Status: Active.

My Curse Was Reversed

Chapter 5

I guess I wasn't expecting the stares.

You know maybe one or two as I'm the new kid, but not a whole fucking corridor staring and whispering. I look over to Ryan who notices my surprise, he grins a little.

"I guess you could say Ronnie is a popular topic for the school gossip. Don't worry we all had to deal with the stares when we first started to hang around with him." I nod at the explanation and give him a smile which he returns.

We walk past the office so I quickly turn back and run to the woman at the desk. She gives me a wide smile.

"How can I help ya sweetie?" She asks while folding her arms, I smile shyly and inform her that I'm the new student.

"Ah! Max Green isn't it?" I nod and smile as she searches around her desk for a second or two. She then pulls out two pieces of paper and hands them over.

"There is a map of the school and also your timetable. Your locker number should be on the map." She explains. I thank her quickly before wandering back out into the hallway.

I try to ignore everyone's staring while trying to locate my locker. News must travel fucking fast in this place, I've been here all of 10 minutes.

After randomly stumbling across my locker, the map was useless, I find it filled with books. I groan and pick out a couple before shoving them into my bag and shutting the locker. I go to turn around and accidentally end up bumping into someone and send them to the floor.

"Oh my God, I am so sorry dude." I say while offering out an arm to him. He thankfully grabs onto my arm and lets me pull him up.

"It's no problem, I wasn't paying attention." He grins before dusting himself off. He looks back at me and holds out a hand.

"Craig Mabbitt." He grins, I return the smile while shaking his hand.

"Max Green."

"Well Max, how about I show you to your first lesson?" He offers politely when the bell starts to chime. I nod and hand him my time table before slinging my backpack on my shoulder.

"You have most lessons with me, so I'll look after you today." He says while leading me down the hallway. I sigh in relief and thank him, this means I won't have to ask Ronnie for directions. I'm going to stay the fuck away from him.

After a few more turns Craig stops outside a classroom. I follow him inside and sigh loudly as the whispers start up again. They could be more sneaky about it.

Craig drags me towards the back of the room and takes a seat at a desk. I carefully sit down in mine and look over as Craig pokes me and gestures to a dude beside him.

"Max this is Monte, Monte this is Max." He introduces. I give Monte a smile and fist bump as a greeting which he returns.

We soon concentrate on the teacher as she starts telling us to settle down, I sigh and grab a pen before starting to doodle inside my notebook. I've never really been a big fan of maths, like most people. Fucking useless lesson.

The lesson drags on for about 15 minutes until the door is thrown open and Ronnie, Jacky and Ryan walk in. Everyone looks over and I groan a little, I better not have classes with that asshole.

I go back to doodling, trying to ignore them all. I can hear a few snarky comments towards the teacher and some giggles from the class before they start walking towards the back. Towards me. Oh joy.

"Maxie, what are you doing?" He asks me quietly. I look up and ignore the stares while raising an eyebrow.

"I've told you before, don't fucking call me Maxie." I growl towards him, a small smirk makes its way onto his perfect little face.

"You didn't answer my question."

"Leave him alone Radke, he obviously doesn't want to speak to you." Craig buts in while glaring at Ronnie.

"Do you want me to kick your ass Mabbitt?" Ronnie snarls, cracking his knuckles afterwards.

"Boys, if you do not sit down you'll all be getting detention!" The teacher shouts while crossing her arms. The three of them look back at her before taking a seat, unfortunately Ronnie gets the seat next to mine.

After the teacher turns back to the board Ronnie turns to me and grabs my arm. I sigh and give him a look before trying to pull free of his grasp.

"Maxie, you don't talk to Craig or his friends. Is that understood?" He asks while holding me tighter. I can see Craig moving towards us from the corner of my eye, so I hold up a hand towards him and smile lightly. He slowly sits down, looking a little worried.

"Listen Ronnie, you don't own me and I'm sure as hell not going to follow orders from an asshole like yourself." I snap, before managing to rip my arm from his grip and turn back to the front.

And this was only first lesson, the day is going to be a disaster.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took ages to update.