Status: Active

You're Not Quite Satan

Chapter 20

Tay's Point of View.
Several hours later, both bands were gathered on All Time Low's bus with some of the crew for a tiny party. Alex's arm was slung around my shoulder as we sat on the couch, while watching as Vinny and Matt got into another banter about nothing of importance.
"This is normal for them?…" I asked Alex, laughing as Alex's phone made a small pinging noise.
"Yeah, it really is. Haven't you seen the DVD?"
"No, but I'll get on that." I promised as Jack sat next to me.
"Good." He chuckled and rubbed my shoulder absently as I tuned out for a bit, the hum of conversations around me fading a little as I thought. Not only had the entire fan base probably been notified that we're together, but the meet and greets had been filled with questions about us. It was surreal.
"Tayson?" Rob nudged my foot with his.
I glanced up, knocked from my internal babble. "Yeah?…" I said distractedly, barely registering the hum of voices around me as well as yet another noise being emitted from Alex's phone.
"You good?"
"Of course," I smiled softly, "just thinking about stuff." Rob nodded a bit and went back to talking to Cam. After a bit, I looked up at Alex. "Can we go somewhere quieter?"
Alex glanced down at me and nodded, a slightly worried expression crossing his features. "You feeling okay?"
I gave him a smile and nodded. "Just a bit of a headache."
Alex's worried expression faded a bit as he stood, pulling me with him and tugging me off the bus and towards the ladder to the roof; where we'd had our first date. He sat down once we'd gotten up there and held his arms out for me. Once I'd found a comfortable position in his arms, he glanced down at me. "You sure you're good?"
"Of course," I smiled and nodded when Alex's phone chimed. Again. Finally, I couldn't take it anymore. "Why does your phone keep going off?"
Alex glanced down at the phone sitting next to him and chuckled. "I keep meaning to turn off my Twitter notifications, it's getting annoying." he said and went to his settings to make said change.
"Lots of tweets?"
Alex nodded, "I haven't even gotten around to reading them yet."
"Why not check them now?" I asked, curious myself to see what they said - especially after the events that took place on stage earlier.
Alex smiled and held his phone so both of us could see and opened up his Twitter app and finding the thousands of tweets.
"Hey look, they got a picture of our kiss!" he smirked and tapped the picture to enlarge it, zooming in a bit.
Blushing, I glanced at the picture. "I guess they did, what is the hashtag used with that picture?"
"Tay… Taylex?" he read out, frowning a bit, "What the hell is Taylex?"
Smiling a bit, I nudged his side. "Tay, Alex.. Taylex. It's our names put together,"
Alex blushed a tiny bit. "Now I feel like an idiot." he mumbled and exited the picture, checking out some of the other tweets and even retweeting some of them. After a few minutes, I watched him exit the app and open Safari, typing in 'Taylex' into Google and pressing enter. It loaded after a while and a bunch of different fan fictions came up that were posted about us, including one poorly written smut scene about marshmallows. After reading the first few lines, I couldn't read anymore.
"Oh my God, just please exit it!" I cried and covered my reddened face with my hands.
Alex laughed and did as I'd said, turning his phone off and putting it to the side. "What's wrong?" he teased as he put his arms around me, "Not into roasting marshmallows?"
I nudged him with my elbow gently. "Don't even start, Alexander."
"Fine." he pouted at me.
After a while, we decided it was time to get back to our own buses and bunks, both of us being extremely tired after the show we played. I couldn't help but smile as I drifted off to sleep, dreaming of the kiss we shared on stage in front of everyone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't want this to be stolen, so Copyright 2013©

Thanks for reading!
Follow me on Tumblr: xxashley6xx.tumblr.com
I follow back ♥