Status: Okay, let's try this one more time.

Compatible

Que Sera Sera

I stared up to my sky painted ceiling, racking my brain for the reasons why I agreed to going on tour again. I just came home from our own world tour, for goodness sakes. I don't think I've even adjusted to the time difference yet, and I’ve barely seen my family and friends. Spent my first week back and Christmas with the family, then Dad had to go on a business trip to Edmonton, and mom’s way too busy with her socialite events. Kylie and I met up with our old high school friends a few times, but it got tiring after a while and we weren’t even that close back then, just acquaintances really. So I’ve just been lounging in my dress shirts all day, eating takeaways, watching reruns of Supernatural.

I’m finally wide awake but I’m still trying deciding if I should move an inch at all, my bed is too comfy for my own good. There's always the option of ditching the meeting, it's not like Victoria, our tour manager, won't go over it on the plane ride to London where we’ll kick off the tour. But weighing the circumstances, I’m not too keen on getting on Kylie’s nerves right before New Year.

“The Canadian multi-platinum, Grammy Award winning duo, our favourite girls, Double Trouble, will be touring with today’s biggest boy band, One Direction! Earlier this year, Jay-Z and Simon Cowell announced the million dollar worth tour that will feature both of their best talents. Tickets were sold out in less than five minutes, shutting down Ticketmaster and other partner sites. The tour, Troubled Direction, is kicking off in the first week of January 2013 in London! Fans all over the world are counting down the dates! Good luck to both groups! And girls, you've made Canada proud!"

I rolled my eyes. You would think there are other more important, hard hitting events going on somewhere in the world that needed to be broadcast. But nope, they just had to make our tour everybody’s concern.

“Troubled Direction." I scoffed at the tour name. Whoever thought of smashing that together seriously needs to rethink their marketing tactics. It sounded pretentious, and lame, who would ever want to go to a concert named like that? Not me, for sure.

I still can’t believe we’re going on another tour. I am honestly so worn out from performing and trying to hit every note perfectly each night for the last eight months. I just wanted to be out of the light for some time, be able to eat what I want without worrying if I’d still fit into my costumes, and let loose. But Victoria said we have to keep the fire burning while there’s still fuel, a girl band can only go on for little while before they’re yesterday’s news. Not that I’m complaining, I love performing for the fans, and the rush and excitement is awesome, being on the road and seeing different places isn’t too bad either, I guess I am just tired.

The first time I’ve heard of One Direction was when we had to perform for The X Factor; they were contestants and rumoured to be the group who would most likely to win. I didn't pay much attention though, we had our own career to take care of. Our first album just blew up and ever since then, we were always on the go. We had our little encounters like on award shows, and events, we even had to introduce them for their performance at the VMAs last year, but that was it.

I was blow drying my hair when my phone vibrated loudly on the granite counter. There was a text message from Kylie and five more others from Victoria that I intentionally ignored.

WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU? THE MEETING IS STARTING IN 10 MINUTES!!!

Are the popstars there yet? I replied quickly and went back on doing my hair.

No, but get your ass here! NOW.

I’ll get there on time, don’t worry ;) I doubt it though. I’m not even dressed yet.

Kylie texted me back, probably asking if I'm close by, or her detailed plan to murder me. I didn't bother opening the text message, because it would take time, and we're already press for time. I'm wearing a simple pair of jeans, tucked in my black boots that goes all the way up to my knees. I have a white shirt on, a knitted cardigan and a black coat. I have no time to fix my face, so what they see is what they get. I didn’t even bother getting my purse, just my phone and car keys, and I was out of my door. So who said I don’t care about being punctual?

I checked my phone for the time as I jog to my parked car. Shit, 9:54. There's no way I’ll get there it on time. Oh well Ral, you get an A plus for trying. The meeting starts in six minutes, and I’d have to drive across downtown to get to Fairmont Hotel in Waterfront. It should just be a ten minutes drive without traffic, but who am I kidding, it’s always traffic in Downtown. I won’t make it no matter how much I speed up.

And usually when all hope is gone just like right now, I would just take my time getting there. I mean, I’m already late so what's the point. But instead, I hopped on to my white Audi S8, still hoping I’d get there on time, or even just a few minutes late. I started the engine and drove like I had a pregnant lady in the back seat who just broke her water.

But of course, the universe love me so much, they just had to have a construction working in the middle of Main Street, and I’m barely moving in traffic. I groaned in infuriation, I’m fifteen minutes late but I’m literally five seconds away, if this jam can just move a little faster. My phone haven't stopped ringing all through my drive and because of frustration, I turned it off and threw it in the back seat.

When I finally got out of traffic I stepped on the gas pedal straight to the underground parking lot of the hotel, not even slowing down when I drove by the valet, and hotel guests. There isn't any parking spots left, so what the hell, I just parked in a pregnant parking space. Thinking what are the odds of someone needing that spot anyway. I got out of my car and took the stairs to the lobby, I was such in a hurry when I didn't even know where to go. I left my phone in the car too, so I had to stop by the main desk to ask. But I must've looked like a damsel in distress that the receptionist automatically told me floor and room number, or maybe she just recognized me. I mouthed a 'Thank you' back at her and ran for my elevator.

It was the longest elevator ride of my life. You would think getting on the tenth floor wouldn't take that much time, considering Fairmont is a five star hotel, but it felt like a minute per floor. A giant oak door greeted me, it has silver plaque saying ‘Conference Room B’. Well, this is where I’m supposed to be. I quickly checked my appearance on the full size mirror every hotel seems to have. Surely, my hair is sticking out every where and I look pale. I'm also out of breath from running, and getting so anxious to get here. So as I wait for my heartbeat to go back to its normal pace, I stick my right ear to the door. I tried to make out what they were talking about, but I all I heared was distant mumbling. Damn you, giant oak door. I shouldn't even be eavesdropping right now, I should be in that meeting. My hand was going for the handle when someone laughed behind me.

I turned around just to be met by a boy, about five inches taller, with a smirk that I wanted to rip off his face right then and there. His dimples are showing, his smirk slowly forming into a smile. And instead of being in awe at how beautiful he is, I was annoyed.

"What?" I snapped on instincts.

"You're late." He said matter-of-factly, his British accent filling the hallway. His left cheeks lifting a bit, that little smirk that ticked me off three seconds ago appearing again. I rolled my eyes as I turn around for the door to let myself in. Who does he think he is?

Then realization hit me.

One Direction, that's who idiot. I froze on my spot, mentally cursing myself.

I jerked the door handle without looking back to the One Direction kid. I’m not familiar with their faces, they kind of all look the same to me. When we’re asked in interviews who’s our favourite, I would always just say the dark haired one because he stood out with his hair, Zayn I believe is his name. Forgive my ignorance, I just did two hundred shows in the past eight months, I’m still trying to figure out today’s date.

I put on my best 'I'm sorry' face as I opened the door, and meekly said, “Hi”. All of them seems to be buying it, except for Kylie and Victoria, of course.

"Raleigh!” Victoria said, her voice going a bit higher than usual. I can tell by her face and hand gestures that she was ready to pounce on me. If it wasn’t for the other people in the room she would’ve exploded. Vic calmed herself and told me to seat beside Kylie.

I caught two of the guys holding in their laughter because of Victoria and I’s little encounter. I rolled my eyes as I shook my head, a little smirk forming in my face while walking to my seat. I have a great feeling the three of us will get along just fine.

My butt haven't even landed on the cushion of my chair when Kyles leaned in to my right ear, and whispered, "You are so fucking dead."

"I'm sorry, okay." I replied quietly enough, that only the two of us could hear it.

“We've done introductions earlier, but I guess we can do it again." Vic starts, getting everybody's attention. I was going to make a snarky remark about not needing my presence in the meeting but Kylie elbowed my ribs before I can even say a word.

“The little diva's name is Raleigh." Victoria continued, turning her head to my direction, while everybody lightly laughed.

Ha ha, very funny. Hi, my name’s Raleigh.” I say as I turn my chair from left to right so everyone can see me.

"The guy that you came in with is Harry Styles." I turned my head to where Vic's hand is gesturing. He did a little salute and flashed a cheeky smile. I didn’t bother with a response. I didn't realized either that he came in already, I was too preoccupied acting sorry for being late and at the same time avoiding Kylie’s death glares.

"This is Louis and Zayn." They were the two guys who were snickering at me; Louis and Zayn, I processed in my head. Zayn! Ah, the dark hair boy! But he has a blonde high lights now in the front of his quiff, his hair still looks good on him though. They both gave me smile and I did the same.

"Beside you is Liam, then Niall." I rotated to face Liam and reached out for a handshake.

“So professional.” He said smiling as he took my hand.

“It’s a Canadian thing.” I said jokingly. It seemed like Liam is the most mature out of the five.

I gave Niall a smile as he's too far away from me to reach out. Then Victoria introduced their tour manager, Paul, their stylist, Lou and the rest of their team. After the introductions, Paul dimmed the lights and Vic set up the powerpoint presentation. Victoria started with discussing the tour schedule and locations. Five minutes in I was already bored regretting why I bothered coming here, I bet nobody's even paying any attention.

I leaned in to my right so I was centimetres away from Kylie. “Who are you calling dibs on?" I whispered to her.

"Shut up." She spat whispered back, not even looking at me.

"C'mon, you can't be mad at me forever. I'm letting you pick dibs first." I said a bit louder than I intended that I got a look from Liam. But I just winked at him and continued bugging Kylie. Kylie can't throw a fit at me in here, she'd have to forgive me. But she didn’t budge.

“Look I promise this trip's going to be fun. We’ll sneak out after the concert, and they won’t even notice because they’ll be too preoccupied with the fans safety issues and One Direction and other things.” I reasoned out to her. “And listen, I won't even complain when Jordan visits you on tour." I bribe her. Heaven knows how much I hate her boyfriend. Well, I don't seriously hate Jordan. It's just that he's so boring and plain, unlike Kyles. I don't even know what Kylie saw in him. If it was up to me, Jordan doesn't get a first date.

“Fine, I’ll get you a purse from the new Chanel Winter collection." I bribed her even more.

But no, still no response. “Fine, I’ll get you two purses.” I add on. She finally broke, and turned to me with the biggest smile on her face, looking like a kid on Christmas eve.

I rolled my eyes for the umpteenth time today. I just can’t stand when Kylie’s mad at me. She’s my best friend, and given it was my fault I was late today and I should apologize, that wasn’t the only reason. She’s been there for me since Kindergarden, she’s the only one who stuck by me.

"So, who you calling dibs on?" I asked again as I snake my hand around her back to give her a tight half hug.

"Well, I can't really call dibs on Styles anymore, he's been eyeing you for the last thirty minutes.” She said teasing me, as a smug forms on her face.

I was shocked by her response, no I was appalled by it. “He is not-“

I cut off my own sentence because sure enough, as I turn to look at him, expecting he would be looking at anything else but me, his eyes were on me. He didn't even looked away or blinked, he just continued looking at me. He has this smile hanging on his face like he exactly knows what I've been thinking. Like, he knows that I just apologized to Kylie and now calling dibs on them. Was our conversation audible? No, I don’t think so, Victoria would’ve stopped talking then. Has he been watching me since the meeting started? Then he chuckled; at me, probably. I don’t get self conscious anymore, but for a second I was worried about how I looked. So I turned away, pretending we didn’t just have that little staring contest.

I was going to whisper something to Kylie when the lights flicked on, absolutely ruining my eyesight. "Shit, c'mon." I said a little too loud than I intended.

I got a look from Victoria but she just continued on. Poor Vic, she’s probably too exhausted already to give any damn about me anymore today. I don't blame her though, it's been a long day and I know this tour have been stressing her out for the past weeks. It's a tough job, I give her full credit for being so patient with us.

“Everything we've discussed is in this booklet,” Vic lifted up a copy. “You guys just have to sign on pages five, thirteen, twenty-three and on the very last one.” Paul handed us one booklet each, and by the looks of confusion on everyone’s face, nobody followed a word Victoria or Paul had said over the past hour.

"There's another thing we haven't talked about." Paul awkwardly reminded Victoria while we mindlessly flipped through the papers.

"Oh yeah, on page seventy,” Victoria trailed on, sounding a bit nervous, which is weird. Victoria is never nervous. If anything, Victoria is a know-it-all, and a hundred and ten percent always sure of herself.

"It states there that none of you can get into any kind of intimate relationship with each other. Meaning, no dates, no PDAs, no sleepovers at each other's room, you are to stay in your own room every night, and please, absolutely no sex.” Victoria finished her sentence sternly, and took a deep breath.

“The last thing we need is dating rumours. Both Syco and RocNation, can sue if one of you steps out of the line." She continued on, turning her head to look at me and Kylie. She’s not worried about us getting sexually active with the One Direction boys, Kylie is in a relationship, and I, well, the idea of “falling in love” makes me want to puke my organs. She’s more concerned of our little escapades. Just the usual underage drinking, sneaking into clubs, late night adventures. Typical teenage stuffs that wouldn’t have been a big deal if we weren’t public figures.

"All we're trying to say here is, Simon and Jay-Z trusted you guys with this big project because they know you all can deliver.” Paul added on.

"There's nothing to worry about." Louis reassures both of them with a huge smile on his face.

"We'll be in our best behaviours." Niall butted in, and puts up a thumbs up to Paul.

Kylie and I kept our mouth shuts, we never make empty promises. And if anything, we know we're breaking the rules a day into this tour anyway. So no assurances, we’ll just try our best not to get caught by the paparazzi’s, that’s the best we can offer. We’re not named Double Trouble for nothing. So I grabbed a pen in front of me and signed the papers.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am far far away from getting caught up with my chapters but I'm just happy I got this one done lol. So Raleigh and Harry finally met! What do you guys think? Thank you for all the reads and hello to all the new peeps who subscribed :) Reviews would be lovely!