Status: Writing :)

Collectively Unconsciously Composed

tottering off into that good night

The power eventually came back on... two days later. The storm that hit London that night had been one of the largest in history, leaving most of the city without power. Thankfully the power came on an hour ago, me pushing Harry and practically running to the shower. When there isn’t power, the water doesn’t work either, so the past two days were a bit hellish.

Harry and I didn’t really do that much, his interviews and photo shoots being postponed until the power came back. We mostly just lounged around all day, watching films and sleeping. Sleeping eventually turned into sex, but that only happened three times. I discovered that Harry was very fond of reading; I caught him taking out a new book every time I fell “asleep.”

“Scout! Are you almost done?” Harry called through the bathroom door. I was still currently in the shower, enjoying the feeling of warm running water.

“In a second!” I called back, my hands finding the handle and turning the shower off. I shivered the air suddenly cold now that the water was off. I dried off quickly, wrapping a towel around myself before pushing the door open.

“I think you used all the hot water,” Harry whined as I giggled.

“Suck it up princess,” I said with a smile, shooing him away so I could change. He rolled his eyes before retreating into the bathroom to shower as well.

I slipped on a bra and some underwear, pulling a black cropped knit jumper over my head. I tugged on a pair of denim high waisted shorts before retrieving my hairbrush from the counter. I tugged the brush through my hair, noticing how long my hair was getting. I needed to get it cut soon; maybe Lou would do it?

I continued to apply makeup, Harry eventually walking out of the bathroom with a towel riding low on his hips. I swallowed a few times, my eyes raking up and down his body. I walked over to him, wrapping my arms around his neck and pressing our bodies together. I pressed my lips to his, hands tangling in his damp curls. He sighed and leaned down, allowing me to reach him better. I brushed my nose against his and pulled my lips away, a frown forming on his face.

“Get dressed babe,” I laughed, turning back to the mirror. I heard Harry mutter under his breath before walking over to his closet.

I walked back into the bathroom, hanging up our discarded towels on a hook to dry. I gave an approving nod before exiting the bathroom. I scooped my phone up from the counter and left the room, making my way downstairs. I looked in the kitchen and frowned when I didn’t find any food. I shut the fridge in a huff before deciding that I wanted a glass of water.

“Liam just called,” Harry said, coming to join me in the kitchen. “We have an interview in fifteen minutes and dinner with management after.”

“Sounds like fun,” I replied, taking a sip of water. He raised an eyebrow as I shrugged my shoulders.

“So I won’t be home until later,” he drawled as I nodded.

“Yes, I know.”

“What are you going to do?” he asked before stealing my glass of water and taking a drink.

“Hey!” I scolded him, swatting his arm as he laughed and handed me back the water. I hit him once more before dumping the remaining water off and putting the glass in the sink. “You don’t have any food, so I am going to go food shopping.”

“Hmmm,” he said, obviously interested in my shopping adventures.

“Then I will probably order take away and sit here alone all night,” I said. “I was also thinking of trying naked yoga, heard loads of good things about it,” I added.

“Don’t make me want to stay in tonight,” he groaned as I smiled.

“Go get your fancy clothes on,” I laughed, giving him a little push in the direction of the stairs.

******

“”Just call me if you need anything. The interview is like ten minutes away and I’m not sure where the dinner is. I wish you would just stay with Eleanor for the night.”

“Harry,” I laughed, cupping my hands around his face. His eyes met mine before I continued. “I’ll be fine. Go have fun with your friends,” I said, pressing my lips to his before walking to the gate. He walked after me, wrapping his arms around my waist and spinning me to face him. He gave me a sweet kiss, rubbing his nose against mine before breaking away.

“Be safe,” he said quietly. I nodded my head still dizzy from the kiss. He nodded to himself before walking to his black Range Rover.

I waved to him as he pulled out and into the busy London street. The food shop was right around the corner so I decided to walk and get my daily exercise. It was a warm summer night, the breeze tickling my cheeks as I walked on the sidewalk. The sky was fading to a yellow hue, the sun setting slowly. I hurried, not wanting to have to walk home in the dark.

I arrived to the food shop, saying hello to a few fans that were milling around in the aisles. I shopped quickly, picking out an assortment of food and placing it in my basket. I wished I had taken a car, my arms aching as I carried the several food bags back home.

I let out a groan as I pushed the front door open, scurrying to the kitchen to place the food on the counter. I set the bags down before walking back over to the front door. A black hooded figure caught my eye, walking slowly in front of the gate. He swayed as he walked, obviously pissed. He noticed my presence as his head snapped up. I locked eyes with him for a second before slamming the door. I dead- bolted the door, running like a maniac to make sure all the doors and windows were locked. I breathed out a sigh of relief when they were, but my stomach felt tight with fear. The man looked strangely like Ryan…

I tiptoed over to the window, pulling the curtains aside to see if the strange man was still there. The hooded figure was nowhere to be seen, but I still felt on edge. News of Harry and I moving in together had not been released yet, but I felt as if people already knew. I silently prayed that Ryan didn’t read the news or listen to gossip. I pushed thoughts of the hooded figure out of my mind as I wandered back into the kitchen to put the food away. I ordered take away before changing into my comfy clothes: a pair of leggings and a t-shirt of Harry’s.

I put Pride & Prejudice in before taking a seat on the couch. I drummed my fingers on my knees, my mind not really focused on the film. I jumped when the doorbell rang, my heart nearly beating out of my chest. I regained my breath, figuring it was just the delivery dude. I grabbed my wallet off the coffee table before making my way over to the door. I looked through the peephole and sighed, confirming my suspicion. I paid for the food and walked back to the couch. I dug into a container of vegetarian stir fry as I relaxed and continued to watch Pride and & Prejudice.

******

My head snapped up, a loud dinging sound echoing throughout the house. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes as I looked around. The dinging sound came again as I groaned and got up. I threw away the remains of my dinner, my eyes widening as I passed a clock, the time reading 12:30 AM. A thumping sound came from the front door, my eyes widening in fear. My breath came out in short puffs as I looked around for a weapon. I spotted a bag of Harry’s golf clubs leaning against a door as I reached and grabbed one. I walked slowly to the door and looked through the peephole. I didn’t see anyone as my heart began to slow down. I unlocked the door and peeked my head out, looking both ways to see if there was anyone there.

“Scout?”

I screamed, turning around to see Harry leaning against the wall. The golf club slipped from my hand and whacked Harry in the stomach as he doubled over in pain.

“What the fuck?” he wheezed as I brought my hands to my face in shock.

“Holy shit,” I said quietly, my adrenaline pumping.

I ran over to Harry, who was now lying down on the ground, his arms and legs spread out so he looked like a star. I kneeled down near his head, my fingers trailing over his body to figure out where I hit him. He winced when I reached one spot and hissed when I lifted his shirt up to reveal a hockey puck sized bruise.

“Why’d you hit me?” he mumbled, his words jumbling together. I tore my gaze away from his bruised body and looked at his face.

His eyes were glazed over, a dimpled grin appearing on his face. Awesome.

“You’re drunk,” I stated, tugging Harry’s shirt down to cover the injury.

“Am not!” he smiled, trying to stand up. I rolled my eyes and stood up, moving to help Harry to his feet. “You’re my hero Scout!” Harry grinned, his warm breath fanning over my face. I wrinkled my nose, the smell of alcohol strong.

He stood for a few seconds before beginning to laugh hysterically and lying down on the ground again. He spread his arms out and began to make snow angels in the grass. I groaned in exasperation, Harry snatching his arms away whenever I tried to reach for him.

“Harry,” I said sternly as he laughed. He continued to roll around on the ground, clearly not going to stop anytime soon. "What happened?"

"Well Grimmy showed up after management left and it was just s much fun Scout," he giggled. I narrowed my eyes, watching him continue to play in the grass. "Play with me Scout!" he yelled as I shushed him, trying not to draw attention. He smiled and placed a finger on his lips, shushing me as well.

I couldn’t leave him out here, but he was also too heavy for me to carry. I huffed, realizing I would have to get him up somehow and inside. I groaned as I kneeled down next to him, moving so I was straddling his hips. He stopped moving instantly, his eyes fixed on mine.

“Stop moving you spazz,” I said, brushing stray curls from his face. He grinned like a child and wrapped his arms around me, my head landing with a thump against his chest.

“I love you so much Scout. So so so much,” he trailed off, his fingers drawing patterns on my face.

“Let me go Harry,” I warned, my voice firm. He continued to brush his fingers over my face, but loosened his arms. I slipped out of his grasp and fell back onto the grass.

“I don’t feel good,” he frowned, closing his eyes. I sighed and stood up, brushing my hands off on my leggings before helping Harry up.

He wrapped an arm around my shoulder as we both hobbled over to the door. I slammed it shut with my foot and took Harry to the stairs. I pressed a kiss to his forehead before setting him down on a stair and running back to retrieve the items that had fallen out of his pockets. I collected his phone and wallet, locking the door behind me. I set his things on the counter and walked back over to the stairs, surprised when Harry was nowhere to be seen.

I ran up the stairs, taking two steps at a time. I raced to our room and let out a breath when I saw Harry sprawled out on the bed, still fully clothed. He was snoring softly when I walked over to him, brushing my hand through his curls. I carefully slipped his boots off before tucking him in. I pressed a kiss to his forehead before also climbing into bed. He wrapped his arms around me instantly, drawing my small body to his. He tangled our legs together as he let out a sigh of content.

“I love you so much,” he whispered before burying his face in the crook of my neck.

“I love you too, drunky,” I said, cuddling into Harry’s side.
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter 32! enjoy lovely readers :)