‹ Prequel: Child of Wolf
Sequel: The Guardians
Status: First Teen Wolf Fanfiction! Hopefully it doesn't suck!!!!

The Guardians

I would swallow my pride

The next morning, I wake up in the attic; Derek’s right arm draped over my waist. A smile appears on my lips as I gently remove his arm and get out of the bed. Before heading downstairs, I take a look at my sleeping best friend. He looks so peaceful, so at peace with himself. He looks so innocent and vulnerable; nothing like the Alpha leader persona he puts on. This is the Derek I’ve come to know and love.

After leaving the attic, I quickly take a shower. Once again my shower time has been taken over with thoughts of the recently events. Not even my music could take my mind away.

I get out of the shower, wrapping a towel around my waist before exiting the bathroom. As soon as I open the door, my nose is greeted with the scent of bacon. Investigating the smell, I head downstairs. I walk in the kitchen and notice Derek at my stove, cooking breakfast.

“Derek Hale is making breakfast?” I ask, causing him to jump. He turns around and glares at me.

“I do know how to cook, Sifred.” He points out before going back to the bacon.

“Did you learn how to do that in New York or something?” I ask, “because the Derek Hale I grew up with burned water.” He lets out a sarcastic chuckle, but doesn’t reply to my comment. “It’s good to see you back to your old self, Der.” I note, causing him to look up at me and smile.

“Go get dressed, Stac.” He orders. I mock salute him before going back upstairs to get dressed…

**

Once I’m dressed, I head downstairs and turn my iHome on before heading to the kitchen. Inside Out by Eve 6 comes flowing from the speakers; causing Derek to look back at me with a smirk on his lips. This has always been our song.

“I haven’t heard this song in forever.” He notes as be begins to serve breakfast; stuffed French toast with strawberries and blueberries with a side of crispy bacon.

“You remembered my favorite breakfast?” I question with a smirk as I sit at the kitchen table. “I haven’t had this in six years.”

“I want to thank you for letting me hide here,” He stays as he sets two plates filled with food. “And I knew this was your favorite thing to have for breakfast. You were always so difficult.”

“I’m not difficult,” I chuckle, “I just have difficult tastes.” He just laughs before pour some orange juice then sitting down next to me. “You know you didn’t have to do this,” I tell him, “it’s my job to protect you. It’s always been my job; a job I don’t need payment for.

“You’re my best friend, we’ve got to look out for each other. And I’ve got six years to make up for.” I chuckle at the end before sipping on my orange juice.

“I’ve got six years to make up for too.” He adds, “I should have been there for you when your mother died. You had to suffer through that alone. Your aunt and uncle weren’t close with you and hated your mother. The only thing you could do was train to become something that you had no understanding of.”

“Well let’s not let another six years ruin our friendship.” I smile, “you’re going to let me in on big Alpha decisions now?”

“You’re not going to leave the whole guardian thing alone, are you?” He smirks at me.

“You’re stuck with me now and forever, Hale.” I remind him. “You either going to willingly allow me to be apart of your decision making or I’ll forcefully make my way into your decisions; the choice is yours.”

“Either way, I don’t have much of a choice but to hear your criticism.” He chuckles before stuffing his face. I can’t help but to smile as he begins to talk with his mouth full. My Derek is finally coming back…
♠ ♠ ♠
Stacy

Filler chapter because I'm tired and I really wanted to update this. Also new banner. One day I'll stop messing with the banner for this story. This is like the third banner this story has had; hopefully the last.

I also have like two different ideas of how this story is going to tie in what's going on with the show now. I'm not sure which one I'll end up going with.

comment&subscribe?