckled, pulling his suitcase out of the closet.

I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist. “Thank you.” He whispered, running his fingers over my body. “You have no idea how much this means to me.” He kissed my neck softly, but I could tell what his intentions were.

“Rob.” I warned. “We need to pack. Our flight leaves at 10 am. We need to be at the airport by 8.”

“We can pack later….” He said, picking me up and carrying me to the bed. “Besides, I can be quick.”

------------------------------------------

“This is fucking ridiculous!” rob whispered to me. We were being led through the airport, about five body guards all around us.

Rob tucked me closer into his side, trying to shield me from the flashes and screaming teenage girls.

When we finally boarded the plane we were both exhausted beyond belief. It was terrible that we couldn’t even walk through an airport anymore without being bombarded.

Rob’s breath was coming in shallow gasps, and his head was in his hands. “I don’t even remember what it’s like to be normal.” He said, leaning his head back.

He was having a panic attack, of that I was certain. It made me hate all the paparazzi, all the screaming girls. I wondered if they’d still do that if they knew the effect it had on him.

I laced his fingers with mine as I felt the plane tilt upward. “This is all going to work out someday.” I assured him, resting my head on his shoulder and kissing his hand.

He smiled and kissed my hair. “As long as I have you it will.”

The flight from Vancouver to England takes quite a long time. I drifted in and out of sleep. I would remember that I’d fall asleep with my head against the plane window and I’d wake up to my head on Rob’s shoulder. It always made me smile, how much he cared for me. He knew that having my head on his shoulder would make a big difference in how my neck would feel after the flight.

I’d also wake up to him staring down at me, his soft blue eyes just glowing with happiness. I’d always smile up at him sleepily and he’d kiss my forehead before muttering something about how lucky he was to have me.

But he had it all wrong.

He was my angel. No one was luckier than me. For some reason, this man wanted me as much as I wanted him. I knew I didn’t deserve it, but I also knew that I couldn’t live without it.

*Robert*

I watched her sleep, her long hair tangled and hanging around her face.

She looked absolutely angelic, like she had come straight from heaven. And I guess that was true, my own personal heaven. She was my angel. No man was luckier than I. For some reason, she wanted me as much as I wanted her. I didn’t deserve her, but I was not willing to live without her.

I was going to do it.

I had to. Here. In London. The birthplace of our relationship.

My nerves were in overdrive as I reached down and felt the small box that was tucked away in my carry-on.

I was going to propose to her here in London. My hometown. Our place.... I was certain as I re-tucked the box into my bag and kissed her forehead softly. Her eyes fluttered open just as the pilot came over the loudspeaker.

“Please fasten your seatbelts. We are arriving in London.”

She smiled up at me. “Here we go.” She laughed, oblivious to my train of thought.

“Yup.” I smiled, all my nerves melting away at the sound of her laughter. “Here we go.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thnx 4 reading! :) X