‹ Prequel: Child of Wolf
Sequel: The Guardians
Status: First Teen Wolf Fanfiction! Hopefully it doesn't suck!!!!

The Guardians

One with the Bond

“What do you think’s going to happen?” Allison asks me as we pack my care with weapons just incase we need them.

“Do you want my hopeful idea or my dark, cynical idea?” I ask, “because they’re both on different places on the spectrum of concern.

“Let’s do cynical first.” She suggests as I slam the trunk close and turn to look at her.

“I think there is going to be a bloodbath tonight.” I truthfully admit, “as much as Derek believes Deucalion will come alone, it’s not going to happen. The rest of the pack will be there.”

“And is your happy, hopeful thought be something along the lines of everything going smoothly?” She asks, earning a nod from me. “It’s a small chance in hell it’s going to be a night without bloodshed, huh?”

‘I’ve been around werewolves since I was born,” I begin to say, “I know how they are. More importantly, I know how Derek is. It’s not going to be an easy blood free night.”

By the time Allison and I get to the meeting point, I can hear the fighting taking place inside, “come on!” I exclaim as I grab her wrist and take off running towards the sound of werewolves fighting. Once there, I could see the twins going after Scott and Isaac, Kali taking on Cora and as for the others, it’s hard to tell. It’s all a blur. Both sides gracefully fighting each other. This could be the most beautiful yet violently terrifying thing I’ve ever seen.

“Come on!” Allison harshly whispers, as she takes out of bow.

Swallowing the lump in my throat, I take my crossbow and look at Allison, “fire at will.” I tell her before the both of us begin firing off arrows; causing the fight to become even more chaotic. Scott looks up and sees both of us before quickly returning to the fight. Instead of following Scott, my eyes fall right upon Derek who’s taking on Ennis. Both are strong and both know how to fight well; both are also getting too close to the edge of the floor for my liking. With a blink of an eye, Scott tears Ennis’ Achilles tendons; both Ennis and Derek fall off the edge after struggling. Everything from what point happens in slow motion. Voices sound faint and I can feel myself lunging towards, reading to jump from the perch I was in. I feel Allison pulling me back with all her might. Hearing the bodies crash, I can feel my heart stop; everything stopped.

Allison pushes me to the car and pushes me into the passenger seat and we begin our journey back to my place in utter silence. No tears are forming in my eyes but my body is still consumed with sadness and grief. Derek’s gone.

**

Allison goes off to follow Scott to his track meet to make sure he’s ok. I remain in my house in sweat pants and a bottle of wine. Guilt and grief overcome my spirit. I have know idea how this Guardian bound is suppose to be like, but I’m sure if I’m feeling uncharacteristically sad; something isn’t right.

As I’m slipping further into a state of depression and drunkenness, there is a knock on my door. A growl escapes my lips as I head of my closet to grab my baseball bat to scare whoever is knocking on my door away. I open it up and prepare to swing then I see Peter standing there. For the fun of it -and revenge for turning Scott- I swing anyway; breaking his nose.

“Do you even play baseball?” He asks, clutching his nose. I roll my eyes and invite him in; forcing him to sit on my couch.

“Move your hands so I can set your nose properly.” I mutter before manually moving his hand and setting his nose; earning a growl and blue glowing eyes staring at me.

“You’re bitchier than usual.” He notes as I go in and get a wash cloth to clean up the blood. “What has your panties in a twist?”

“What are you doing here, Peter?” I ask, handing him the cold wash cloth.

“I was going to ask you the same thing.” He counters, “I thought you’d be out looking for Derek.”

“What do you mean?” I ask, “I saw and heard Derek fall and crash; there is no way he could have came back from that.”

“Cora and I went there and both bodies were gone.” Peter informs me.

“You mean they picked themselves up?” I ask, “how could either of them walk away from that?”

“Cora and I followed them to Deaton’s, Ennis didn’t make it.” Peter inform me, “Kali was pissed.”

“She’ll be after Derek, if he’s alive.”

“If?” He questions, “what happened to the annoyingly optimistic girl I used to know?”

“That was six years ago, Peter.” I remind him, “I lost everything six years ago. I’ve got no optimism left. Part of me feels like he’s alive, but another part -a stronger part- tells me it’s hopeless; he’s dying.”

“That’s your bond talking, you know that right?”

“I don’t remember my dad feeling like half his world is collapsing.” I mutter before plopping down on the couch, next to Peter. “Part of me regrets this whole Guardian thing. It makes me feel even guiltier and worried about whatever has happened to Derek. It’s my fault. I should have been fighting side by side with the pack.”

“He wouldn’t have let you.” He points out, “my nephew may have put kids into battle, but he would never put you in there. For whatever reason, he cares about you.”

“He has a funny way of showing it.”

“He’ll always care about you; that’s why he was fighting you fang and claw about becoming his guardian.” Peter chuckles at his own lame joke. “He knew what you were back then and even back then he didn’t want you part of the guardian world.”

“Why though?” I ask, “I’m going to be in danger no matter what. A normal girl isn’t going to remain safe when her best friend is a fucking werewolf.”

“He’s an idiot sometimes.” He points out, “an idiot that loves you. And you love him; that’s why you came back. You didn’t come back for Scott; you came back for Derek.” I remain quiet; knowing there is some truth in his words. “I’m going to go. Cora and I are going to start looking for Derek.” Peter informs me as he gets up from that couch. I want you to get your tattooed butt up off the couch and start becoming one with your bond.

“My butt isn’t tattooed.” I correct him with a smirk, “just my stomach, side and wrist.” He just rolls his eyes. “And how is “becoming one with my bond” going to help me find Derek?”

“Because you’ll be able to sense him and see what he sees.” He informs me, “your father told me that.” With that, he walks out of my house, closing the door behind him. I remain seated on my couch; alone with my thoughts.

**

Drinking a few more glasses of wine, I lay on my couch and close my eyes. As soon as I do that, a scene is flashing on the back of my eyelids. I see Derek being carried into his loft by an unknown woman; unknown to me. I see his wounds that are bleeding black blood. I can feel the pain in my torso that match where his wounds are. The pain is so bad that I’m brought back from the scene. I quickly sit up on my couch, my body is sore and when I look down, black blood is staining my clothing. My heart starts racing as I go upstairs and quickly get changed. I shove my feet into boots and I’m out the door; racing off to Derek’s loft.

I get there and impatiently press the button for the elevator. Once I’m on there, my limbs can’t stay still. As soon as I get to his floor, I open up the door and see him getting up off his bed. He’s alone. I run over to him and stand in front of him; looking up at him. Without notice, I slap him. His eyes don’t turn red, but he looks taken back. As tears form in my eyes I wrap my arms around his torso; crying into his naked chest.

“Don’t you ever do this to me again!” I cry, “don’t ever make me believe your dead.” He doesn’t say anything but wraps his arms around me, squeezing me. I push him away, wiping tears from my eyes.

“How did you know where I was?” He asks, “no one knows I’m here.”

“Unlike anyone else, I’m bound to you.” I reply, “your uncle gave me advice. He told me to become one with the bond. I did and now you owe me a new tank top and sweat pants because I bled black blood all over them.” He just chuckles. “Who was the girl?” I ask.

“Someone I thought I could trust.” He replies, “the rest of you thought I was dead, so I went to her.” There is a tinge of jealousy sparking inside of me as my heart breaks a bit.

“I hope you know what you’re doing, Derek.” I state, “because the last girl that you trusted ended up being a psychotic bitch. And please next time your dying, come to me.” I kiss his cheek before backing up. “Also call people to let them know you’re alive, you may never know what going in their minds.” With that I turn around and walk away…
♠ ♠ ♠
Stacy;home
Stacy;loft

honestly, I have no idea how good this chapter is seeing as though I've been drinking. Don't drink and write, kids. Hopefully this doesn't suck.