Status: Active

You're Not Quite Satan

Chapter 17

Mike's Point of View.

I slowly emerged from the bunk area and looked around at Jordan, Cam and Rob. "Hey guys, where's Tay?"
Jordan tensed a little and clenched his jaw. "With Alex..." He murmured almost imperceptibly. Giving a quick eye roll, I sat down in an empty seat.
"Of course she is." I muttered under my breath and glanced over at Jordan. "Hey man, you alright?"
"I'm fine." He said quietly, not making eye contact.
"Bullshit."
"'S not."
"Jordan..." I sighed and went over to him, putting a hand on his shoulder. "Please tell me?"
Jordan pursed his lips and glanced up to meet my gaze. "I said I'm fine, can we drop it?" He muttered and stood, towering a few inches over me. Jordan watched me for a second before turning and trudging to his bunk, shutting the curtain. Sighing, I sat back down.
"I don't suppose either of you know what's up with him?"
Cam shrugged. "He's been quieter than usual since we got the bus back. Maybe he misses the couch?" He joked in a quick yet feeble attempt to lighten the mood.
I sighed inwardly and shook my head before going to the back and pulling the curtain to his bunk aside. "Hey."
Jordan turned a little and glanced at me before turning back to the wall. "Hi."
"What's going on?"
"Nothing."
I have him a firm look and crossed my arms. "It's Tay, isn't it?"
"Why would it be Tay?" He muttered, avoiding my gaze.
"Because you've been avoiding any form of social contact since we got the bus back, and that's the same time Tay and Alex got together."
Jordan shrugged. "Just feel a little sick," he mumbled.
"Look man, I'm here for you. If it's bothering you, you can tell me."
Finally giving in, he turned to look at me with sad eyes. "I think I love her."
"We all do, Jord." I said with a small smile. "She's our baby sister. Not literally, but you get what I mean."
"No, Mike. You don't understand. It's not a platonic thing, and it's not just a crush anymore. I... I love her."
Understanding surged through me like a tidal wave. "You never said anything..." I murmured quietly. I knew it wasn't helping but I was just trying to let the whole situation sink in. It was no secret I wasn't a fan of their relationship, but this definitely made me dislike it a lot more. Maybe I'm a little biased, but to me, Tay and Jordan were a much better match. They'd known each other for so long, and now that I thought about it; it was evident in the way Jordan faxed at her that he loved her on such a deep level.
"I know I didn't. I figured it wasn't important, and that she didn't feel the same way."
"Do you know that for sure?"
"I'm sure enough about it that I'm not going to destroy our friendship."
Sighing, I shook my head. "Whatever you say, but don't give up yet. I know Alex is going to use her or hurt her, and I'm not willing to let it get that far. I'm sure you aren't either."
Jordan nodded slowly. "Yeah, I agree. But what if she gets mad at us for trying to break up their relationship? I don't know what I'd do if she got mad at me." He said the last part quietly.
"We won't let that happen. We'll just help her see what she can't right now, and it will be her own choice. If it means anything, I think you and Tay would be perfect together."
"Thanks..." He said softly and sighed. "I don't even get what she sees in him,"
"Me either. I'm just worried he'll cheat or do something worse to hurt her."
Jordan clenched his fists and jaw, visibly shaking. "If he does, I swear to God he's dead."

Tay's Point of View.

We got through Peter Pan, Lion King and had just started watching The Little Mermaid when I fell asleep with Alex's arms wrapped around me.
My dream started off normal; Alex and I were singing together on stage like we had when he surprised me - only this time I wasn't angry. That was when everything went downhill. As the chorus of Kiss Me Again started, Alex walked over as if he were going to kiss me, but didn't stop when he got there. He walked right past me to the side stage where a girl I recognized stood. Where I knew her from, I don't know. But as soon as Alex reached her side, their lips were connected in a heated kiss.
I opened my mouth to call his name when two warm lips claimed mine. Eyes shooting open, I found myself glancing at the closed eyes of one of my best friends and band mates; Jordan.
Disbelief shot through me and it felt as if I couldn't force my muscles to move. I wasn't in control as our lips moved together in synchronization.
A few seconds later, it seemed as if I could control my body functions again and I jerked back away from him.
"Why?!" I cried as I dropped to the floor.
-
A gentle shake on my shoulder sent me flying back into consciousness and I jolted forward quickly, smacking my head against Alex's with a loud crack.
My hands shot up to cradle my pounding head as Alex did the same.
"You okay?" He asked, voice slightly strained.
"I'm fine..." I mumbled and winced. "Are you?"
"Yeah. Were you having a nightmare or something? You seemed spooked and you were talking a bit."
"It was nothing, just a bad dream." I explained and stopped for a second, nervous I'd said something bad. "What did I, uh, say?"
Alex's hand rubbed smooth circles on my hip as he looked down at me and kissed my hair. "Just 'why' and 'no' a few times. You also said my name, and Jordan's..." He said Jordan's name significantly quieter.
Panic filled me. If I'd said Jordan's name, Alex might get the wrong idea. But I needed to figure things out as well; like why I'd dreamed about Jordan kissing me and why Alex was kissing that other girl. Then it dawned on me; it was Lisa!
"Do you want to talk about the dream?" He asked after a minute or so of awkward silence.
Jolted out of my internal conversation, I brought my gaze back up to meet him. Hesitantly, I pulled him in for a hug that he returned instantly. I smiled a little as I breathed in his musky scent, cherishing it for as long as I could before I found my voice. "It's really nothing..." I mumbled.
"Baby, if it's getting you this upset it's obviously not nothing."
My smile grew a tiny bit at the nickname, though it soon faltered and disappeared as I thought about it again. "We were singing together and then you kissed someone else." She said quietly.
Alex tensed a little. "Who did I kiss?"
"Lisa..."
"My ex?" He asked, a little surprised.
"Yeah."
Alex cupped my cheeks and forced me to look up at him. "If you're worried I'm going to cheat, know that I'd never do that to you. I just finally got the girl of my dreams; I'm not going to throw that away."
I nodded softly, not trusting my voice to stay steady. Alex sighed and bit his lower lip for a moment. "I'm serious, Taylor. I know it's been less than a week but I think I might, uh... I might love you."
My stomach clenched a little. Whether it was good or not, I couldn't tell. He was right; it had been really fast and I didn't know if I was ready for that. "Oh..." I whispered. I just couldn't bring myself to say it back. Not only was it too soon, but I wasn't sure I felt that way. I liked him a lot, that was no lie. But love?
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't want this to be stolen, so Copyright 2013©

Thanks for reading!
Follow me on Tumblr: xxashley6xx.tumblr.com
I follow back ♥