Status: Active

You're Not Quite Satan

Chapter 11

Alex's Point of View

"We can't."
I watched her for a minute, not knowing what else to say. Tay looked almost sad as the words left her mouth, and in that moment I knew I wasn't about to give up on her.
"Please, Tay. Give me one night, one chance. Let me have that, and if you still think we can't make it, I'll leave you alone." I said desperately as I took her hand in mine.
Tay glanced down at our entwined hands and bit her lip. "One night." She said almost inaudibly.
"Really?" I asked, not sure if I'd heard her right.
Tay nodded and pulled her hand back. "One night," she repeated and stood up. "I'm going to bed."
I nodded and stood up with her. Hesitantly, I asked, "do you want to sleep in my, uh, my bunk again?"
Tay sighed and nodded. "Yeah. Please,"
Taking her hand again, I pulled her gently to the bunk, sliding in first so I was on the inside. She slid in next to me, and I watched, surprised, as she didn't insist on hanging halfway off the bed but instead taking up enough that we were touching lightly.
"Goodnight, Tay." I said quietly as her eyes fluttered closed.
"'Night, Alex." She whispered before drifting off.
I lay wide awake that night, just trying to set things straight in my head as I pondered ways to make it up to Tay. I knew that it would take a lot more than an apology to win her over, but I just didn't know what else to do.
Honestly, I wanted to do something really cheesy, or romantic, just to make her smile and surprise her in a better way than I had earlier today.
So, needless to say, I really didn't get much sleep last night as I held the beautiful girl in my arms and thought of a plan to win her over, occasionally brushing a stubborn piece of hair from her face.
When I finally drifted off, my idea was finally brought to light. It played out just like a movie, and I tried desperately to hold onto that dream for when I woke up so I could put it into action. The next morning, as I rose back into consciousness, I smiled, quickly writing it in the back of a notebook that was in my bunk so I didn't forget as Tay curled into my side, sighing softly. Quietly sliding out from her embrace, despite not wanting to, and climbing over Tay to get out of the bunk, I went to the front and made us each a coffee before she woke up, returning just in time.
"Hey, Tay. I made you a coffee." I said with a small smile, holding out the mug to her.
She sat up slowly, giving a weak stretch before taking it with a small "thank you". I nodded and climbed up to sit next to her as I sipped on mine. "So, I was thinking…" I started, glancing at her as she drank her coffee.
"Thinking…?" she said, urging me on.
Clearing my throat, I fiddled with the cup in my lap. "You said you'd give me one night, and I want that to be tonight. Do you think you could meet me outside my bus at eight tonight? I know you're getting your bus back today, so…"
Tay glanced up at me, and when she spoke she totally avoided my question. "We get our bus back today? How do you know?"
Sighing, I explained, "Last night your manager got a call and said we're picking it up in the next city. You can finally have a bed to yourself," I finished with a forced smile.
She nodded, a smile on her face. "Finally."
"Anyway…" I cleared my throat again awkwardly. "Do you think we can meet outside mine at eight? We're stopping for the night since our next show is there."
She watched me silently for a minute. "I guess I can." she said reluctantly after a while.
A smile appeared on my face and I pulled her in for a quick hug she didn't return, but I didn't let that affect me. "Great. Oh, I almost forgot. Wear something comfortable, okay?" I added as I pulled back.
Tay glanced at me with a weird, confused expression. "Why?" she asked slowly.
"Just do it, okay? Please?"
"Okay."
"Great." I smiled and slid from the bunk. "I'm going to go get dressed, see you in a bit." I waved and went to the bathroom, closing the door with a huge grin on my face. Tonight things were going to change for us.

Tay's Point of View

For the rest of the day, Jack had talked me into watching Home Alone with him, so as we sat in the back lounge with Zack, Rian, Mike, and Cam, all I could think of was what Alex had planned for tonight. Why would he need me outside his bus at eight, not dressed up? If he was planning on taking me out somewhere, usually you'd need to dress up. I shrugged it off as the bus stopped.
"Thanks for the movie," I smiled at Jack as I went to grab my bag from the bunks. "I'll see you later!" Jack had started to become a big brother to me, after hanging out with him and just his jokes, he definitely knew how to make me smile. He came over to give me a hug that I gratefully returned before hauling my bag over to my bus, finally claiming my bunk and collapsing into it.
Glancing at my phone, I saw that I had about four more hours until I had to be at All Time Low's bus, so I took that as a chance to lie down and relax, listening to some music as I waited.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't want this to be stolen, so Copyright 2013©

Thanks for reading!
Follow me on Tumblr: xxashley6xx.tumblr.com
I follow back ♥