Status: Working hard on two other fics, having writers block on this one

The Lost Kingdom

Prologue

"Cas?" Deans stern voice echoed in the chamber. He looked around for his angel, afraid he had lost him. Panic had sunken deep into his body, although Dean would never admit that. He loved Cas more than anything, not knowing where he was made everything worse then it needed to be.

"Dean." Cas' emotionless voice came from behind Dean, causing him to jump a little and sigh in relief.

"Dammit Cas, what have I told you about popping up out of nowhere?" Cas squinted and looked down.

"Oh, sorry." He looked back up. Deans face looked strong as he held that same facial expression almost everyday for long periods at a time.

"Where are we?" Dean threw his hands up in the air, more relaxed now that he had Cas with him. He examined the room that seemed to be a bedroom you were able to eat in. The colors red and gold were screaming from the bed. Dean smiled, rubbing his hands together while eyeing the food scattered on the table. Cas stayed where he was, only moving to look around at the items in the room.

Dean made his way over to the table. "MERLIN!" A strangers voice yelled from just outside the door, causing Dean and Cas to stop and watch the door. Cas was next to Dean within the blink of an eye, holding loosely onto his secret lovers elbow.

A tall, blonde man walked, at first not noticing them. When he finally did, confusion twisted his face up. "Who the hell are you?" Dean and the blonde man were eyeing each other, ready to attack when needed. Another man walked in, doing the same, not noticing anyone until he saw the other man had stopped and was currently looking at something.

"Oh," The new man was shorter, he had shaggy brunette hair and was dressed in something a servant would wear, raggedy clothing that looked pretty old. "Hello." His eyebrows met, showing more confusion then the blonde. "Who might you two be?"

"More like what the hell are they doing in the kings bedroom." The blonde one was obviously much meaner the the brunette, who wasn't even allowing them a chance to speak. Dean, and Cas, noticed they had thick English accents and they figured they had to be somewhere in Britain.

Dean held this hands up in surrender, smiling a little. "Alright, alright. Look-"

"No, you look!" The blonde interrupted. "You need to get the hell out of here and put back whatever you stole before I call the guards on you!" The blonde looked furious, whereas the brunette looked as if he was tired of hearing the man yell.

"Arthur, please." The brunette put his hands on, who he called, Arthur's shoulders. He looked at Cas and Dean. "Have you two stolen anything?" He asked nicely, trying to keep a fight from happening.

"No, we haven't. Sorry but we just popped in here after driving down the highway to pick up my brother and his brother," He pointed his thumb at the man in the trench coat, letting go of Deans elbow at that time. "We saw a bright light and then we were here."

Arthur wouldn't take the story, but Merlin did having read about a situation like this somewhere before. Merlin pushed Arthurs hands down and sat him into one of the chairs at the table. He went and stood in front of Dean.

"Well, hello." He stuck out his hand, "I'm Merlin, and thats Arthur. He's very stubborn sometimes." A large smile was strung up across his face as Dean took his hand and shook it.

"I'm Dean, this is Cas." Cas moved closer to Merlin, squinting at him.

"You're magic." Cas said bluntly. Dean looked at Cas in bewilderment.

"Are you trying to tell me he's a witch? I don't have my baby and she has everything in her trunk." In Merlins head a 'baby' was a female, he was trying to figure out why she had 'everything' in her bottom.

Cas held his arm out across Deans chest. "Yes but no." Cas still squinting.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Dean dropped his hands, looking at Cas as if he was stupid.

"He's not a witch but a Warlock. He's not evil but nice." Merlins eyes had stayed wider then what was necessary, seeing as this stranger just described him perfectly without knowing who he was.

"How did you know that?" Arthur sat up straight in his chair, everyone looked at him. His eyebrows were stitched together in a mix of anger and confusion seeing as no one in the kingdom knew of Merlins magic besides Gaius, Gwen, the knights, and himself, not wanting the entire kingdom to freak out over how little Arthur cared about him being magic.

Cas looked at Dean with approval before continuing. "I am Castiel, an angel of the lord." Cas dropped the hand he had held up against Deans chest. Dean rolled his eyes at the unnecessary introduction he made whenever someone asked about him.

"He's an angel, no one knows except for my brother and myself and some family." Dean paused. "And now apparently you two."

There was a long awkward silence before Arthur laughed. "That can't be true! Angels don't exist!" Cas gave him the most human looking evil eye Dean had seen him do.

"If he can know magic why can't I be an angel?" Dean noticed Cas was recently picking up on some of the sarcasm he'd used a lot with him, but he was still slow with learning how to do it, but sometimes he had moments like this where it was perfect and Dean tried hard not to smile.

Merlin made a line with his mouth, realizing how possible it was for the man in front of him to be an angel what with everything he's seen in his years in Camelot. He turned around to look at Arthur and they shared an almost telepathic response saying that he could be telling the truth.

Merlin turned back to the angel. "How can we be one hundred percent sure you ARE an angel?"

Dean rolled his eyes and shared a look with Cas, Dean was almost exhausted with how many times Cas had to prove himself. Dean then moved his eyes back to Merlin, giving him the same exhausted look.

Cas tried to hide the smile he got, loving being able to show his wings that he always had to keep tucked up against his back like tattoos. Cas' eyes glowed white as all the window shutters in the room slammed shut, leaving only the lighting of candles from the table Arthur was next to.

Merlin opened his mouth, ready to say how that could've easily been magic, having met many magic persons in his life. But before he could speak, a ripping sound filled the air and Cas bent forward a bit, his body shaking a little as the wings struggled to get back into their natural form. Cas disguised them as real tattoos so he wouldn't have to keep them invisible and have the constant fear of hitting someone with them, especially with their size.

Arthur and Merlin didn't blink as they watched two large black wings emerge from the mans back, a few feathers falling out and dropping in Deans hands. They were big enough to where he could stretch them out and not hit anything.

Like most people who haven't moved their neck in awhile, he stretched them open as far and they could go, half smiling as he heard pops coming from random places. Merlin and Arthur stared wide eyed.

"Oh..." Merlin barely got out of his mouth. "Okay..." Cas smiled like a little kid, keeping his lips together. Dean rolled his eyes and stuck the feathers that fell out into his pocket, not knowing where else he could've put them. Merlin moved closer to Cas, examining every little detail on the mans face. You would think he was in his late twenties until you got closer and actually saw every detail on his obviously aged face. "Wow..." Merlin walked around Cas slowly, Cas not knowing what he was doing until Merlin ran his hand against his left wing.

Cas flinched and appeared on the other side of Dean, almost hiding behind him, accidentally hitting his wing on the tall bed frame. Merlin blushed and Cas pulled his wings back in and re-opened the shutters.

"Sorry, mate. I just wanted to see how they felt. I've felt dragon skin and troll skin but never angel feathers.

Cas came out of hiding a little, clutching the hem of Deans shirt. Cas always gave subtle hints at how much he wanted him, but Dean just pushed them away figuring it was because they had a 'profound bond' as Cas would always say.

Arthur finally stood up and made his way over to Dean who was at least three inches taller then him. Cas and Merlin still eyeing each other. Arthur held out a hand.

"Arthur." He said, finally giving up on being angry with them. Dean grabbed his hand and shook back.

"Dean." They already knew each others names, but it was always polite to introduce yourself.

"I'm... sorry about my outburst earlier." He struggled saying, obviously not much of the apologizing type, much like Dean. "Would you like to join us for lunch?" He motioned to the table of food that was apparently their lunch. Dean shrugged and took a seat that had him facing the door. Cas took the seat next to him as Arthur and Merlin sat across from the two for easier way of contact.

"Sorry there isn't much food." Merlin apologized with a large smile etched onto his face. "We weren't expecting anyone." Dean filled his plate with food, having been starving ever since they hit the road. Arthur chewed slowly on an apple and Merlin did much of what Dean did.

"Why aren't you eating?" Arthur asked, eyeing Castiel with concern.

Cas kept his hands folded in his lap whenever Dean ate. "I am an angel, angels do not require food." He looked at Arthur. "You should eat more though. I can sense you are hungry." Arthur coughed a bit and tried not to cough up his apple.

"I'd rather like to talk with you two, ask a few questions to be specific." Arthur eyed Dean who was shoving his face full of food much like the man next to him. He sighed and looked back at Cas who hadn't taken his eyes off of the king. "Where are you from, people here don't where strange clothing like that."

Cas' eyes didn't fail to squint, but Dean interrupted with his mouth full. "Two thousand thirteen." Arthur looked disgusted with Dean's rude answer.

"What's two thousand thirteen?" Merlin asked, his mouth also being full, Arthur rolled his eyes and closed them, calming himself down.

"It is the year of our time." Cas answered looking at Merlin who cocked his head in confusion.

"What in the bloody hell is a year?" Dean choked and swallowed hard. Cas looked at him in concern.

"Its how we count time."

"Like days?"

Dean shrugged, "Try three hundred and sixty five days." Merlins eyes widened.

"Is that how many days are in a year?" He asked, astonished. Dean smiled.

"Yeah, years are counted in months, months are counted in days."

"What in the world is a month?!" Arthur had stopped eating now, wanting to learn more about the future time.

"It's how we count the year." Cas said emotionlessly. "Each month has a number starting with one and going to twelve. Each month has either thirty or thirty-one days in it." Arthur had his hands holding his head up.

"Fascinating how much has changed..." Cas and Arthur stared at each other, wanting to learn more from the other.

But Merlin interrupted. "So, who's your baby?" Dean looked up from his plate with a smile on his plate.

"She's the best car I've had." Merlin looked at him with confusion.

"Well... I've heard many names for a women but car wasn't one of them." Dean laughed.

"No, she isn't a women, a car is a machine, something you'll probably never see."

"Machine?"

"Something... made from electricity." Dean and Merlin were the only one chatting now.

"Electricity?" Dean opened his mouth but then closed it again, realizing how difficult it would be to explain the future to the men.

So he settled with a smile. "You'll learn soon enough." Merlin took it and finished his plate, Dean sat back having eaten to much.

"So, from what I'm getting. You have no idea how the hell you got here?" Arthur broke the long lasting silence.

"No idea. Not even Cas here could find out and he's an angel." The angel nodded slightly to show he really didn't know.

Merlin had an idea growing in his head but he decided to keep it stored away for later usage. "Well, we could get you a room here." Merlin pipped up.

Dean laughed. "No thanks, I would rather not like to live in a cottage." Merlin half smiled.

"I meant in the castle."

"I'm not sure your friend here really wants that." Arthur smiled a little, not admitting how much he could careless and Merlin laughed.

"Oh we don't need his permission, I'm the king too." Dean looked at him, the ending of the sentence sticking in his mind.

"...Too?" He asked, wondering if he was getting the right idea of what was going on.

"Yeah...?" Merlin dragged it out, smile not fading. "Arthur's my husband. I was crowned the second king before we had gotten married though." Dean relaxed a bit, realizing he'd run into many gay people in his life, but they were all from his time. One of his closest friends was a lesbian and she LARPed kingdoms like this one, but he didn't expect for them to actually have gay couples.

Obviously he was wrong. "Well Cas, looks like your brother would be able to get married here." He laughed knowing Gabriel was one of the gayest men he knew, seeing as he never tried to hide the fact that he hit on Sam all the time and all Sam did was ignore it.

Cas looked at Dean, despair in his eyes. He was desperate to have Dean as his own, knowing Gabriel was happily with someone, Dean just didn't know it. But Cas knew the dangers of a man and an angel being together and despite his brother doing it, he was to scared to. Dean locked eyes with Cas, knowing that he had something to say but not sure what it was.

Merlin smiled stupidly knowing the 'look' they were having due to having Arthur give it to him for many years before he confessed his attraction to him.

The only thing that broke the gaze was the door creaking open, a tall man in a suit peaked in. "Oh hello!" He sounded happily, stepping into the room. Arthur turned around to face Merlin with a look that showed how annoyed he was getting with all these random people popping into his room.

Dean and Cas just looked at the man, noticing a chubby red head walk in behind him. "Oh!" She looked at the tall man, "You said we'd go to another planet, these look like more people." She spoke quietly to the man.

A wide grin spread across his face. "Yes, well. The TARDIS brought us here for some reason." He spoke more to the four men at the table now. "Are any of you in trouble?" His eyebrows moved together looking around.

Merlin jumped up. "Doctor!" The mans smile grew wider as he recognized Merlin.

"Merlin! I haven't seen you in awhile, were you the one calling me?" Merlin shook his head, excited to see his old friend who he hasn't seen in quite a few years, Merlin had almost forgotten who he was.

Dean and Cas swapped looks, everyone having some strange English accent except the redhead who sounded more Scottish. Cas looked at the man, having seen him somewhere.

"Hello everyone!" He spoke gleefully. "I am the Doctor, and this is my companion Donna!" He motioned for the redhead who waved a little.

"Oi, how long are we staying here?" Yes, she was obviously Scottish now.

"Oh I don't know." The Doctor moved up and down on his toes happily, "Until we find out why the TARDIS has brought us here I suppose." He smiled down at her.

Dean rubbed his eyes being tired of meeting new people, him being the very anti-social type. Cas rubbed Deans knee a little from under the table, again trying to show how much he cared for him, Dean still not getting the message.

Merlin looked at Arthur, fear etching his face. "What is it Merlin?"

"Whenever the Doctor shows up on accident it means something is bad..." He looked back at the Doctor who didn't even try to deny it. "Something very bad is going to happen, Arthur, and we don't know about it yet."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm in love with how this went, if you like it I'd love to know, I'm not BEGGING for comments but it'd be nice to know. (: