Status: Active

I Won't Go Down Easily

Chapter 2

The rest of the day was a blur. After her tearful goodbye to her parents, older brother, and friends, Aria was in rough shape. She told herself she was going to stay strong, but it was much easier said than done. Her name was only in there 5 times, the bare minimum for a 16 year old, yet it was still called. A lot of tributes go into the games confident they'll be returning home, but Aria was different.

She didn't really have any extraordinary talents, she wasn't really strong, or a fast runner. She was good at making fish nets and average with knives since she cleaned the fish a lot back home. And that was it. Aria wasn't being pessimistic, she was being honest with herself.

The whole situation became a lot more real when she was escorted, along with Seth, by Ezra onto the train that would lead them to the Capital. The train itself was extravagant. The dining car alone was nicer than half of the homes in District 4 put together. Even the mere mention of her home, which they were now leaving behind, made her eyes prickle.

After taking a seat at the dining table which had lunch laid out, a man entered the train car who Aria recognized as their mentor, Nash Overstreet. He won the 66th Hunger Games when he was only fourteen.

Nash had reddish curly hair, grey-green eyes and a sullen look on his face as he joined the two tributes and escort at the table. He gave them a small, what looked to be assuring smile before clearing his throat.

"So let me explain how this whole process is going to work," He started. "Tomorrow you each meet your stylists after we arrive at the Capital. They will get you ready for the Tribute Parade, which is tomorrow night. Then, the next day training starts. The first week work on basic survival skills-building fires, finding shelter, knowing poisonous berries from edible ones. The second week I want you both to focus on fighting skills, defensive and offensive. It wouldn't be a bad idea to have alliances in the arena. Your ally could save your life. However, they could also be the one to end you. It's a risk you'd have to be willing to take. But we'll focus more on arena strategy after training, got it?" Aria and Seth both nodded in agreement, going over the information in their head.

Nash smiled a little, but you could see the pain in his eyes, most likely re-living the past games he has mentored, and tributes he's lost.

They finished the meal in silence, heavy thoughts occupying their minds. Nash finally broke the silence, instructing two Avoxes to show Aria and Seth to their rooms, assuming they would want to be alone for awhile. He couldn't be more right.

Aria was led down a hall to the last door on the right. She thanked the Avox before stepping into her room and closing the door behind her. The room was simple compared to the rest of the train. A big bed was placed against the far wall, next to a big window that showed the landscape whizzing past. To her right was a door that led to the bathroom, and a small dresser to her left.

Aria wanted nothing more than to be back home right now, with her family. Since that wasn't possible, she decided to fall asleep and act like this was all just a bad dream.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, there's Nash! Ian will come in next chapter, but it will take a little longer for Jamie and Ryan. So, I'll try to be moving the story a little fast so it doesn't take too long to get to the arena.