The Dare

chapter 15

"Hey"

Vic was standing in front of me and I had to stop myself from wanting to fling my arms around him, I stepped to the side to let him in and I caught a whiff of his scent as he walked past me. I shut the door and turned to look at him, he was staring right at me. What is it today with people and staring? I looked away from him and instead at mason who was coming down the stairs.

"Hi" he said to Vic with a little smile. "I'll just get out of your way" he said and walked into the living room. I noticed the hurt look on Vic's face and I couldn't help but feel a tiny bit happy. I walked past him and up the stair, Vic right behind me. My heart was beating fast and my hands were getting sweaty, maybe this was a bad idea. I should just tell him to leave. I walked into my room and sat down on the bed, Vic closed the door shut once he was in.

"Who was that?" He asked leaning back against the door.

"Are we going to work on the project r not?" I asked getting up to get my lyric book from the top of my wardrobe. The little blue bag fell to the floor and I picked up and shoved it into my pocket as best as I could.

"Right, yeah sure" he said, I watched him open his bag and get out a few things that you would see in a recording studio. He set them down on my bed and then started fiddling around with some buttons and switches. "I thought we could recorded the song and then play it on a CD" he explained when he saw my confused face. I shrugged my shoulders and sat down looking at the floor, waiting for him to finish. I tried to calm my beating heart by taking slow breaths but nothing was working. I just wanted him to leave, so I can go back to hating him because now that he's here all I want to do is kiss him and touch him and just have him back.

"Erm ... we'll just record you singing and i'll do the guitar and piano stuff at home" he spoke quietly, I could tell that he wanted to talk about us. But I didn't want to because I know I'll end up either crying, yelling or forgiving him and he doesn't deserve either one of them. He sat down in the bed next to me and held out the small microphone thing for me to take, then I waited for him while he pressed more buttons.

"Just sing the first verse, first and then we'll do the others" he said, he kept his eyes on mine and I saw the look the pleading look in them as he spoke "okay, Just go when your ready" he said. I cleared my voice and held the microphone close to my lips, looking at the wall opposite me so I won't have to look at Vic, I began singing.

"You've made up your mind, right before the sound can move softly from your lips.
You leave behind, a choice which once before you thought you could not resist"

"Okay" said Vic, smiling a little "that was good" he pressed some buttons and flicked a few switches then nodded for me to continue.

"You give what you have when you decide that you, Keep burning like fire it's burning you down
Sometimes they say this should feel something like fire, till it burns you and you can't,you know you can't remain the same. Stay the same, stay the same, stay the same. I can't change" I stopped and looked at Vic who had a smile on his lips. God, I missed his smile.

"That was amazing, you have a really good voice kells"

"Kellin" I said and his smile slowly dropped, he looked at down at the bed and then started messing around with more buttons. "Right, sorry" he said quietly and I almost slapped myself for saying that but I don't him calling me that anymore, it was probably part of his stupid dare. To come up with a cute nickname for me, well fuck that! We recorded the rest of the song in silence apart from me singing and Vic telling me what to do. He didn't compliment on my singing or say anything that wasn't about our project which kind of made feel sad because a part if me wanted him to beg and say sorry. By the time we had finished Vic had only been here for about 40 minutes. He packed away his things while I waited for him to finish so I can show him the way out. I didn't want him to go but at the same time I did. Ugh, why did any of this have to happen in the first place?

"Urm, I guess I'll just go then" he said, I nodded my head and turned away from him, a few tears fell down my cheeks and into the carpet. Why am I crying?

"Are you crying?" Asked Vic, I shook my head and wiped my face, fuck! Why can't I stop crying? I heard Vic's footsteps walk towards me an soon he was standing behind me. "Kells-Kellin?" He said, I turned to face him and more tears welled up in my eyes. "Don't cry" he said softly, he reached a hand up to my cheek but I moved my head away. He sighed and dropped his hand to his side, "It hurts so much, Kellin" he whispered, his voice breaking slightly, I looked at him and saw tears in his eyes "I know this is all my fault but not being with you just, I don't know what to do" he said, I bit the inside of my cheek to stop more tears from falling. I couldn't stand the look in his face, he looked so sad and broken. "I swear to god, if I could go back I wouldn't even think about doing it " he was standing closer to me now, I could smell his aftershave. I kept my eyes on his, not blinking, he was standing so close. All I have to do is lean in and kiss him, reach out and touch him, but I didn't, I couldn't.

"I miss you" he whispered, his lips just a centimetre from mine, "please" he whispered, before slowly and gently pressing his lips to mine, he held them there for a second and then started to move. I pulled him closer to me so our chests were touching, his lips were cold and he was breathing heavily. I kissed him back eagerly, this was what I wanted, this is what I needed. I've been craving for his lips and now that I had them I just didn't want to let him go, he placed his hands on my hips and carefully pressed me to the wall. I bit his bottom lip and slipped my tongue inside his mouth when he opened, his lips were no longer cold but instead warm and I needed more. I needed more of him, wrapping my arms around his neck I pulled his head closer to mine, if it was even possible. I heard a sound, like a cough, coming from the other side of the room. I stopped kissing Vic and looked at him, he rested his forward on mine, looking into my eyes. We were both breathing heavily as we continued to stare at each other, I didn't let him go, I didn't want to. Vic pecked my lips a couple of times, "I'm so sorry" he whispered. I closed my eyes and looked down at the floor, I could feel tears forming in my eyes but I blinked them back. "Kellin, please, I love you" he went to kiss me again but I turned away, I couldn't take it anymore. I can't take him telling me he loves me, how do I know he means it? How do I know it isn't another bloody prank? I dropped my hands from his neck and brought them to his chest, "Just go Vic" I said then gently pushed him away from me, he nodded his head then looked at me one more time before he picked up his back and left.

Mason was standing at the door, awkwardly shifting from one foot to the other. I moved from the wall and lay down in my bed, face down into the pillow. I felt like dying, I just wanted the pain to go away or be replaced with something else. I felt the contexts of the little bag in my pocket digging into my skin, I sat up and looked at mason who flipped his hair out I his again yet again.

"A-are you okay?" He asked, I nodded my head and then placed a hand over my pocket, pressing it down so it was going into my skin. "Can you just leave me alone for a minute? I just a moment by myself" I said. Mason nodded his head and closed the door shut. I looked down at my pocket then pulled out the bag, I looked at it for a moment contemplating whether I really wanted to do this or not. The door opened again and mason walked in and took the bag out of my hand, "I'm not stupid" he said before he left again. I sighed and dropped back on to the bed, he really is a clever kid.

~~~~~~

I woke up the next morning feeling like shit. My eyes hurt when I tried to open them and my body was just feeling lazy. I thought about Vic all night even when me and mason watched doctor who which is like my favourite show after supernatural. Would it be so bad if I took him back? I mean he did seen sorry but how do I know if I can trust him? I sighed and got out if bed then headed to the bathroom. Maybe a shower might help clear my head, I turned on the shower and stepped inside but jumped back out again when I realised the water was cold. I checked to see if it was turned on hot and it was,

"Fucks sake" I mumbled and turned off the shower then trudged back to my room. This is not starting out to a good day, I got back in my room and started to search my wardrobe for something to wear when my door opened. My dad stood at the door with his arms crossed over his chest and a smirk on his face. I lay out a top and some skinnies on my bed and looked at him, he looked pretty scary and I wasn't really sure how to act since he never comes to talk to see me in the morning. I stood awkwardly in my boxers waiting for to speak, he tilted his head to the side and I saw his eyes scan my body.

"Those bruises seem to be fading, let me sort that out for you" I widened my eyes in feat as he started to make his way over to me, I moved back out of reflex and ended up tripping over a pile of clothes. My dad laughed and stopped in front of me, I looked up at him waiting for him to make his move but he didn't.

"I was joking, can't we have a few laughs together?" He smiled and I frowned. What the fuck is happening? A few laughs? That was in no way funny at all and as for the 'few laughs' never in a million years. I looked up at not saying anything and soon his smiled dropped and was replaced by a frown. "Fine. Don't say I don't make an effort, at least I tried" he snapped. Okay now this is weird, why is he acting like this? He held out his hand for me to take and I hesitantly took it for unknown reasons, he pulled me up to my feet and I let go straight away. I don't trust him, everything about this just seems too suspicious. "Me and Michelle are going away for a while, she told me to ask you if you wanted to come" he said his voice sounding as if it was a recorded message.

I shook my head quickly, as if I wanted to go on holiday with him and his barbie doll. I'd rather stuck pins in my eyes. "Good" he said and then turned and left. I stood rooted to the spot for a minute, what the hell just happened? Was he trying to be, nice? He's never nice, maybe he actually wanted me to go with them? No, that can't be it. I continued getting ready, forgetting about my dads strange behaviour, school was the only thing in my mind right now. And Vic, school and Vic. I don't know what to think anymore, every time I think about maybe getting back together with him a parting my brain just shouts at me to stop and run away. After I got dressed I went downstairs, ready to leave. I opened the door and was surprised to see mason standing with his hand raised as if about to knock on the door.

"What are you doing here?" I asked still shocked at seeing him.

"My mum sent me, she said I should I go to school with you"" he said in a quiet voice and adjusted his bag on his back. I stepped out of the door and closed it shut behind me then turned back to the shy teenager in front of me.

"Why? I thought you weren't starting until, like next semester?" I started walking and mason caught up with me quickly, he shrugged his shoulders and we walked in silence towards school. I wasn't really thinking about mason to be honest, I had music first today and that means that I will have to talk to Vic, after yesterday I don't think I even want to see him.

"Your thinking about him aren't you?" I broke out of my train of thoughts and looked at mason. "What?" I asked

"I said your thinking about him, right?" He raised an eyebrow at me and flicked his his messy hair out of his face. I sighed and nodded my head, I didn't see the point in lying, he knows I am anyway.

"You'll get over him dude, don't worry"

"I don't think I will" I said whispered quietly so he wouldn't hear.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry again this was late