Status: Two chapters.

Please, Don't Leave Me.

1/2

Brian felt the nerves in his stomach tie themselves in knots as he walked towards the home of one of his best friends, he had proposed to, Kayla, the love of his life over three months ago and he had yet to tell his closest friend, Matt. He was nervous to even bring it up to the much larger man because whenever Brian had been in a good relationship, Matt seemed to be in a pissy mood. Shaking his head he walks up the front steps, knocking on the door. That wasn't his only worry at this moment, he also had to tell Matt that they had decided to rush the wedding and were planning on having it the next month and he wanted Matt to be his best man.

Hearing someone knock at the door, Matt slowly got up from the couch, he opened the door in nothing, but his shorts. A smile instantly crossed his face when he saw who was at the door, Brian, his best friend and probably the most beautiful man he'd ever seen. "Hey Bri, what's up?" He said, taking a step back and letting Brian walk into the house. He walked over to the couch and sat back down, Brian followed.

Brian let a sigh escape his lips, it was now or never, "I wanted to tell you something about Kayla and I." He ran a hand through his hair, "I proposed to her about three months ago and we decided we don't want to wait forever to get married, so we're having a small wedding in about a month and I want you to be my best man...." He suddenly got nervous when he saw the mix of emotions on Matt's face, would Matt actually turn him down?

Matt sighed, leaning back on the couch, "I don't know, Brian. I mean, I'm glad you asked me, but I thought Kayla hated me or some shit like that..." Brian shook his head, "No, she doesn't, I asked her before I came over here and she said whatever makes me happy..." Matt raised an eyebrow at him, "So, you had to ask her if I could be in your wedding?"

Brian quickly shook his head, "No, I didn't ask because I had to, I asked because I didn't want there to be any drama between the two of you, it's a big day for both of us..." Matt rolled his eyes, "And you're honestly going to let her control all of that?" Brian laughed, shaking his head, "It's a wedding, the bride usually does all of the planning and shit..."

Shaking his head, Matt got up from the couch and looked at Brian, "You really don't think you're rushing all of this?" Brian was surprised by the way Matt was reacting to everything, he got up, "Why would I think that?" Matt suddenly regretted what he said, "You've only known Kayla for a year and you think it's a good idea to just rush into the whole thing? You don't have anything left you want to do before you get married? Have you thought about any of this?"

As much as he wanted to try to hide his feelings, he knew that Matt had a point. Kayla had started out as nothing more than his friend with benefits, nothing more than that. He would never admit that he was wrong, especially to Matt, "I don't need to know her forever just to know that I love her, Matt. If you really can't understand that, than maybe this was a bad idea..." He got up and walked to the door, "If you decide to change your mind, you can still come to the wedding, it's the twenty-second of next month, be there by two, okay?" He walked out, shutting the door behind him.

Matt instantly felt guilty, he looked over at the door, "I just, want you to know I love you..." He said, barely above a whisper before turning the television back on and grabbing a beer from the fridge.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter one of two, the next will skip ahead to the wedding...