Status: Complete :)

Wake the Dead

Daryl Dixon

We were sitting in the house around the small tv listening to the warnings about a "virus" and people going crazy eating other people when, my parents called. They said they where going to Atlanta where there was supposed to be saftey and that they would pick up Syd and I on the way. Atlanta... There was no way in hell i am going into that city crowded with panicking people and flesh eating freaks. I wasn't that big of a dumb ass like my parents, but before i could object they hung up the phone and we started running around the house packing all the necessities for survival.

*

"I'm not going to Atlanta" I said. My parents just gave me a look and continued driving. " How dumb are you guys? That place is going to crash and burn fast and i am sure as hell not going to be standing in the middle of it." If Trey was here he would agree with me. I felt a spark of sadness, but buried it deep inside me.

My dad turned around and I could hear the annoyance in his voice, "They have help and protection in Atlanta. Everyone a thousand miles from that place is evacuating there. Everyone smart at least".

Everyone smart? "Alright Dad, you go to Atlanta. You go and see people running around panicking, people lying dead, the dead eating the people, and that 'protection' that is there; you will see that burning down".

Annoyance turned to anger in his voice, "You will NOT question my decisions! Do you have a death wish?"

"No dad, i don't, but it is obvious you do. And since when did you have the power to make decisions for me!?!" I started raising my voice.

"FINE. You don't want my decisions, then get the fuck out of my car!"

"Dad, please just calm down", Syd pleaded. My mom, just sat there, wincing whenever someone yelled, but did nothing.

"I will GLADLY get out of your car, Dad!" My dad didn't slow the car down, just unlocked the doors. I looked over to Syd and she hesitated, but got our bags and nodded to me she was ready. I opened the door a jumped out, Syd following behind me, and tucked and rolled on the pavement.

Only getting a few cuts and bruises from the fall, i dusted off and helped Syd up. "Do you really think there is nothing for us in Atlanta?" Syd had a little hint of sadness in her voice from leaving our parents, but she knew she couldn't last long with them and that leaving was the best choice. "Yes." Before i could continue i heard shuffling and moaning coming at us.

*(end of flashback)

I thought about sneaking up behind this guy and putting a knife to his throat, but i knew with my tired legs i would have elephant feet that a deaf guy could hear. Deciding against that idea, i took the knife quietly out of my boot and threw it right at the guy slicing his arm and then nailing the tree behind him. That caused him to grunt in pain and completely let go of his weapon revealing his face.

I saw Syd turn around gasp a little at him so, i walked closer to get a better look and realised who it was. "Daryl?" i practically whispered.

* Darly's point of view *

"Shit." I groaned. That stupid bitch who screamed scared off the only deer i've seen in weeks. I walked over to see who was screaming and saw a girl struggling with a walker on top of her about to take a chunk out of her neck. I debated saving her, but without thinking i shot the walker in the head.

I heard her breathe out and push it off of her. She turned around and just stared at it. I used this chance to sneak up behind her and put my crossbow to her head. "Don't move." I said. "Ya little screaming fit here scared off the deer i've seen in days." I pushed my crossbow closer to her head.

"Please don't shoot" She pleaded. "I didn't have a weapon on me, I dropped my bag while running". "Ain't that a damn shame" I responded."It was about to kill me!!" She barely yelled.

Before i could respond i heard something move in the distance and then i got a sharp pain in my arm causing me to drop my weapon. I looked behind me and saw a knife suck in the tree. Fuck. I looked at the girl i held my crossbow at and she had turned to face me now, and damn she looked so familiar. Right before i could do anything about what just happened i heard a familiar voice call my name.

"Daryl?" I looked up, confused, and then i saw her. "Fiona?" Her dad and my dad where friends, we never really talked much besides a few occasions, but i definitely knew her. "Holy shit" she breathed out.

She walked over to the girl next to me and hugged her tightly, "are you okay?" she asked, looking over her for bites or scratches. Then i realized it was Sydney, her sister. I kinda felt bad for that one, but you can never be too careful.

She got up and looked at me, "Daryl fucking Dixon, last time i saw you, you were the one that found me in the forest..". Remembering that day and then my arm throbbing, "Yeah, except i didn't slice ya with some damn kitchen knife" i said pointing at my arm a little annoyed. She chuckled a little, "well you did have you pretty little crossbow pointed at the back of my sisters head. Ya just lucky i didn't come over here with my damn kitchen knife and kill ya".

I grunted, and then changed the subject. "Y'all alone?" i asked. Sydney got up and brushed off, "Yeah, because this dumb ass tucked and rolled out of our parents car" she said pointing at Fiona. Fiona shrugged her shoulders. I wasn't surprised that she did that, she always had the balls to stand up to her parents.

" What about you?" Fiona asked me. I hesitated knowing that the group wouldn't like me bringing back people, especially Shane, but i didn't care and it would be nice to actually know someone besides those idiots at camp and Merle. "I gotta group, out over there, by the quarry." I pointed in the direction of camp. "Y'all can head over there tell them i sent ya, they might hesitate, but i ain't finished tracking this damn deer".

"Alright" she responded. She started digging in her bag and pulled out a bandage of some kind. "Bandage that bad boy up" she said handing me the bandage and walking away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Some chapters i might start off with a flashback, so if your reading and it seems out of place from the story, then its a flashback. And, the little starts or lines separating parts just mean that I'm fast forwarding a little or changing the point of view of the story:) Enjoy!