‹ Prequel: Child of Wolf
Sequel: The Guardians
Status: First Teen Wolf Fanfiction! Hopefully it doesn't suck!!!!

The Guardians

It is the breaking point

“Guys I’m fine!” I exclaim when I wake up a couple minutes later. Both Stiles and Scott are fussing over me like protective brothers.

“You were thrown across the room and fell hard on your head,” Scott informs me, “you blacked out for Christ’s sake.”

“I’ve come back from worse.” I inform him. And it’s the truth, even before I was trained I’ve bounced back from worse injuries.” Both of them are silent, knowing it’s impossible to argue with me. “What happened?”

“Ms. Blake -the Darach- took Stiles’ dad.” Scott replies. I quickly look at Stiles, he’s on the verge of tears. I automatically pull him into a tight hug. Instead of pulling away, he just accepts the hug and I can hear almost inaudible sobs escape his lips.

“We’re going to get him, don’t worry.” I assure him before pulling away. “But in the mean time, you guys need to get to Derek and tell him before she does.”

“You think she has some kind of power over him?” Stiles asks.

“It wouldn’t be the first time Derek was used by a girl to get what she wanted…” I sigh before looking at them. “Head to the loft and I’ll see if he’s at the hospital. I’ll text you guys if I find him first. You’re gonna have to be the ones that tell him.”

“Why is that?” Scott asks.

A sigh escapes my lips as I push some of my blood matted hair behind my ear, “last time I tried to warn him about his girlfriend we nearly destroyed the Hale house.” I reply, “so its up to you to tell him and try and get him to believe you guys.” They both nod their heads and run off.

“Are you sure you’re ok?” Isabelle asks as I begin swaying a bit; almost losing balance.

“I’m fine,” I assure her, “now lets get you back to the house. You’re not going to want to be stuck in a hospital all night.” She just nods her head as we walk out of the school and start towards the house…

**

I find myself sitting along side the doors leading down to the root cellar. I’m mentally cursing myself for not wearing a coat, seeing as though it’s pretty cold out. I can faintly hear sobs coming from Derek as he talks to Paige. My heart instantly breaks at the sound of Derek’s sorrow soaked words.

“You look cold.” Peter’s voice sounds as he comes out of the shadow, holding Derek’s basketball hoodie. I take it, thanking him with a smile, before slipping it on over my head. “How is she?”

“She’s dying, you already knew that.” I coldly reply as he takes a seat next to me. “Why do I feel like I need to go down there and protect him from this?”

“You’re his best friend,” he replies, “that’s what best friend’s do.”

“No, this is something else.” I sigh, “I didn’t always feel like this. My love for him hasn’t changed,” I try to explain, “but now I just feel like I have to protect him from everything.”

“Again, that’s what best friends are for.” Peter chuckles, “Stacy, you and Derek have a bond that no one can break. You guys have known each other since you were 3 years old. You’ve been by his side through everything. You’ve seen the horrors and experienced things with him that no one else has. You’re going to always want to protect him, no matter what.”

“It sucks that I can’t protect him from this.” I sigh, “he’s gonna have to watch a girl he loves die. He’ll never be the same after this.”

“He’s going to experience something a lot worse than losing Paige,” Peter confidently says, “this is just a test, a test he’ll bounce back from.”

“You’re making it sound like he’s not going to bounce back from whatever you’re talking about.” I point out.

“He might not.” He vaguely replies before getting up, “but you’ll be by his side, no matter what. That’s all that matters…”


**

After I drop Isabelle at the house I head to the hospital. The weather outside is horrible. Strong winds and blinding rain make the trip to the hospital extremely dangerous. But it doesn’t matter, I have to get there to see if Derek is there. I’m just hoping Scott finds him first.

I walk into the hospital and my aunt comes rushing over to me, “Stacy what’s wrong?” She asks, frantically. You’ve been bleeding.” She says, touching my matted hair.

“I’m fine, trust me.” I assure her, forcing a smile onto my lips. “I’m here to see Cora.”

“You’re gonna have to make it fast, we’re evacuating shortly.” Melissa tells me, “the storm is getting bad.”

“I can tell.” I sigh, “I shouldn’t be long.”

“Just get home before the storm gets any worse.” She orders, “I just got you back, I’d hate to lose you again.” I just nod my head before heading towards Cora’s room…

**
An hour or so later, Peter walks towards the cellar with Talia. She looks at me, smiling before disappearing downstairs. By this time, Derek took Paige’s life; he’s been crying since. For whatever reason, I couldn’t bring myself to walk down there and comfort him. I’ve never been good at the comforting thing and now I wouldn’t even know what to say. How can you console someone about the death of a loved one when they’re the reason why they’re dead?

“Why am I even surprised you’re still here?” Peter asks, standing in front of me. “You could have gone home, you know?”

“I had to be here for him,” I sigh, “even if he doesn’t know I’m here.”

“He knows you’re here.” Peter informs me, “he is a werewolf after all. He knows your scent better than most.”

“I feel useless.” I admit to him, “I can’t do anything. I’m only human whereas you guys are fucking legends; stuff nightmares are made of. How can I compete with that?”

“You’re more than just human.” He tells me, “your dad and Talia would kill me if you find out before your time. But you’re important; just remember that.”

Before I can reply to him, Talia walks up from the cellar. She looks at me and smiles, “he’s asking for you.”

I simply nod before heading down to see Derek.


**

“Playing concerned uncle, I see.” I note, walking into Cora’s room to see Peter by her bedside.

“She is family.” He points out.

“You killed your other niece and nearly killed your nephew,” I note, “I didn’t think you actually care about them anymore.”

“What are you doing here?” He asks, “you just missed Derek.”

“It’s a good thing I’m not here to see him then.” I humorlessly chuckle as I look at the girl sleeping in the bed. “I remember whenever Cora was sick, Derek and I would stay home from school and watch Disney movies with her.”

“You’re not here to see Cora, are you?” He asks.

“You caught me, I’m here looking for you.” I admit, “we need to have a seriously talk about The Guardians…”

“Now why would we have that conversation?” He asks, a smirk on his lips.

“You were once upon a time my dad’s best friend, he looked at you like I brother, “I begin, “so you know more about The Guardian legends than I do.”

“You need my help, don’t you?” He chuckles, “I thought you didn’t trust me.”

I sigh, “you killed my best friend’s sister, you tried killing my best friend and you turned my cousin into a fucking werewolf; I shouldn’t trust you.” I walk closer to him with each reason, finally getting in his face. “But you’re also the only person -that’s alive- that knows the legends. My dad trusted you with them, now you’re going to share them with me.”

Before he could reply, Melissa walks into the room; talking about something as she looks at the medical chart. When she looks up and sees Peter, she nearly drops the chart. “Y-you’re suppose to be dead.”

“I get that a lot.” He mutters. Soon afterwards, Cora jolts up; quickly leaning over the bed; puking up black fluid along with tiny white objects.

To get a closer look, I lean down and pick one of the white berry looking things up. My heart stops when I recognize it. I look up at Peter with a horrified look; “it’s mistletoe.” Just as I say that, Peter’s phone goes off. By the look on his face, I can tell it’s Derek…
♠ ♠ ♠
Stacy and Peter's relationship is going to have a big plan in my idea that may or may not end this fanfic and spring a sequel. But Peter is going to be a big part of the idea and plan; he's going to do what he's good at, being shady.

comment&subscribe?

I'll try and work on another chapter after tonight's episode.