The Dare

chapter 16

I was a bit late for class since I had to help mason sign in and find his class. Which I didn't mind because it just put off me having to see Vic. I walked slowly to my music class after I had showed mason where to go, I was thinking about maybe just skipping school and going home or something but then that wouldn't fair on mason. I stood outside the door of the music room, I really didn't want to go in but I had no choice right? I took a deep breath and then pushed the door open, everybody had already gone to their corners and were probably working in their projects. I spotted Vic in our usual spot on the floor with a guitar resting in his lap and he seemed to be writing something down on a paper.

"Kellin?" I looked away from Vic and at my music teacher who was making her way towards me. I sighed already knowing what she was going to say. ''Glad your feeling better to come to lessons" she smiled. I gave her a smile back and nodded my head.

"You do understand though that if you miss another lesson then I will have to fail you?" I nodded my head again, I wasn't really concentrating properly on what she was saying though because I could see Vic looking at me from the corner of my eye. It made me uncomfortable and nervous but I tried to ignore it as Mrs.Bourne carried on ranting. "Okay? So get on with your work and we'll see how it turns out next lesson" she said before walking away to help someone. I looked around at everyone else until my eyes landed on Vic, he looked away as soon as I looked at him. I frowned and made my way over, sitting down next to him and crossing my legs. I looked down at my hands that lay in my lap and Vic carried on playing on his guitar. Neither of us spoke or even acknowledged the others existence, which kind of hurt me a bit. I was sort if hoping that he would talk to me and try to convince me to take him back because honestly all I wanted was to have him back. The lesson soon ended and we both stood up from the floor, I picked up my things and watched as Vic put away his guitar and then walk quickly out the door. Tears began to well up in my eyes and I tried to blink them back it wasn't working.

"Are you okay Kellin?" Asked the soft voice of Mrs.Bourne, I nodded my head and left the classroom before the tears started falling down my cheeks. What was happening? Why was he ignoring me? I mean I know that's kind of what I wanted. For him to leave me alone but I didn't mean literally. I went into the boys bathroom and splashed water on my face, all I had to do was get through today and then I can go home. At least I won't have to see Vic again since we only share one class which is music. I left the bathroom and headed to my second lesson, there's no point in sulking. Me and Vic are over and I just have to learn to deal with it.

DANNY'S POV

I screwed up yet another piece of paper and threw it so it hit the back of some kids head. I was running out of ideas, since Kellin and Vic broke up my last idea was ruined. I took my headphones out and shoved them in my pocket, what am I going to do now?

"Psst! Danny!" I turned around at hearing Myca's hushed voice and smiled. A thought came into my mind, a very good thought, one that would end in me getting my own way. It was risky and dangerous but I could make it happen if I had the right person to help.

"Hey, why don't you come over tonight?" I winked, she smiled and then leaned in closer closing the gap between us. This plan is bound to work.

KELLIN'S POV

Sitting in the canteen with mason, I couldn't keep my eyes from wandering over to where Vic was sitting. He had his hair down and was scribbling furiously on a piece of paper, while Mike and Tony just talked amongst themselves.

"Dude? Can you be anymore obvious?" I looked to mason who was eating a small tuna sandwich. I scrunched my nose up at the smell and sight of it. "How can you even eat anything they make here? Especially that?" I asked pointing at the sandwich in his hands, he smiled and shrugged his shoulders. "I'm hungry, I'll eat anything" he took a big bite of the fishy sandwich and I looked away. I hate tuna, I mean who would want to eat raw fish?

My eyes drifted of to Vic's table again and this time he was looking right at me, I held his eyes for a moment then looked away. I didn't want him looking at me, he made me nervous and uncomfortable. "So it's okay for you to stare but when he does it it's not?" Asked Mason, I looked at him confused. What is he talking about? I didn't say my thoughts out loud did I? "You look super awkward when he's looking at you" he explained, I looked over at Vic again and then straight back at Mason when I noticed he was still looking.

"So how is your first going so far?" I asked. Trying to distract myself, Mason shrugged his shoulders and carried on eating. "Only one person talked to me, I think she was flirting with me actually, then I told her I was gay and she just stopped"

"Well that's okay, she's probably disappointed. It'll get better its only your first day" I replied, hopefully it will get better for him. Probably not though since he's hanging around with me but I'm not going to tell him that. When he finally finished his disgusting lunch we stood up and headed outside to sit under the tree I usually sit under. Mason leaned back against the trunk the tree and closed his eyes, he was pretty pale out in the sun. His skin almost looked dead with his eyes closed.

"Stop looking at me" he said without opening his eyes.

"Your so pale" I smiled, he opened one and looked at me then closed it again. "Your one to talk, Edward Cullen" it took me a moment to get what he meant but when I did I laughed and threw some grass at him that I pulled from the ground. I lay back on the grass and closed my eyes, letting my mind wander wherever it wanted and of course it went straight to Vic. He was so perfect and I would love to take him back but how can I trust him? After everything he did? I missed him, I missed his gorgeous eyes and his soft hair. I missed being in his strong arms and holding his hand tight in mine, I missed his warm lips against mine, his warm lips around me and his smooth tongue running over me. I wanted so desperately to just rip his clothes of and let him do anything he wanted to me, I wanted to see what it would feel like to have him inside me.

"Erm... Kellin?" My eyes shot open breaking me from my daydream, I lifted my head up to look at mason. "What?" I replied, he cleared his throat and tried to hold back a laugh, I glanced down at the front of my jeans and quickly sat up and pulled my jumper over my lap. Mason burst out laughing and I felt myself start to blush a little. How had I let myself get this carrie away? "It's not funny!" I said throwing grass at him, he stopped laughing and threw grass back at me but he still had a big smile on his face.

"What were you thing about? Or rather who, were you think about?"

I was about to tell him to shut up when a shadow blocked the sunlight, causing me to look up. Vic was standing in front of my holding his guitar and looking kind if nervous. I felt myself turn a deep shade of red and looked away to calm myself down. "Of course" said mason laughing, I shot him a glare then looked back up at Vic. "Hey, Urm can I talk to you?" He asked, oh so now he wants to talk? After ignoring me almost the whole day?

"Please? It won't take long, I promise" he looked at me pleadingly so I sighed and turned to face mason. "Could you, like, go away?" I asked and he smiled, "why don't you two go somewhere else and talk?" He laughed, I glared at him and leaned in closer so Vic couldn't hear me speak. "You know I can't!" I whispered angrily, I knew what he was doing and it wasn't going to work. I can't stand up in front of Vic whilst I have a boner. Mason stood up and picked up his bag, "I'll be over there" he said pointing over to some parked cars by the school building, Vic sat down in front of me and rested his guitar in the ground.

"So, erm, I know you don't want me talking to you and stuff and you probably don't want me asking you to take me back" he said, he looked so nervous, like a cute little puppy. "But I-I wrote you something, it's not finished yet but I really want to play it for you" he said, I didn't reply him, I didn't know how to, well I couldn't really because I couldn't get over the fact that he wrote me a song. Nobody had ever written me a song before, he picked up his guitar and played a few strings then cleared his throat. My heart was beating fast and I was getting kind if nervous but excited at the same time.

"I breath you in with smoke in the backyard lights, we used to laugh until we choked into the the wasted nights.
It was the best time of my life and now I sleep alone, so darling, don't, don't wake me up, 'cause my thrill is gone.
In the sunset turning red behind the smoke, forever and alone.
You've gone and sewn me into this bed, the taste of you and me will never leave my lips again under the blinding rain.
I wanna him your hand so tight, I'm gonna break my wrist and when the vultures sing tonight I'm gonna join right in."

He stopped and looked at me nervously, I didn't know what to say. He had an amazing voice and those lyrics were just so fucking heartbreaking and well thought that I couldn't help what I did next. I grabbed his shirt and pulled him close, kissing him hard. I didn't care that there was people around and possibly staring it felt so good to finally have his lips on mine again. Vic wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close but his guitar got in the way, stopping me, but I still didn't care. I carried on kissing him until I needed to breath, his lips were so warm and I instantly missed them the minute I pulled away. We sat staring at each other and breathing heavily, Vic looked surprised and confused and I smiled at how smiled at how adorable he was.

"Fucking fags!" Someone shouted but I ignored it, I'm used to the name calling anyway. My eyes didn't leave Vic as he put down his guitar and looked back at me, all the things I felt while I was with him started coming back. I wasn't really angry at him anymore but I still didn't trust him. He smiled and then pulled me towards him, placing his lips on mine again, I slipped my tongue into his mouth and deepened the kiss. This was perfect. This is how things should have been right from the beginning.