Status: Updates are about every Saturday. Sometimes if I get bored I'll update sooooo have fun. Hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoy writing it!!!

Opposites Attract

Makenzie's POV

After our conversation me and Aiden got along real good. We went on the swings and I felt like a child again. I noticed he didn't smile, well, at all. Every chance I got I would tell a joke or compliment him just to get him to smile. But, of course, it never worked. We got off eventually and started walking back to the motel.
"So, which hotel are you at?" Aiden asks.

"Just the little motel over there" I pointed to the horrible place we were staying at. He asked me why I stayed there considering I wasn't exactly poor. I just shrug it off.

"Listen, my mother and I are staying in room 141. You can come join us for awhile. I-If you want t-to."
He seemed a little unsure, but I gladly accepted.
"Yeah, I would love to meet your mom" that reminded me..."Shoot! My mom! I forgot to tell her where I was. I have to be back tomorrow for school on Monday."

"But it's Thanksgiving break next week. Come on can't you stay? Please?" he looked at me with a pouting face. How could I say no? I have an idea. I quickly dial my mother's number.

"Hello?" my mother answers the phone on the last ring.

"Hi mom, I know it's a lot to ask, but do you think I can go on vacation with a frien-"

"Of course honey. You're old enough. Now I gotta run, I'm really busy. Bye, doll" and with that she hung up. Just as I'm putting back my phone it rings again. It's Kelsey.
"Hey. I went and got a bunch of clothes for the next couple of days. Can you believe we forgot about our break?! Now you and Aiden can catch up, if you know what I mean." I could hear the smile in her voice.

"Whatever. Thanks Kels."

Aiden and I walk to our hotel and soon enough we are on our way to his room. What will his mom think of me? Will she hate me? Oh God, what if she hates me. I won't ever be able to see Aiden. Hear his incredibly adorable voice again.
"Um, Makenzie. You can c-can come in now" Aiden interrupts my thoughts.
"Oh, uh, righty then."
There was a women with dirty blonde hair. She was skinny, but not bad, just slim. I gasp when I see her face. Her eyes seem dull and lifeless. Her face had bruises all over it. Sheesh, Aiden wasn't joking.
"Hello Aiden. I see you made a friend. Hello, I'm Maria, Aiden's mother," she put out her hand and I shook it with a smile. "Well aren't you sweet. Aiden hasn't had a friend in...awhile, I might say."

His mother and I talked while he took a shower. She was so nice, and it was hard to understand why she would stay with a guy like Aiden had described. "I don't know why Aiden's in the shower now. He only goes in there when he's either dirty or has to think. Well, a lot has been going on, so I won't complain." At this point I wasn't sure if she was thinking out loud or talking to me. I just stay quiet, though.

After everyone's ready they invite me to dinner, but I don't know if I should. I could afford for all of us no problem, but they were kind of poor, I don't want them to pay for me.
"Thanks, but I should be getting to my friend. Bye, I'll see you later."
While in the elevator I lean against the wall. One step closer to having him mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeeaaaaahhhhh update :3 I couldn't update this saturday cause I had a project in school. Yeah sorry two my what TWO READERS yes so devastating, my apologies. Excuse my sarcasm... Sorry it's really short but it's really difficult when you can't keep your mind set on something.