Do You Fear Me?

two

Scott and Stiles had offered to hang out with me, downstairs, in my room, but I opted out. I just wanted to lay in bed.
“Why don’t we go around Beacon Hills? We could show you around and maybe do something…” I didn’t want to be near them.
Near anyone.
“Sure...just let me get some shoes…” I grumbled up the stairs but pulled on slip-ons and kissed my shark one last time before going back downstairs.
What if Derek tries to kill h-?
“Shut up!” Stiles hit Scott in the arm and grinned at me.
“Hey.”
“What…?”
“Let’s go. We’ll take my jeep.” I followed them out to the car. Stiles happily got into the driver’s seat and Scott let me sit in the front beside Stiles.
“So, where’d you wanna go?”
“I don’t know…”
“Just drive to the school and we can walk around.”
“Go Scott.” Stiles chuckled as he pulled out of the driveway and towards their school.
“So, um, what was it like home?”
“I went to a private school…”
“Catholic?”
“No. It was a high-end private school. Best in the state or something like that.” Stiles’s face twisted.
“Was it a boarding school?”
“No.” I shook my head. “Just a normal school. Uniform, though.”
“No uniform at Beacon Hills.”
“Go Beacon Hills…” Stiles pulled up to the school and turned off his car.
“Shall we go?”
“Stiles, shut up and get out.” Scott jumped out and I slowly got out of the car.
“Welp, let’s get walking. I’m kinda hungry…” Scott shook his head and began following Stiles. And I began following him.
“I don’t wanna sound mean, but did you have friends at home?”
“Not really…just kids I talked to. I didn’t do much…”
“I hope we can be friends while you’re here…” I gave Scott a fake smile and kept walking.
Stiles and Scott showed me a few places in town, but Stiles was getting whinier as he got hungrier.
“Okay, Stiles! We’ll fucking stop to eat, Jesus Christ.” Scott shoved Stiles into the grocery store, Duncan’s.
“We’ll be in the meat section and you have Stiles’s number if you get lost.”
“Okay.” Scott directed the moaning and groaning Stiles towards the deli but I turned the opposite way. I began wandering through the aisles and found the candy aisle. I began walking down, trying to pick out something to eat.
Then I spotted chocolate oranges on the top shelf. I glanced around me, noting no one in or near the aisle.
I put a foot on the bottom shelf and tried to hoist myself up to grab the orange. But instead of grabbing it, my fingers pushed it back farther. I cursed and put a foot on the next shelf up to try and grab it. But my foot slipped and I fell back, only to be caught by strong arms.
“Christ, I’ve been watching you and waiting for you to fall.” My head snapped up to blue eyes.
“You waited?” I shoved him back and he laughed.
“Not like that. I just-I turned the corner and you were climbing up the shelves. So I stood here.”
“And didn’t offer to help me!?”
“You would have fallen back if I spoke.” I looked down. “Here.” I took the orange from him. He already had one. “I’m Isaac.”
“Rosemary…”
“You new here? You’re really pretty.” I blushed and looked down.
“Yea-”
“What the hell are you doing Isaac?” Scott and Stiles turned the corner, Scott much faster than Stiles, who seemed to be running to catch up.
“Talking to Rosie, didn’t know you were here…” He mumbled.
“You can leave now.”
“I’m not done talking to Rosie.” I stepped back against the shelf.
“Scott, she can handle herself.” Stiles pulled his shoulder back. Scott looked at me, then to Isaac.
“He’s right.”
“Rosie, do you need me to get that?” Stiles cut off Scott.
“No, I got it.” Scott growled at Isaac.

He growled. It was no normal growl. It was a wolf’s growl.

I gasped and slammed my back into the shelf, effectively shaking it and catching all the boys’ attention.
“Rosie? You okay?” I nodded mechanically. “We’ll be outside, okay?” I nodded again at Stiles and the two left
“Rosie? You don’t look okay. Are you sure you’re okay?” Isaac’s voice broke through and I looked up at him. “Rosemary?”
“I’m fine.”
“You’re really pretty…” I dropped my head. But his hand came up and he brushed my hair away and lifted my chin. He’d moved closer. “You’re not from around here, are you?”
“No,” I gulped.
“I thought so.”
“Isaac…”
“Rosie.”
“Please don’t stand so close.”
“Why?”
“Stop-” I shoved him back, but he caught my wrist in his right hand. He set down what was in his hands and took my other wrist.
“Or what?”
“I’ll-Scott-”
“Scott doesn’t scare me.”
“Please stop.” I whined.
He stepped back.
“Sorry…” He took his things from his shelf and picked up the chocolate orange. “Come on. I’ll pay for it.”
“I can-”
“Please.” I followed him to the register, where I could see Stiles and Scott arguing through the window. “Rosie, can I ask you something?” I looked at him. “Will you go out with me? Tomorrow night?”
“I-uh-Isaac, I don’t think that’s a good idea.”
“Don’t tell me you’re going to let Scott scare you.”
“Scott doesn’t scare me. I want to have actual friends here.”
“I can be your friend.”
“I’m sorry, Isaac.” I took the chocolate from his bag and quickly left, rushing past Stiles and Scott to the jeep.
“Rosie!” Scott caught me first. “Rosie, what’s wrong?”
“Nothing, Scott.”
“You can talk to me-”
“Can we go home?”
“Yea…get in.” Stiles unlocked the jeep and got in.

♒♋♊

“You okay!?”
“Fine!” I slammed the orange onto the table again and this time it broke.
“What are you doing!? Killing something!?”
“Just an orange!” Stiles laughed. I shoved a piece of chocolate into my mouth and kept reading the book.
I’d found it in the room and it was about a werewolf and his human true love.
“Stiles? Rosemary?”
“Here!”
“Up here!”
“Okay…” I flipped the page.
“How’re you doing, Rose?”
“Rosie, please. I’m good.”
“Is that a chocolate orange?”
“Yeah, I haven’t had one in forever.” Sheriff smiled and left to his room.
I licked my lips and kept reading.
But yesterday was still playing in my head. Scott growled, like that man had when he killed my family. Scott just didn’t have bloody red eyes. I could always ask Stiles…he’s bound to know.
“Rosie, I’m making dinner. I’ll send Stiles up when it’s done.”
“Okay.” I smiled and he left again. I kept reading until Stiles poked his head into my room.
“Dinner’s ready.”
“Alright…” I closed the book, but called back to him. “Stiles?”
“Yea?”
“Is…did you hear Scott’s growl yesterday?”
“G-growl?”
“You know, when Isaac said he’d pay for the chocolate?”
“Uh-not really…why?”
“It just…it sounded weird…one of the people, who-who killed my family…he growled like that.”
“He what?”
“He growled like Scott did. Like-a-a wolf.”
“Scott’s not a wolf, if that’s what you’re insinuating.”
“No! I’m just saying-”
“You don’t think Scott did it, do you?”
“No! I’m just saying it sounded familiar!”
“You’re reading one of my mom’s old romance novels, he’s not a werewolf, Rosie.” Stiles laughed. “But he might be a vampire.”
“How would you know? He suck your blood?”
“You never know.” I grinned and got up.
“I like you, Rosie…I think you’ll fit in fine around here.” I hugged Stiles.
“Thanks.”
“There you two are. Geez, dinner’s nearly getting cold.”
“Maybe if you turned the fan off…”
“Stiles.” He gave his dad a shit eating grin and sat down.
“So, Rosie, um, the station asked me to talk to you about your parents…they say that they don’t have any living relatives.”
“No…all my aunts and uncles are either dead or they were killed in war. I only had one of each, but you know…and my grandparents are dead…” I picked at the pasta, eating bits.
“While we still have to go to the state, I’d like you to stay here, Rosie. It gets a little lonely, just Stiles and I and I know Scott warmed up to you.”
“I-I think I’d like to stay here too…I really like it here…and Stiles would be a really awesome brother…” He grinned and awed.
“Thank you, Rosie…gonna make me tear up.”
“Shut up.”
“Then I’d love to adopt you.”
“I’d love to become a Stilinski.”
Welcome to the family!” I laughed at Stiles, who nearly fell out of his chair screaming my welcome.
“We’re glad to have you, Rosie.” Sheriff smiled at me and for the first time since I’d gotten here two days ago, I felt at home.

I knocked on Stiles’s door before entering. He looked up at me, smiling.
“Sheriff said I could go home tomorrow to get my stuff…”
“You can call him Dad now…I know he probably won’t replace your parents, but he’d love it.” Stiles shrugged. “And he’s a pretty kick-ass dad.”
I smiled. “I’ll see…would you and Scott mind coming with me? To my house?”
“No problem.” He welcomed me to sit on his bed. “Scott loves you, by the way. He thinks you’re an awesome little sister. Can’t wait to tell him tomorrow that you’ll be my little sister for real.”
“I know…” I looked at the comic book open. “Why doesn’t Scott like Isaac?”
“Well because they’re from two different packs-I mean-you know what I mean.”
“Friend groups?”
“Is there a word for that?” He laughed nervously.
“Cliques.”
“Yea…they don’t have much in common…” He muttered something under his breath but smiled nonetheless. “You like him?”
“Isaac? Or Scott?”
“Either of ‘em.”
“No…Scott’s kind of a brother…because you’re my brother and you’re his best friend, and Isaac just…he scared me the first time I met him but he’s…really nice.”
“He’s an alright guy. I don’t have much against him.” Stiles said, shrugging.
“Much?”
“Well, cause he and Scott-you know, never mind. What time do you wanna go tomorrow?”
“Anytime you’re ready.” I said.
“Sounds good to me. Aren’t you starting school Monday?”
“Yea…not at all nervous.” I muttered sarcastically. Stiles laughed.
“I wouldn’t be either. Beacon Hills…it’s a small place…but a lot goes on. The fall formal is coming up soon.”
“Sounds fun.”
“Loads.” I smiled.
“I’m gonna go to bed now…”
“Alright. Sleep tight, little sister.” Stiles hugged me and kissed my head. “It’ll be okay.” I hugged him back and got up, leaving to my room.
But as I entered, a gust of wind rushed by me and I jumped back into the hall.
“You okay, Rosie?” I looked down the hall to Stiles.
“F-fine…” I entered, this time with no wind, and closed my door. I glanced around but nothing looked out of order…
The book was open.
I closed it and shoved it in a drawer. I picked up my shark and placed it back on my bead before pulling off my clothes and dressing in a Sharks jersey and slipping into bed.
“It’ll be okay…okay, Stiles, I trust you.” I let my eyes close and reached up to turn my light off.

♒♋♊

Isaac
I pushed the door open and glanced around. She was dead asleep, a shark stuffed animal snuggled tight to her heart.
Growling at her house? I’d look into it.
I slowly closed the door behind me and pushed her window up and open.
“Don’t go.” I froze. Thinking caught, I turned to her. But she was still asleep. “Daddy…” I sighed and went to her. I took the blanket from the end of her bed and pulled it over her body to add warmth. “Dad…” I quickly went to the window and slipped out, closing it behind me and running towards the woods.
“Are you trying to get us killed, Isaac!?”
God dammit.
“Derek, I-”
“Went to go see some girl in the middle of the night while she’s still awake and when the Argents could easily kill you! Maybe Deucalion! I know! Scott’s fucking right! Damn puppy.” I growled at him.
“Don’t bare your fangs at me.” But the beta in me backed down and I did too.
“Leave her out of this.”
“There was a wolf there.”
“What?”
“At her family’s murder. A wolf killed them. She told Stiles that a man there growled like a wolf.”
“You think a werewolf did it?”
“I think more than one. I think alphas did it.”
“Isaac, you’re working on shit she said and a stupid crush!”
“It’s not a crush; I don’t know her!”
“It’s a crush! Go home!” I growled but ran off towards the loft.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, one day up and three recs and 11 subscribers. Not bad. I hope you guys like this next part. Maybe you can beef up the comments number too.
I do realize that the boys rarely have a day that they can just sit at home, but they needed to for this chapter. Things will get normal soon, I promise. Please stay with me on this, I haven't been watching the show much recently and I catch it on demand a lot. I promise it'll get better!
So, in the mean time, comment, subscribe, recommend, and tell your Mibba friends!
please and thank you.xx
-Galaxy.