‹ Prequel: Child of Wolf
Sequel: The Guardians
Status: First Teen Wolf Fanfiction! Hopefully it doesn't suck!!!!

The Guardians

Built to Fall

A groan escapes my lips as the sunlight shines on my eyes. In an attempt to block out the sun, I roll over on my side; that’s when the events from last night crashes over me like a tidal wave. From getting locked in the hospital with the Alpha pack straight to Deucalion biting me. My eyes quickly open and I see that I’m in my rooms, wearing only my bra and jeans from last night.

I get out of bed and head straight to the bathroom. I walk over to the mirror and see the bite mark Kali left me; oozing black blood. Tears form in my eyes as walk over and sit on the edge of the tub; everything happened last night. Part of me was kind of hoping it was just a nightmare; but this bite mark makes everything real.

“You really are an idiot aren’t you?” I hear a voice say in the doorway. I look up and see my aunt Gwen standing here; arms crossed across her chest. “I woke up early this morning with Peter banging on the door with you bleeding to death and crying out in pain. You were stupid to let Deucalion bite you.”

“Sorry that I wanted to give Derek the motivation to beat the Alphas.” I mutter as I look away from her.

“He doesn’t know what you did, does he?” She asks, “or about what happens when a Guardian gets bitten?”

“No, he doesn’t know and neither does Scott.” I reply, “they wouldn’t have allowed it to happen if they knew.”

“They’re werewolves, Stacy, not the Avengers,” she points out, “they don’t need a death to motivate them to fight.”

“Plus with me out of the way, they don’t have to worry about one more person getting hurt at the Lunar Eclipse.”

“Their judgment is going to be cloudier than ever because of this,” she counters, “especially Derek. Believe it or not, he does love you. You’re the closest thing to a family he has and he’s going to lose you and possibly his sister at the same time.”

“Thank you for making me feel even more guilty than I already do!” I exclaim as I get onto my feet.

“It’s my job to remind you of the careless thing you’ve done!” She yells, “you’re a Guardian, so do your job!”

“I thought I was doing my job!” I yell back, “I’m perfectly aware I’m not Guardian of the fucking year! Under my watch, Derek nearly dies, Boyd does die and Cora gets put in a fucking coma. I don’t need you to remind me I’m shit at being a Guardian.”
A sigh escapes her lips as she walks over to me, trying to pull me into a hug. I just back away and sigh, “don’t touch me. And you know what, get out of my house. Family is suppose to be there for you, but you’re not. You’re making me feel like utter shit.”

“You’re really kicking me out of your dad’s house?” She scoffs.

“My dad’s dead, so this is my house,” I remind her, “and you’re right, I’m kicking you out. Your daughter is more than welcome to stay here but I expect you to be gone by the time I get back.”

“Where you going?” She asks me

“I’m going to talk to Peter then tell Derek about what happened.” I replied.

“Getting yourself involved with Peter isn’t going to end well, trust me.”

“Well it’s a good thing I’m not sleeping with him, he just helping me with something.” I inform her.

“And you’re going to put yourself in debt to Peter Hale? That’s almost as bad as sleeping with him.”

“Start packing.” I simply tell her before pushing her out of my bathroom so I can take a shower before heading over to the loft…

**

Just as I get up to the loft, I can hear Isaac yelling at Derek; but no sound of the Alphas screams sound out. Before I know it, Isaac is storming past me in a hurry. A sigh escapes my lips as I walk into the loft, gaining the attention of Peter; Derek doesn’t look up from his baby sister’s body.

“How you feeling?” Peter quietly asks as he walks over to me.

“How do you think I’m feeling?” I reply; my eyes never leaving Derek. Tears form in my eyes as the pain in my shoulder starts to pulsate. I bite down on my lower lip in an attempt to stop a cry of pain from escaping.

“I see the pain is setting in.” Peter muses, causing me to turn towards him.

“How am I suppose to tell him?” I simply ask, “he could be losing his sister for real this time. How am I suppose to add more shit on top of that? How could I have been so fucking stupid?”

At the time, killing myself seemed right, but aunt Gwen is right; it’s stupid. I’m ruining lives by being the worlds most worthless Guardian.

“You know I can hear you right?” Derek asks, not bothering to look up at me. “I may be out of it but my hearing is still intact.”

“Derek, we need to talk,” I sigh, “can you break away from Cora for a few minutes?” He nods his head before getting up and walking towards me. I shoot him a weak smile before grabbing his hand and guiding him towards the stairs; ascending once we get there.

“So what do you need to talk about?” He asks as he leans up against a wall, crossing his arms over his chest.

“I did something stupid at the hospital last night,” I sigh.

“How stupid?” he asks, “on the scale of 1 to 10?”

“Invading Russia in winter.” I reply, “I told Deucalion to turn me in exchange for you and Scott.”

“You did WHAT!?” He roars; his eyes glowing red.

“Don’t worry, he’s not going to kill me.” I tell him, “because I’m already dying.”

His eyes go back to his normal hazel and his looks soften, “y-you’re dying?”

“When a Guardian finishes their training, we get injected with a mixture of wolfsbane and mountain ash which makes it almost impossible for us to be turned into werewolves,” I explain to him; shoving my hands in my short pockets. “But that comes with a price. We may not turn into wolves but instead, we die.”

“What were you thinking?” He asks, coldly.

“I knew I wasn’t going to accept Kali’s terms. I wasn’t going to drop you and become Deucalion’s guardian,” I start to explain to him, “and I knew she would have had you, Scott and the pack killed. I couldn’t let that happen. So I made a bargain I knew I couldn’t keep. Deucalion doesn’t know I’m not going to become a werewolf; he still expects you and Scott on his side. I figured that could be an advantage!”

“You thought sacrificing yourself would give us an advantage? “ Derek’s voice doesn’t raising but stays a sudden calm.

“I wasn’t thinking ahead,” I admit, “and I’m aware of how stupid it was now. But I gave you one less thing to worry about.”

“I don’t eve know what to say to that.” He admits. “Stacy, I love you but sometimes you’re not the brightest. This has to be the stupidest thing you’ve done.”

“This is coming from Alpha of the fucking year, right?” I snap. “I’m aware I fucked up, but I did it with the best intentions, can’t you see that Derek? I thought this would give you the right motivation to beat the Alphas and the Darach.”

“But you don’t realize what you’re taking away from me, do you?” He asks quietly before heading back downstairs. Tears flow from my eyes as I lean up against the brick wall; I screwed up. Now I can only hope that Peter does know how to do the resurrection spell...
♠ ♠ ♠
Stacy

comment&subscribe? A couple more chapters til the end. Think Stacy can make this up to the pack or will she die trying to?