Disrupted Alliance

Accomplishments

Zakir changed from his pajamas into a Nike shirt and jeans.

"Hey Suraiya, you want to change too?" Zakir says wiping a towel over his wet face.

"Okay." Suraiya glances at Zakir's wet arms and face and realizes he did wudu so he could pray.

Zakir walks into the room Suraiya woke up in, where she heard the crying baby for the first time. He opens a walk in closet and colourful suits sparkle as he snaps on the light. Suraiya's eyes widen.

"C-can I wear these?"

"Of course these are yours. You made them." Suraiya runs her hands through the multiple fabirics.

A closet full of clothes worth wearing to any wedding. Pure silk. Velvet. Soft linen. Georgette. Lace. So many fabrics.

"I made these." Suraiya whispers.

Suraiya chooses a simple cream shalwar suit with thick maroon border on the end of the shalwar, dupatta and shirt and locks the door to change. Once she is done she stares at the rainbow and styles of suits. Never having seen such an array or delicacy before.

Suraiya quickly opens the door worried about taking too long that Zakir changes his mind. She tightens the dupatta around her head and sees Zakir sitting on the bed.

"Okay we'll be leaving now. Walaikumalaisalam Abou." Zakir says and slides a phone into is pocket.

"What's that?" Suriaya says and Zakir pulls out the phone and holds it out to her.

"It's an IPhone, like a cellphone." Suraiya takes the phone and presses the button. 3:42 AM, July 28, 2013.

"It only has one button, how can you call on it?" Zakir laughs as Suraiya stares at the phone.

"I think you bumped your head." Zakir says and runs his hand through his hair.

"Uh-uhm let's go."

Zakir picks up Sofia and a baby bag and leads Suraiya to a silver Suzuki. He buckles Sofia in and places the bag beside her. Suraiya stares at the car and rests inside pulling her long dress away from the door.

Zakir sits inside and they buckle their seat belts. He starts to drive. At a stop light he glances at Suraiya and grins.

"You know, that's your favourite suit." Zakir says.

Suraiya feels her face redden. She presses the button on the phone.

3:50 AM, July 28,2013.

2013? But what happened to 2007? It's 2007, I'm in grade 12. I'm supposed to graduate.

"Did I graduate?" Suraiya whispers as she presses the button again to stare at the date.

"Yes you did. You got distinction in your Honours Bachelor of Business."

"I graduated university?"

"Yeah you did, about two years ago and you started designing before you left in one of your courses."

"Oh, and do people like my designs?" Zakir smiles at his wife, she always told him about her dreams as a child.

"I could name the people who don't like them on one hand."

Zakir parks in a driveway and stops the car. He pulls Sofia out and grabs the baby bag. Suraiya comes out to stand in front of the house.

The white bricks and navy garage are barely lit under the streetlights. The stars are still visible in the sky. A light freshness is hovering in the sunrise air.

"Uh-Uhm Zakir?"

"Yes Suraiya?"

"This isn't my house."
♠ ♠ ♠
What's going on bro, this ain't her house!

Short beautiful video: http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtube_gdata_player&v=vWVi8VgrVbU&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DvWVi8VgrVbU%26feature%3Dyoutube_gdata_player