Status: I had this story laying around, sorry if it's not so good, feel free to comment with suggestions :)

Heaven Help Us

Band Practice p.2

[Gerard]

I sat in the coffee shop reading my new issue of The Watchmen. I couldn't concentrate because of my splitting headache, and also there was a girl staring at me. I had noticed it when I was ordering me coffee, but I thought she was looking behind me. I mean girls like her,well girls period, don't look at me, especially the way she looked at me. I knew who she was. Nicole Moretti, I've been in love with her since-well since I saw her in the fifth grade. We weren't friends, but I sometimes saw her in the halls. She never spoke to me, or even acknowledged my existence, but now here she was staring at me in a coffee shop. I made the mistake of making eye contact and she smiled, I faked a smile and she walked over. All the while I'm praying to baby Jesus that she doesn't come over.

"Hey-Jared right?"

"Gerard, hi."

"Yeah, you're in my art class."

"I think so."

"Yeah, well anyways, I was wondering if you'd wanna you know, hang out sometime."

I nearly choked on my coffee, "Me?"

"Yeah," She laughed, "I'm free this weekend."

"Um-"

"Be at my house tomorrow at eight, it'll be fun." She said switching the sides of her bag.

"Sure."

"Great, well I gotta go, I'll see you at eight then?"

"Yeah."

She smiled before walking off and I was confused as to what just happened. I couldn't help but smile to myself. A girl other than my mom or my grandma was actually talking to me. I looked at my watch. 8:09. /Shit/ I thought.

I quickly got up and rushed to my car to pick Mikey up.

[Eliza]

"I had a really great time,"

"Really?"

I nodded.

"Well maybe we could do it again, I mean just you and me."

I smiled to myself, "Like a date?"

"Um yeah," He said scratching the back of the head.

"I think that would be a good idea."

"Great! I know of a show playing next weekend, we'll go."

"Just give me all the details later," I said before giving him my phone number.

"Well, I'll see you later,"

"See ya,"

I walked over to Ray who was smiling like an idiot, "What?"

"What was that all about?"

"Oh that? Frank wants to take me to a show next weekend."

"So a date?"

"Sorta,"

"Wait 'till I tell aunt Brenda."

"You wont tell her will you? She will /never/ let me go out on a date with a boy I just met."

"We'll see."

I rolled my eyes and got in the car.

[Gerard]
The next night I spent about an hour getting ready with Mikey sitting on the bed reading comics.

"So why do I have to pretend to be you again?"

"Because, I'm going over to a friend's, and you're staying at Frank's."

"But I'm here,"

"But I told mom I was dropping you off at Frank's after work."

"I didn't go to work today."

"Jesus Mikey we're lying to mom!"

"But I'm a bad liar, you'll get caught and we'll both be in trouble."

"Just stay down here and you'll be fine."

"But Ger-"

"Mikey this is the /only/ chance I've had to hang out with a girl and I don't wanna fuck it up, so are you gonna help or not?"

He just twisted his lip and sighed,"Fine, but if mom come I'm telling the the truth."

"Fine fine, but just don't fuck up my room."

"As if that's even possible."

I went upstairs and left out the back door. Driving to Nicole's, I was trying not to talk myself into turning around. Everything kept telling me that this was some sort of Carrie-esque set up, but I didn't pay attention to it.

I pulled up to her house and took a deep breath.

"Just don't fuck it up." I said to myself.

I got out of my car and hurried to the door trying to let my thoughts stop me, before I knew it the door was open and Nicole was standing in front of me. She looked like she had just gotten out of the shower. Her jet black hair was stuck to her face and the lashes around her green eyes were clumped with water, even her tan was streaked, but she was still beautiful.

"I was starting to think you wouldn't show,"

"Of course I was, I would be crazy not to."

"Come in,"

I followed her into the living room. It was small, very modern, everything was white, the total opposite of my house. Her mom must've cleaned everyday to keep it as white as it was.

"You want a drink?" She asked towel drying her hair.

"Sure," I said glancing at all the pictures on the wall.

She returned with two bottles of Pepsi.

"Thanks,"

We sat on the couch and she asked me about my art and actually listened. I had always known she'd be a good listener. I talked on and on until I felt like I was talking to much.

"Sorry, I'm sorry, I mean what kinda stuff are you into?"

She just gave me a smirk,"How come I never see you around with any girls Gerard?"

I didn't know how to answer that, I hadn't wanted to sound like a loser in front of her, so I told her that I just hadn't found a girl who was worth my time, she chuckled and looked back up at me,

"Do you think I'm worth your time?"

I swallowed hard and looked away. She turned my face and looked me in the eyes. I'd like to say that was the moment I fell in love with her. When I looked her in those emerald green eyes and she kissed me-my first kiss, just one of two firsts that night.

[Mikey]

'Where the fuck is he?' I thought to myself. It was 3 am and Gerard wasn't home. I thought something bad had happened to him and was gonna go looking for him myself until I heard my mothers footsteps upstairs.

'Come on Gee where are you?'

I got a bad feeling in my stomach so I called him.

"Hello?" A groggy voice said from the other end.

"Fuck Gerard! I called you eight times tonight, where the hell are you?"

"At Nicole's, why?"

"Mom is up, I think she's headed down here."

"Just-just stall till I get there."

"Fine, but hurry up."

[Gerard]

I turned to my side to see Nicole sleeping on hers. I smiled and kissed her on the cheek.

Happy with myself, I got dressed and tried to make my way home as quickly as I could.

"Next time don't ask me to cover for you."

"Chill, nothing bad happened did it?"

"Still...what are you smiling about?"

"Nothing, just a great night is all,"

"You're so weird." He said, "I'm going to bed, good night."

"Night."

I was alone in my room just like every other night. I stared at the ceiling, letting my head fill with all kinds of thoughts. I couldn't get them to go away. I couldn't get the image of my own naked body on hers. I could've fucking killed her, crushed every bone and her body, she was probably disgusted with herself. I was disgusted with myself. That's why she couldn't kiss me.

I decided to silence all my thoughts with a couple pills washed down with whiskey.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you think?