Status: Work-In-Progress (Being updated)

One of Us Is the Killer

Chapter 7

For hours the group searched the island. But there was no sign of anyone or anything other than their own things and beings.

"You seem pretty young," Alex said quietly to Tay, putting a stray piece of hair behind her ear, causing the small girl to blush.
"I'm 22. You?"
"25."
The two were sitting on rocks by the beachy part of the island, alone, tired and finally getting to talk after searching for hours.
"What do you do for a living?" She asked.
"I own a construction company," he shrugged. "You?"
Tay looked down at her lap and folded her hands, as Alex realized he shouldn't have asked that question. He took one of her hands, squeezing it tightly.
"Don't be embarrassed. Everyone goes through tough times, I get it."
"It was a tough time," she didn't have the self respect to lift her eyes to meet Alex's. "it's not like I wanted to sell myself. It's not fun, trust me."
Alex ran a hand gently through her hair with one hand and held hers with the other.
"I can only imagine. What if when we get out of here I get you a job at my construction company? As a receptionist, or anything."
Her eyes went directly to his. "R-Really?"
Alex nodded with a smile. "Yeah. Fly you out to MD, you can even stay with me."
Tay smiled wide at Alex. But Alex noticed her eyes started to get watery, and shortly her lip quivered. He brought her into a tight embrace.
"What's wrong? Why are you crying?"
"I-I've never had anybody do something that nice for me in my life..." She choked out. "Thank you."
Alex rocked her back and fourth slowly and rubbed her back. "You're welcome, Tay," he whispered soothingly. "You're welcome."
He kissed her head, but the more Tay cried, the closer to her lips he moved, until they finally met and were pushed together gently. Tay smiled a little as they kissed. This was the happiest she'd been in a long time. Too long.
"Stay with me," Alex whispered. "Please?"

Lights traveled around the back of the house. It was absolutely beautiful. Stone pathways and patios with chairs, tables, barbecues, the whole 9 yards. It was all decorated beautifully and modernly. She loved it. She walked passed this to a fountain. Crystal clear water spewed from the top. The fountain ran into a pool, also crystal clear.
Lights knelt down slowly and carefully to feel the water. It was warm.
The sun was starting to set, and there was nobody else around. So she stripped of her clothes and jumped into the pool. It was a perfect temperature.
She swam around leisurely. Nobody had been anywhere near there. Well, until Oli thought he’d check that area…
He had no idea Lights was there. So when he saw someone in the pool, his heart raced.
“Who’s there!?”
Lights’ head shot up.
‘Oh my God what do I-’
“Lights!? Oh good, it’s only you,” he ran closer to the pool. He discovered her clothes…
“Skinny dipping, hm?”
She nodded with a blush.
“That’s how those Canadian’s do it, eh?”
Lights giggled. “Stereotypical.” She dunked most of her body underwater since Oli was coming closer.
“Is the water nice?”
“Very,” Said Lights. “First time swimming this whole season.”
“And you thought it was a good idea to go swimming naked?” He smirked a little, bending down, picking up her clothes.
“What are you doing? Put my clothes back!”
“Nope…” Oli smirked, tossing her clothes a few feet away.
“Not fair!”
“Lemme feel the water…” He walked back towards the pool and felt the water. “Wow, it is nice.”
“Told you!”
Oli laughed and stood up again. He took his shirt off.
“What are you doing?” Lights laughed a little.
“I’m coming in.”
Lights’ eyes widened. “Did I say that was okay!?”
“No, but you didn’t say I couldn’t either.”
The sunset was beautiful. The sky was a pink/orange color. Both Lights’ and Oli’s favorite.
He left his boxers on and jumped into the pool. Lights smiled and swam away.
“What, embarrassed?” Oli chuckled.
“No. You’re the one who’s still clothed.”
Oli shook his head with a grin, and in a few seconds, his boxers were tossed out of the pool.
“There. Now we have nothing to be ashamed of.”
Oli swam over to Lights, who smiled.
“I guess.”
Oli opened his arms. “Hug me, Lights!” he smirked.
“You’re a freak!” She giggled.
“And you’re beautiful, I’m not complaining.”
Lights smiled at Oli. “You… You think I’m beautiful?”
Oli nodded. “Yeah. The most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen.”
He wrapped his arms around Lights, and she submerged herself from the water enough to hug him back.
It was weird since their bodies were touching. Naked.
Oli hugged her tightly and rested his head on her shoulder. “I like your tattoos.” He looked over her back. “Especially wonder woman.” It was on her back.
“Thanks."
“Your bum is pretty peachy, too,” he smirked.
Lights giggled. “Ugh… Oli.”
“Yeah?”
“You're kinda pressed against my hip…” She whispered.
“Why, you want it pressed somewhere else or something?” He laughed.
Lights cupped Oli’s chin with a grin and giggled. “Just kiss me you British fool.”
So he did. He wrapped his arms around her waist and they kissed. It was a passionate kiss, one that lasted a good few seconds.
“I really like you…” Oli smiled.
Lights kissed him again. “I guess you’re pretty cool, too…”
They stared each other in the eyes before kissing again. Oli’s hands moved up Lights’s chest, and she giggled as he kissed down her neck. Oli pushed her against the stairs in the pool.
“Is this okay?” He nibbled on her collarbones.
“More than okay.”
They spent a while there, needless to say.

Everyone met back in the dining room at night fall. First to sit was Devin, who put his hands in his lap nervously.
"You okay?" Austin asked, walking in next.
"Ugh... Yeah, yeah. Fine. Why?"
"You seem tense..."
"No, no. I'm fine."
Austin eyed Devin oddly, but he sat down.
Everyone else piled in soon after... Except for Oli and Lights...
"What if they're dead!?" Tay worried. She held Alex's hand who squeezed then together in effort to comfort her.
"They're not dead," Kellin rolled his eyes. "They'll be back." 'Or are they...' he wondered.
"We'll just wait," Ben shrugged.
They waited 15 minutes, talking among themselves. Then the two staggered in.
"What took you guys so long?" Vic asked.
Lights giggled. "Nothing."
"Why are you all wet?"
"We went swimming, that's all."
They sat down next to each other in the two seats left.
"So... Did anyone find anything?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 7/?
This chapter was pretty romantic compared to others, but the mystery will pick up again next chapter. I HOPE YOU ALL LIKED IT! :D