Status: Active

You're Not Quite Satan

Chapter 10

Alex's Point of View

"I'd like to dedicate this song to a special girl. I know I've done some wrong, and I apologize. I want to make it up to you though," I said, glancing quickly at the stage and feeling relieved as Tay reappeared just in time to hear the dedication. I started to sing the starting lyrics of Somewhere In Neverland, playing along with the rest of my band until the bridge to the chorus built up and I stopped, grabbing the microphone.
"Wendy, run away with me! I know I sound crazy, don't you see what you do to me? I wanna be your lost boy, your last chance, a better reality…" I sung, putting as much emotion as I could as I turned to face Tay full on, singing to her and to her alone. It seemed as though my entire world froze, leaving the two of us alone as I sang to her. Her beautiful, big brown eyes that I often found myself getting lost in stared at me, the light glinting off of them as she watched.
I gave her a small smile before turning back to the crowd to finish the song and felt a little pang as I looked back and Tay was gone. I really needed to talk to her, and I was going to tonight no matter what.

Tay's Point of View.

As soon as I'd heard the word "dedicate" leave Alex's mouth, I knew this couldn't be good. I stared at him as he gave his small speech, and I knew he was talking to me, despite how pissed all the Hustlers in the room would be, hopelessly thinking he'd dedicated it to one of them. He performed to the crowd and I watched as his words rang through my ears. They disappeared as soon as he turned to me, though.
"Wendy, run away with me." Those words were all it took to bring tears to my eyes, and I knew he could see them. I felt entranced as he sang the rest of the chorus to me, unable to look away until he did. I took that as an opportunity to leave, before he messed with my head anymore tonight. Giving the guys a quick excuse, I went back to the bus and curled into a ball on Jordan's couch bed and started to cry again.
I had to have been on that couch for a pretty long time, because the door opened in what felt like minutes after I'd gotten there and I glanced up to see Alex standing there, giving me a small smile.
"Can we talk?"
I stared at him for a minute before looking behind him at the door. "Where's everyone else?" I asked, avoiding his question.
Sighing, Alex ran a hand through his hair. "They're still inside," he explained. "Please. I just want to talk." he said, getting back to the point and I groaned softly.
"Fine. What do you want?" I snapped.
His features flashed with hurt as he sat next to me quietly. "Look, Tay. I meant what I said back there. I know I did wrong, but I want to make it up to you. I really, really do." he said quietly, glancing at me. When he realized I wasn't going to answer, he continued. "I like you, Tay. A lot. The stunt I pulled on stage… I know I should've asked you if you were okay with it but I wanted to do something that would catch your attention. I didn't mean to upset you, that has never been my goal since this tour started. I'll understand if you don't feel the same way, but I had to tell you the truth."
I looked up at him as tears reformed in my eyes. He was being sincere, the small furrow of his eyebrows and set of his jaw showing his concern for my emotional state honestly a little heartwarming. The thing was, I was starting to think maybe I did feel the same way. Maybe. I just couldn't bring myself to terms with that, and I couldn't bring myself to admit it either. I stared at him silently as a tear slipped down my face.
Hesitantly, he brought his hand up to my cheek, wiping the salty drop away from my face before caressing my cheek bone lightly. In his features, you could see tears forming at the rims of his own eyes and his gaze flickered from my eyes to my lips before going back to my eyes again.
It'll keep me up at night for weeks for what I'm about to do, but I didn't care. At this point, all I really wanted was to be close to him, no matter how much pain he'd caused me since we'd met. I slowly leaned in, letting our lips brush together softly before tilting my face up and kissing him properly.
Alex seemed shocked at first, not moving at all as he gasped quietly. Recovering quickly, he wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer as my arms wrapped around his neck, slowly warming up to him as I kissed him back passionately. As it had the first two times we'd kissed, sparks immediately erupted on my lips as the butterflies swarmed my stomach.
We'd been kissing for seconds but had seemed like it lasted forever, yet I never wanted it to end. I pulled back hesitantly, eyes opening so slowly as my eyes raised from his lips to his own eyes and my hands started to shake.
"I'm sorry…" I whispered, dropping my gaze.
"For what?" he asked, tilting my face back up gently by my chin as he flashed a small smile and I shook my head.
"We can't do this, Alex." I said quietly.
"Why not?" he asked, hurt.
"Because. You and I won't work," I mumbled.
"We can make it work." he pleaded.
"We can't."
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't want this to be stolen, so Copyright 2013©

Thanks for reading!
Follow me on Tumblr: xxashley6xx.tumblr.com
I follow back ♥