Status: active

Decemberunderground

Miss ***

The way that he looked at her made her think that he knew more than she thought, which was strange because she had only just seen him for the very first time today. They hadn’t even formally met yet. He took slow steps towards her, making the floor boards creak beneath his feet.

“Sometimes,” He said, pulling a switch blade out of his pocket. “Death can be expected.” He grabbed her hand and pulled her close to him. He dragged the tip of the knife up her arm, but in such a way that left no markings.

She gulped. “What are you implying?” Her breathing quickened and became heavy.

Davey’s other hand wrapped around her throat, and he pressed his forehead against her temple. “Dreams of his crash won’t pass. Oh, how they all adored him.”

Avery could feel her heart beat racing at the speed of light. She didn’t know if Davey was about to slit her throat or not. She didn’t know how he knew. She had kept everything a secret. She pretended like nothing had happened. She had mastered the art of acting.

He released his grip on her throat and backed away from her. He held the knife up to his own throat and made sure that he was looking right into her murderous eyes. “Hey, miss murder. Can I make beauty stay if I take my life?” He pressed the knife closer to his skin and she could see he was about to pull and be done.

“No!” She cried, dropping to her knees. “I did it.”

He dropped the knife and watched her as she wept on the ground. He nodded, and dropped a piece of paper by her before walking out of the funeral home and into the snowy, December night.

She looked up and saw him gone, but then spotted the piece of paper by her side. She picked it up and unfolded it, revealing a picture of three black rabbits in a circle. Beneath the picture, was a time: 3 AM.

What could that possibly mean? She thought but came up with nothing. Right now, she knew she needed to get home before anything else strange happened. This wasn’t how she had planned for things to go. If Davey knew, who else knew but was keeping silent?
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Vero for commenting. You're the only one actually reading this story so yay