Do You Fear Me?

tweny-four

“Rosie!? Rosie!?”

“Isaac, yelling for her isn’t going to find her.”

“Then you find her! I fucking love her and I just let her run away from me! There is an alpha out there who wants her head on a platter and I just let her run away from me! Do you realize how much I just fucked up, Erica!?” I screamed.

“Yes. I do. But she’s a human, she can’t hear you yell.”

“She’s gonna die…and it’s gonna be my fault.” I sunk to the ground, ripping my hands through my hair. “I’m gonna lose her, Erica.” I felt the tears well in my eyes.

“You’re not going to lose her. She’s strong too, Isaac.” Erica knelt beside me. “Come on. We’ll get Derek’s help.” Erica practically pulled me off the floor and towards Derek’s Camaro. She shoved me in the passenger seat and got into the driver’s side.

I pulled my phone from my pocket.

I’m sorry. Rosie ran off. I fucked up again.

I send the text to Stiles and Scott.

Something about her leaving me, didn’t seem right. There was pure danger in the air tonight.

“She ran off?”

“Yes.” I nodded once.

“Isaac, you realize she probably walked home, right?”

“Last time she went walking at dark, it cut her. Derek, there’s something wrong tonight. I feel it. She’s in trouble now.”

“How do you know?”

I just do!” I slammed my hands on the table. “The girl I love is in trouble and no fucking one seems to believe me! What the fuck do I have to do-!?” Derek grabbed me, shoving me to the floor.

“Calm down. That’s part one.” The words of my alpha sunk into my veins and I tried to breathe evenly. Calming myself. I had to use my anchor. Rosie.

“Smell her out.” Derek said. “But if you think this alpha has her, you need to go alone. Anyone else will ruin his plan and he will kill her in an instant.”

“Okay.”

“Go. If he has her, you only have so long before he gets bored.” Derek let me up and I took off running.

Everything in my mind was centered on Rosie, my hearing, my smell, my heart. Rosie was and is the only thing that matters.

♒♋♊


Rosemary

I was coming to again.

But I didn’t want to. Why couldn’t he just kill me while I was knocked out? I couldn’t have felt it.

Well, there’s the answer.

“Goddess. Do you hear that?” My head snapped up at him. “Oh, yeah…poor human. You can’t hear it. But he’s coming. He found you.”

The sound of a door flying open made me jump.

“Rosie…”

“So nice to finally meet you, wolf.” Isaac let out a snarl and the alpha laughed, standing up from his seat and throwing the same thing at Isaac.

Isaac charged at the alpha, but it grabbed him and slammed him into the wall. It embedded its claws into his side, slashing from his left hip to his right.

“Stupid puppy, you don’t seem to understand what is going to happen, Isaac.” It slammed him to the ground and I heard him gasping and groaning.

“Rosie, why don’t you look at him?” I kept my head forward, not looking at either. “Look at him.” I gasped, it grabbed my chin and forced me to look over at him. “He took that for you. If he didn’t give a shit, he wouldn’t have done it.” The alpha pushed my head away.

“You sit, doubting him, and never seem to realize the danger you’re in.” The alpha moved to sit back where it had been.

“You’re going to give me a lecture before you kill me? Just do it!” I challenged.

“I’m doing it for him. Nothing is for you here, Rosie. You’re just a pawn. You know how he needs to heal. He won’t, really. Alpha’s cuts are deeper than a beta’s or omega’s.”

“Tell me, Isaac. You love her, right?” Isaac sucked in a breath. “Answer me, Isaac. I don’t want to have to hurt her again.”

Yes.

“You’ll do anything, then? Take a bullet, take a cut, take…a life?”

“Yes.”

“Interesting. Do you think she could love you if you did? If you killed me and became me?”

“I’ll-never be you.”

“How else did I get here, Isaac? Your precious alpha did it too.” Before Isaac could speak, it smashed its heel into his hand. Isaac let out a howl. “Do you really think she could love you if you became me?”

Yes.

“That’s funny. Her heartbeat doesn’t agree.”

“She’s scared. Not of me. But of you.”

“That’s true too. Why don’t we get this show on the road!?” The alpha came and turned the chair I was in to face Isaac.

“You know, Rosie,” He began to untie my hands. “It’s really sweet what you two have. The wolf and his mate. I bet the kids would be cute.” Isaac flexed his hand and brought it to his stomach.

“Too bad.” He gripped my wrists and pulled me out of the chair. No words were spoken as he yanked me towards where he’d been sitting. I’d never caught sight of the rope hanging from the ceiling.

“Did you know that if a person is suspended, with their hands over their head and feet off the ground, for a long enough time, they’ll die of asphyxiation? Because they can’t breathe.” He smirked at me. But I was watching behind him. Isaac was slowly rising. And I didn’t know whether the alpha knew or not.

“Let’s test it?” He did. He tied my hands above me, but my feet still touched the ground. Just as he finished, Isaac’s hand came around and he knocked the alpha to the ground. It growled at Isaac and stood up, brushing itself off.

“You’re going to regret that, wolf.” Isaac dropped into a fighting stance.

“Isaac, stop-” I gasped out, trying to kick at him. But both ignored me, running back into battle.

I felt myself get heavier, straining my arms above me.

“Isaac, please!” He stopped for a second and the alpha tackled him.

“Thank you, Rosie!” The alpha drug Isaac to where I’d been sitting. “Now, Isaac. I don’t like trying to use wolf’s bane because frankly, it hurts me too. But I will if I have to.” The alpha left Isaac, tending to his wounds.

“You know, I noticed something about you, Rosie. You aren’t begging me to not kill you.”

“What’s the point.” I said, trying to stand on my toes.

“Oh, that’s a bleak look on life. You should be happier about life.”

“I have three things to live for.”

“Then try!”

“You’re going to kill me!”

“I know.” He rushed to me.

“Where should I bite her….what do you think, Isaac? Does she have a…sensitive spot?” He ghosted his fingers over my neck. “Isaac.”

“Yes.” He gasped out. “Yes.”

“Well, where is it? Actually,” The alpha went back to Isaac, lifting him to attempt to walk toward me. “Why don’t you show me?”

“You’re insane.” I hissed.

“Yeah.” He smirked, nodding. “Go.” He shoved Isaac towards me and he barely caught himself.

“Rosie, I’m so sorry.” He whispered.

“It’s my fault.”

“I don’t have all night, Isaac.”

“It…it’s right here…” I gasped; feeling a wave a pleasure hit me as Isaac kissed my neck. His lips moved, to kiss the spot better. I’d never realized how sensitive the spot was until this moment, feeling his lips on my neck. His hands touched my hips lightly.

“You two are a sight indeed.” I gasped again, remembering the alpha watching us. But Isaac keep going, kissing my neck and biting softly. He gripped my hips firmly.

“I love you, Rosemary, I really do.” He whispered to me. He then stepped back. The alpha shoved him back and came up to me.

“Wonder if I have the same effect.” I let out a whimper and the alpha sank his canines into my neck.

I felt the world around me grown dull.

♒♋♊


Isaac

My mouth fell open as the alpha flew back, hitting the wall behind him. His eyes never left Rosie, who looked practically dead.

But she was the reason he’d flown back so far.

He quickly shoved himself from the floor.

What is she!?” He boomed, coming toward me.

“A human!”

“That is no human! Are you fucking daft!?” A flash of light cause us to look over at her and that was all you could see.

White nothing covered where she had been. As the alpha turned to run, I grabbed him and shoved him against the ground.

But suddenly the light was gone and Rosie was kneeling on the ground, on her hands and knees.

She was panting hard, her eyes wide. Yet, slowly, she rose.

“Let him go.”

I stepped back, about five steps. The alpha got up to try and run again, but Rosie threw a hand out at him. He slammed into an invisible wall and fell back. Rosie quickly advanced to him and grabbed him, easily lifting him over her head. My eyes were wide as his as she threw him against the wall.

But he had to gather himself.

He rose and growled at her.

He then charged her, but she spun, kicking a leg out and hitting him. He slid back a few feet and used his claws to stop himself.

Their fight began.

It was like she was trained in hand-to-hand combat, the way she fought, and it was like she had the strength of an alpha werewolf.

But something in her told me that it was nearly over for him.

She brought her hands back and shoved them into his chest. With the final blow, he fell back against the wall again, collapsing.

Dead.

Rosie turned to me only to blink once and collapse. I caught her and sank to my knees.

“Rosie?” She took a deep breath.

“Isaac…” I hugged her to me.

“She what?”

“Survived the bite…” Stiles turned his head again and shifted his weight.

“That’s impossible.”

“Lydia did it.”

“Lydia didn’t take on and kill the alpha that bit her!”

I’d brought her to Deaton’s; he was probably the only person who could give us some explanation as to how Rosie didn’t take the bite and then came back to fight and kill the alpha like a wolf.

“Well, maybe Rosie is something different…”

“She is.” We all turned to Deaton. “Come.” We, Stiles, Scott, Derek, Erica, Boyd, and I, followed Deaton to the examiner room.

Rosie was sitting on the table, leaned forward, staring at the ground.

“Rosie…she’s something that I’ve only ever heard of. These are so rare, that this hasn’t happened since Ancient Greece.”

“What is she?” Stiles asked.

“I’m a goddess.” She looked up.

“What?” Scott looked from her to Deaton

“She is a resurrection of a goddess. Which one, we’re not sure.”

“Why didn’t she know before?” Derek asked.

“Because there was something stalling her powers. Something emotional.”

“You’re saying that her family caused her to…lose the power?”

“Yes, Erica. Her family and Isaac. Essentially, the bite of the alpha caused her power to spark and be released.”

“When he bit her, he went flying back from her.” I said.

“The spark.” Deaton nodded. “The power in her was a…beacon to supernatural creatures. The alpha probably had some idea as to her being special, but it didn’t know how. It would explain why Isaac was drawn to her.”

“And Jackson…” I mumbled.

“What?” Stiles looked at me.

“Jackson…he like…”

“He’s trying to get her.” Boyd said.

“Yeah…that…that’s why she ran from me at the formal. Be-because he told her about the rave…and Eric, him, and I.”

“Him?” Rosie asked.

“It was Erica, Jackson, and I who were dancing.”

“He…he didn’t say that…” Her gaze snapped down, but I could see it grow dark.

“Rosie.” Deaton put a hand on her shoulder. “Stiles, in the time it takes her to get used to her power, she will become more violent, much quicker. You need to learn how to calm her down.”

“Oh-okay.” Stiles nodded.

“And Isaac as well. I don’t like bringing this up, but this means the physical contact between you two needs to be at a minimum. Anything that might spark your inner wolf will also spark the goddess.” I nodded. “She will be much harder to bring back down when she’s aroused than just angry.”

“How can we find out what goddess she’s…she is?” Scott asked.

“You have to pay attention to what she can do. What her power is based from. What Isaac saw could tell us.” They all looked at me.

“She just…she was good at hand-to-hand combat. And she had some kind of power that she could stop a person in their tracks or throw an alpha against a wall.” I said.

“A goddess of war, then…something.”

“Athena?” She asked.

“No. Well, it’s possible. Athena would be unlikely, though.” Deaton told her.

“It doesn’t even matter.” She said. “I just want to learn how to use these...powers.”

“There’s one person who could help you.”

“Who?”

“Ms. Morrell.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm back...miss me?
Happy Thanksgiving!