My Beautiful Blackbird.

Nowhere Is Safe.

I didn't wake until I was above the water, instantly feeling my fingers and toes tingle from the icy water of the Black Lake. I gasped for air as I swam towards the dock, people screaming and cheering for the champions as I did so. I didn't remember anything; the only thing I recalled was Dumbledore telling us we would be a part of the task. Needless to say, I wasn't exactly ecstatic about that idea.
“Juliette!”
Multiple people screamed my name as I climbed onto the dock, coughing up water as my light blue hair fell in wet locks around my face. I felt someone drape a towel over my shoulders and a set of arms instantly wrap around me, hugging me from behind. I knew immediately it was George.
“Blimey, I was worried sick.” He whispered. Ginny, Luna Lovegood, Fred, Hermione and Neville all gathered around us, looking down on us in relief. I placed my hands on George's arm, him still holding me in a tight embrace. I chuckled and turned in his arms.
“I'm fine love. Really.” I said, tucking a lock of his orange hair behind his ear. I studied his expression; he looked scared and relieved.
“I know, but we didn't know what happened to you. We were terrified.”
I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him into a tight hug, instantly being greeted by his dry warmth whereas I was soaked and freezing cold. I watched as Ron and Gabrielle Delacour climbed onto the dock, multiple people already surrounding them. The only person who hadn't returned was Harry.
I stood and ran over to the edge of the dock, my heart pounding as I scanned the water. No, he couldn't be-
“HARRY!”
I looked over to find Harry laying on the dock, coughing up water and shaking madly. His wand was still in hand.
“Attention!” Dumbledore yelled. “Our first place winner is- Mr. Diggory!”
A loud cheering erupted from the other side of the dock, Cedric's peers yelling and holding their 'Support Diggory' shirts in the air.
“And in second place, because not only did he save Mr. Weasley but Miss Delacour and Miss Von Teese as well, Mr. Harry Potter for outstanding moral fiber!”
Multiple cheers erupted all around with a few boos from the Durmstrangs, obviously displeased at Viktor's ranking in third place. Everyone made their way off of the dock and onto the grounds of the castle, multiple people stopping to wait for friends and the champions. I threw an arm around both Fred and George's shoulders as we walked, both of them smiling at this gesture. Harry caught up with us a few moments later.
“Hey, great moral fiber.” The twins said together. I laughed.
“Yeah. Thanks for, you know, saving my life back there.”
“Oh no problem.” Harry said, not really paying attention. Mr. Crouch came up behind him and tapped him on the shoulder, motioning for him to follow. He said goodbye to us and obliged.
“So what time is it?” I questioned.
“About two.” Fred said.
“I was out for that long?”
“Juliette, you were out for almost twenty four hours.” George stated. I sighed.
“Right.”
-----------------
The next day Dumbledore told us that the next task would be in exactly one week. While some were excited, I was actually kind of worried, for I didn't want to be involved in this conquest. It would be the final task, the most important one of all. I couldn't help but get excited at not only this, but our seventeenth birthday was coming up on April 1st. We would be allowed to use magic outside of school.
I was sitting at the Gryffindor table with Ginny and Seamus Finnigan because the twins and Harry, Ron and Hermione were off doing something. I was reading the Prophet, Seamus reading a Potions book and Ginny eating bacon. I nearly spit out my pumpkin juice when I read the headline.
“Bartemius Crouch? Dead?” I gulped. Ginny and Seamus looked up at me.
“What? That's impossible.” Seamus stated. I looked to Ginny, who merely shrugged.
“I haven't seen him around at all.”
I looked down at the headline again, my heart pounding; something wasn't right here. First Harry's name in the Goblet, now this? The death of someone who was right here in the castle with us for months?
I swallowed harshly and took a sip of juice, my heart pounding; this was unbelievable. Someone here in Hogwarts was up to something. Was it Draco? Snape? I couldn't think of any other potential suspects, no one in the castle was suspicious. However, there was one new teacher...
I shook this off immediately, telling myself there was no way it could be Moody. Moody was- Moody, wasn't he? A top-notch Dark wizard catcher and known member of the Order.
I continued reading on, looking at Quidditch match scores and weather forecasts towards the end of the paper. However, no matter how hard I tried to stop, my eyes continued wandering over to that moving picture of Mr. Barty Crouch. I had to fight back fear as the harsh realization came over me once more;

Hogwarts wasn't safe anymore.