‹ Prequel: Superstar

Speak Now

1

"Alexis Maria Crawford you dumb slut, what did we ALL tell you about hockey players", Alyssa shouted to me from the living room as I got dressed.

I sighed as I put my shoes on and walked into the living room. http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=89990877

"You'd like him", I reassured her and she rolled her eyes.

"Don't come crying to me when you get your heartbroken once again", she sassed.

"I never cried to you about Patrick, or Sidney", I said.

"I know, what kind of best friend are you!! I was fully ready to help you but noooooo", she huffed and I laughed.

I was going out with Michael Del Zotto of the NY Rangers. We met on the beach a couple weeks back and we've been seeing each other for a month now. Alyssa was clueless to this fact since she's been in Canada for shoots the whole month.

_____

"Hey gorgeous", he said, kissing my cheek as we entered the restaurant. I smiled and followed the waitress to our table.

"Whats new", Michael asked me.

"Whats todays date", I asked as Michael checked his phone.

"September 18th why".

"September 27th please tell me you have nothing going on", I asked and he shook his head no.

"Perfect, its my best friend Abby and Patrick Sharps wedding and I'm the maid of honor. Anyways, I was wondering if you would be my date, its in Chicago".

He thought about it for a minute before agreeing, "Wait. Does this mean I have to party with the Chicago Blackhawks".

I nodded and laughed, "Most of them are pretty fun".

"Yeah it'll be interesting", he agreed.

"You're the best, seriously", I squealed as I hugged him tight.

"I know", he smirked.

__

I got home from our date and called Abby to let her know I was bringing a plus 1 to the wedding.

"Hey, long time no talk", Abby answered. I've been so busy with work and Michael that I haven't really had any contact with anyone from Chicago this month.

"I'm so sorry Abs things have been so busy and stressful and I've just been trying to forget him and anyways, I'm bringing Michael to the wedding", I said.

"Oh great!! I think its perfect and you need closure from pa-, him. Im so glad Lex. I think its time to let go".

Whenever I talked to my friends/family, no one mentioned Patricks name, we all just referred to him as 'him'. It was part of my moving on process and it felt weird to say his name out loud. Its been almost 2 months since I talked to him last, and I'd be lying if I said it didn't break my heart that he never tried contacting me. Thats why I decided that if he was okay to move on, I was too.

"Yeah me too, Michaels great. I'm excited for you to meet him for real. He's nervous about meeting the guys, but thats understandable", I laughed while she agreed.

We talked for a few more minutes before hanging up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Super short and kinda boring but the sequel.....finally!!! I was having writers block with this one and I made a ton of changes but I finally like where its at right now so I'm gonna start updating:) You guys are so amazing and patient and seriously leave the best comments ever! Let me know what you think? PS I began writing a new story so if you want check it out: http://www.mibba.com/Stories/Read/529346/Thats-Hockey-Baby/