Status: Updates are about every Saturday. Sometimes if I get bored I'll update sooooo have fun. Hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoy writing it!!!

Opposites Attract

Aiden's POV

Her lips were so soft and gentle. They tasted like cherries, probably from her lip gloss. I didn't kiss back immediately, but after awhile I leaned in to her lips. She seemed surprised for my bravery, and I was, too. Then it all hit me at once. What was I doing? I can't kiss her! I pull away abruptly and I hear her gasp. "I uh-uh...I gotta go," my feet take me to the door.
"Aiden, no wait!" Makenzie says from behind me. My head is telling me to get the hell out of here, but my heart is telling me otherwise. This was where my job was. Could I really leave early on my first day? I sigh and turn around. By now her friends was back from the restroom and watching everything that was happening. "Aiden, I know I may seem really prissy and like a bitch and all, but please hear me out, ok?" she takes a deep breath. "We should sit down so I can explain."

Jenny looks at me with a questioning look, wondering when my 'break' would be over.
"I'm really sorry Makenzie, but I have to work. We can talk later, I guess. I mean, if you still want to..."
"Of course I do. I'll wait" and with that she just sat there and took a sip of her coffee, politely crossing her legs.
It was kind of awkward. She just waited there, I kid you not, four hours. I just tended to my costumers, and Makenzie came up once again to get another cup of coffee. By one p.m. my shift was over. Her friend had left at around eleven. So now it was just me and her. I felt sick to my stomach. I didn't really want to talk to her, and I didn't know why. All I've been wanting was for her, or at least someone to like me. Why aren't I jumping with happiness and excitement?

We walk out of the coffee shop. Makenzie breaks the silence, "Um, so do you want to walk around". I nod and we start walking. We end up finding a park and sitting on a bench. Nobody was really around, though. "Listen" Makenzie starts ," I know what you probably think of me. One of those...popular girls, if you will." I slightly nod, urging her to continue. What was she trying to tell me?
"Well, the truth is...I hate it. I don't want to be mean to people. I don't want to wear these slutty outfits. I don't wanna have to get up at five in the morning just to get ready everyday!" by now she was sort of yelling, and it scared me. I didn't like yelling, not one bit.

I'm guessing she saw how scared I looked, 'cause her eyes went soft again. "I'm sorry" she mumbles.
"But I want you to know I'm not like that. I'm sick and tired of it so I'm going to stop. It's basically going to leave me alone, other than Kelsey. It all started when I noticed you walking down the hallway that time. You looked so...alone. Believe it or not, but you remind me of when I was younger". My eyes went wide. Makenzie, the one and only, not being surrounded in friends in her own little perfect world. You are nothing like me.
"Well, I know not exactly, but still" Oh, I said that out loud. Oops. "Anyway, I felt bad for you and-"
"No, do not talk to me out of your pity" I interrupt her. She grinned a little.
"You didn't let me finish. I felt bad for you AND I couldn't help but notice how,,,well adorable you are. You changed me just by looking at you. I have problems at home, and nobody really knows about it".
"I-I have problems too. My d-dad he uh..." god, why I am such a nervous wreck? "he abuses me and my mom." Her eyes went wide.
"That's horrible! You know what, no! He won't ever touch you or your mother again. I'll be sure of it."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it so far. I really love writing, even though I'm not that good. And by the way I'm not 18, my thingy says I am, but I'm actually 14 and in the 8th grade. Hopefully I'll get to fix my ratchet writing skills. Yeah well comment!