‹ Prequel: Child of Wolf
Sequel: The Guardians
Status: First Teen Wolf Fanfiction! Hopefully it doesn't suck!!!!

The Guardians

Youth Knows No Pain

“Still not talking to you?” A hear Peter ask before he sits down on the couch with me. It’s been roughly an hour since I told Derek what I’ve done and he hasn’t talked to me since. He doesn’t even notice my existence either. It’s like I’m already dead; a ghost.

“Can you honestly blame him?” I question, my eyes not moving from my best friend as he takes the pain away from his dying sister.

“He doesn’t realize you were doing what you thought was right.”

“Peter, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.” I mutter before looking at the eldest Hale, “I royally fucked up here. I should be fighting along side of him; not dying on the sidelines. I didn’t think something through, like I always do, and now I’m paying the price.”

“It’s not like you’d be dead for long,” he shrugs.

My eyes light up and a smile appears on my lips, “you found the ritual?” He nods in head in reply, then something in my heart told me this is a bad idea. “What’s the cost?”

“What makes you think there’s going to be a cost?” A fake, hurt expression washes over his face.

“Because this is you we’re talking about,” I reply, “you never do anything that doesn’t benefit you. You’re the master of manipulation and deceit. You killed your own niece to get the Alpha power. You’re not afraid to use people to get what you want; even if that person is a family member or the daughter of your best friend.”

“I’ll collect my payment, later.” He replies, “that way you can be assured I’ll do the ritual right. Because hey, I can’t collect my favor if you’re six feet under and rotting.”

“Why does it feel like I’m selling my soul to the devil?” I ask. Peter just chuckles and walks away, just as there is a knock on the door.

As Peter gets up to answer the door, my attention returns to Derek, “you know you can’t ignore me forever, right?”

“It won’t be forever, remember you’re dying?” His words sting but I’m too proud to verbally admit that.

“Derek, I was thinking I was doing the right thing. I had good intentions.”

He turns around and looks at me, “you said it yourself; the road to hell is paved with good intentions.”

“How much did you hear of the conversation?” I ask. But before he replies to me, Peter walks in with Lydia right behind him. “Hey Lydia, what brings you here?”

“Lydia here is wondering if we know where the nemeton is,” Peter replies for her, “otherwise known as the root cellar.”

“Do any of you know where it is?”

“Talia, my older sister, took all of our memories of the place in case we tried to find it again.” Peter replies, causing me to feel a tad bit guilty.

“She may of taken your memories of the place but she kept mine in tact.” I reply, causing everyone’s eyes to focus on me. “She said I was suppose to protect you guys from the memories. You may know what happened there but she never wanted you guys to return, especially Derek.

“Remember the month after the accident, how both of you tried to find the place again and I kept getting scared and wanting to go home?”

“I always thought that was weird,” Derek notes, “you’ve never been afraid of the woods before.”

“I was turning you guys away from the root cellar, Talia was preparing me for my future I guess.”

“You can show us where it is, right?” Lydia asks, hope soaking her words.

“Easily.”

“Great because Deanton was going to wake it up by using Allison, Scott and Stiles as fake sacrifices.”

“WHAT!?” I yell, jumping up from where I’m sitting; ignoring the pain that’s rushing through my body. “He of all people should know how dangerous that is.”

“He said if we don’t find it soon, the Darach will kill the Guardians she took.”

“Let me quick go home and change and I’ll meet you and Deaton’s,” I tell her, “we’re going to find the root cellar and we’re going to save those Guardians. My cousin will not be a fake sacrifice.” With that I walk out with her, wincing in pain as I fall a few steps behind her….

Derek

“She hides the pain so well, don’t you think?” Peter asks as we watch Stacy walk out with Lydia.

“She’s always been a good actress,” I note before returning my attention to Cora.

“She really thought she was doing the right thing, Derek.”

“Since when are you up to defend Stacy’s actions?” I question him.

“She’s not just your best friend, she’s the daughter of the man I considered mine,” he replies, “I’m her godfather for Christ’s sake.”

“Then why aren’t you out protecting her?” I snap at him.

“Because that’s always been your job…”

“Looks like Stacy and I have something in common, we both suck at protecting people….”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm thinking probably two more chapters before the end...