Sequel: Nothing To Lose
Status: Completed.

White Wedding

Nice Day For A White Wedding?

"Ronnie, wake up," Johnny said shaking me lightly. I looked at the clock next to my bed. 6 AM. Then I remembered It's my wedding day. I came face to face with Johnny who was holding a mug of coffee, "Gena's made breakfast at her house," he said softly. I nodded my head slowly and carefully stepped out of bed.
"Don't worry, everything's going to be okay," he reassured. I nodded my head and grabbed some clothes to quickly change into before walking into the bathroom for a shower. I still haven't told Johnny about what happened at the club. I don't plan on telling him either, everyone will find out when I'm ready. I washed my hair and shaved my legs quickly before stepping out and getting dressed in some plain black jeans and one of Johnny's t-shirts that he leant me. I tied my soaking wet hair up in a bun and walked out of the bathroom.

"I'm going to get going to Gena's okay?" I said stepping down the stairs to find Johnny still in his boxers, sitting on the sofa with a bowl of cereal, attempting but failing miserably, to stay awake. I slipped on a pair of shoes quickly.

"Okay," he mumbled waking himself up from his nap cut short, "I'll see you at the church," he said giving me a wave. I nodded and made my way out of the door, to my car.

The ride to Gena's wasn't silent. I was alone with my thought again. Each one was floating around my mind becoming more and more vivid by the second. This day determines the rest of my life. The nerves began to take over and I felt my stomach tying itself in knots. The feelings that I had put on hold for over a week had completely just hit me like a 20 tonne truck. Today is the day.

I parked my car in front of Gena's house, I could tell she was awake. The light was beaming from three of the windows, there were silhouettes of two figures. I was told it would just be Gena and myself. I pressed my finger against the buzzer once, revealing my gnawed finger nail, such a bad habit of mine. I heard keys turning and handles twisting before the door was opened. "Zacky," I said softly.

"Hey, sorry I'm on my way to mine, Gena had my tie," Zack explained holding up a loose charcoal black tie. I nodded my head and forced myself a smile "Cheer up kiddo, it's the happiest day of your life," Zacky beamed. I looked at him with my eyes distressed and burning right through Zack. He pulled me into a hug and kissed the top of my head, sensing that there was something wrong, "It's alright, I know it's early," he joked, "See you later," he said letting me in the house before heading off to his car.

"Ronnie!" Gena cheered as she walked in from the kitchen, "I've made breakfast for the girls and us," I smiled and let my eyes wander about her house. The other three were yet to arrive. I nodded my head, "Coffee?" She asked.

"I'm good thanks," I said shaking my head, she lead me into the living room before walking into the kitchen, I sat myself down on the sofa thinking about the day ahead of me. I heard the door shut again and some scurrying came through.

"Hey!" I heard Michelle, Val and Leana say, how they were still so happy this early in the morning I'll never know. I looked at each of them and saw that they were each holding their dresses and a pair of shoes.

"Hey guys, breakfasts ready so do you wanna come through to the kitchen?" Gena asked signaling us through, the girls lay their dresses down carefully on top of the sofa and walked into the kitchen, with me following. "Mrs Mitchell gets first dibs!" Gena said happily.

"What?" I said shaking off the fact that I was day dreaming yet again.

"Nothing, you just get your breakfast first," she said nervously.

"Ronnie, can I have a word?" Michelle said placing down her plate carefully. I nodded my head slowly and she lead me into the small bathroom that was downstairs.

"Look Ronnie, what I said at the bridal store, ignore me please," she said.

"No Michelle I be-"

"I was being a bitch and know it's getting in the way of the happiest day of your life," she said more to herself than to me.

"Michelle-"

"Ronnie, please just don't let me bother it," she begged, I nodded my head in defeat and placed a smile on my face, "Thank you," she sighed giving me a hug. We walked back into the kitchen and found the other 3 holding their plates.

"So Ronnie, I've got eggs, bacon, muffins, and pancakes, the choice is yours," Gena said.

"Erm, I think I'll have a little of everything, Gena," I smiled at her.

As an hour past we were all done with breakfast, then it was time to get ready. Gena did each of the girls first, giving them tight curls in their hair and soft make up so it wouldn't clash with their black dresses. Then it was my turn. She created the same loose waves in my hair as my bachelorette night, just a lot more strategically organized with some parts pinned up at the back. In contrast to my ivory coloured dress, she gave me some dark smoky eye shadow. "Done," she said pulling away slowly.

"You look awesome," Val sighed.

"Adorable," Leana said with tears forming in her eyes.

"Come on don't cry," I smiled, "I'm not gonna be late for my own wedding because Missy over here couldn't control the tears," I joked, "Can somebody help me with my dress?" I asked getting up from the chair.

"I'll help," Val said raising her hand slightly. She lead me through a small corridor from Gena's bedroom and into the bathroom, where my Wedding Dress was hanging on the door. I slid the zip down from the plastic that was covering it and took it out carefully. I slid it over my head, sure to not get stuck this time and Val slid the zipper up carefully.
"Okay, corset time!" she said excitedly I turned around and held my dress up, gasping in horror each time Val pulled on a string. "All, done!" she said breathing heavily.

"Thank you," I said giving her a hug.

"Ronnie, car's here," Leana said poking her head through the door. I sighed heavily. We all made our way down the stairs, with the girls helping me with the back of my dress.

"I'm so excited, I've never been part of a wedding before," Gena beamed as she sat next to me in the car.

"Me neither actually," I laughed.

"You all look gorgeous," the driver of the car said.

"Thank you," we all smiled.

About half an hour later, we arrived at the church, where there were already cars filling up the spaces. The five of us made our way to the back of the church and through the doors, I could already see Andrew and his groomsmen standing with cigars and saw Johnny's grandfathers Rolls Royce parked with a ribbon around the bonnet. "Come on, the groom can't see the bride before the wedding," Michelle said tugging on my arm slightly. We walked through to the room where the brides party wait before the ceremony.

"Can we come in?" I heard a voice on the other side of the door. It was Brian.

"Yeah come on in," I said quickly. The five of them walked through, each in their black tuxedos, black ties and white shirts.

"You look awesome," Zacky said giving me a hug, "So do you baby," he added giving Gena a kiss.

"Thanks," I smiled, I turned my head to my right, placing my gaze on the dusty, old clock resting on the wall, "You guys, it's nearly time," I sighed.

"You're right, come on, lets go find a seat," Matt said to all of them, "Good luck, Ronnie," he said giving me a hug, Jimmy, Brian and Zack following him.

"Ronnie, a word please?" Johnny asked. There was obviously something bothering him, it was written all over his face. I nodded and lead him to a corner, away from the girls, "You need to know this, I know it's a bad time but Andrew-"

"Johnny, me first," I said interrupting him, "I am so grateful for everything you've done for me. You're the greatest friend ever," I smiled.

"You too, apart from the guys obviously," he smiled weakly. I gave him a soft kiss on the cheek.

"Ronnie, it's time," Michelle said peering over to us.

"Good luck," he smiled. I nodded my head and followed the girls out. I could hear the organ starting, making my heart beat faster and harder, adding a lump to my throat. No turning back now, Veronica I thought to myself. The first to walk down was Gena, then Val followed shortly by Leana. Then it was Michelle who was leading the flower girl.

Then the bridal march started, making my stomach twist and turn, making me nauseous, but there was no turning back. I walked down the aisle slowly, watching everyone rising to their feet. All eyes were on me, and I didn't like it. I hated being the centre of attention, even on my own wedding day.

I turned to my left, to see all of Andrews family and friends, completely filling up that side. The total opposite of my side, where there were just 5 guys standing at the front and a woman, close to the back with a hat placed over her head. She looked up at me with tears in her eyes. My mother. The one who swore she wouldn't come to this wedding and the one that Andrew refused to invite. The one who had pure hatred for Andrew. And now I understood why. I signaled for her to move down to the front with the guys, where she agreed and moved slowly. It lingered on my mind. How did she know about today?

I finally reached the altar, giving Andrew a small smile. He looked like he had just been smacked in the face. "What is she doing here?" He asked me.

"Who my own mother?" I asked sarcastically. He sighed angrily and shook his head.

"Dearly Beloved, we are gathered together here in the sign of God and in the face of this company to join together this man and this woman in holy matrimony," the minister started, I zoned off as he started talking to the guests, I turned to Andrews crowed of people, staring at me intently, and his mother looking at my mother with the most spiteful glare I had ever seen in my life. My blood boiled. My mother deserves better than people to look at her as if she was dirt. She deserved better than her only daughter to ignore her for three years. "Into this holy estate these two persons present now come to be joined. If any person can show just cause why they may not be joined together let them speak now or forever hold their peace," the minister added. I turned to Michelle who softly nodded her head at me, I turned my head slightly to where the boys were sitting. Zacky sat there, with his knees moving up and down nervously. Then Johnny, who's hand was running through his flat Mohawk. Nobody spoke.
"That's the hard part over and done with," The minister joked making me laugh softly. My heart rate was not getting slower, and looking at my friends and my mother whilst the minister carried on, I knew they didn't like this.

"I do," I heard Andrew say. My turn next.

"Do you Veronica take Andrew to be your husband?" The Minister read out, I took another gaze at the people I truly cared about. None were happy. Johnny and Zacky looked so nervous that I can't even describe. Matt was staring at Andrews best man with pure anger as he was eying up Val, Brian was nervously fidgeting with the brim of his fedora next to Jimmy was absent minded taking pictures on his digital camera and my mother was wiping her tears. Not of joy. Of sadness. I turned to Andrew who was waiting impatiently for my answer.

"Can I please just express one thing before I say 'I do'?" I asked, the minister nodded his head in agreement. I turned to Michelle and gave her my bouquet before turning around to Andrew. I smiled softly before forcefully shoving my delicate, small hand around his face, making the slap sound echo throughout the church. His family gasped in horror and all I heard from my side was Jimmy's voice simply shouting out:

"Oh damn girl!" before frantically taking pictures.

"Do you think I'm stupid, Andrew?!" I shouted, he looked at me with his hand covering the bright red mark, "Let me give you a small hint around 11 pm, at that night club, 'Midnight blue', 5 days ago, I saw you and some little skank getting friendly in the girls bathrooms," I yelled. "All of those 'business meetings'? how can trust you? After what you did to me that morning, coming home late because I was planning this sham!" I shouted even louder, "and worst of all, you turned me against my own mother, I can never forgive you for that," I turned around to everybody, "You want an answer, it's I DON'T, the weddings off! And before I forget," I turned around, moving my engagement ring from my finger and throwing it at him, making a light jingle sound on the floor. "I would say I'm sorry, but I'm not," I scoffed before picking up my dress and marching down the aisle. I never even wanted to get married in a church. My mom wasn't religious. None of my family was. I could hear the light clicking sounds of 4 pairs of high heels behind me.
"I'm so sorry you guys," I sighed as Gena shut the door behind her.

"Don't be sweetie, we're glad you did it," Val reassured.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah, we never liked that asshole," Leana replied. I smiled at all of them and pulled them into a group hug.

"I want to go," I sighed, "I've got no where to go," I remembered saying it more to myself then to the girls.

"Ronnie!" I heard a voice yell, I pulled out of the hug and saw it was Jimmy, trying to catch his breath as he rested against the crumbling oak table, "Bastard tried to chase me," he panted. Just then, I saw the other guys walk in, looking more happy than they were earlier, and my mother, with a smile placed on her face.

"I'm so proud baby," she said playing with a strand of my hair.

"Mom, I'm sorry, I don't know how you're going to forgive me, I'm an idiot."

"It's alright sweetie, sometimes you need to find things out on your own," she smiled. "You're probably wondering how I knew eh?" she asked, "You're friend Johnny gave me a call," I gave her small body a warm hug. I had secretly longed for a hug from her all these years. Nothing can compare to a mothers protective shield around you. I pulled away and noticed Johnny standing in the corner on his own.

"Johnny," I said quietly, walking over to him at the same time.

"Ronnie, I'm sorry, I tried to tell you, I knew all along, I saw him at this hotel and-"

"Shhhh, it's okay, it's my fault, sometimes I need to learn to shut up," I rolled my eyes, "but if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be where I am today, there's no way I can repay you," I said wrapping my arms around his body.

"You don't have to," he smiled, rocking me in his arms.

"There is one thing," I pulled away, he raised his eyebrows at me, "Do you think I can have your guest room, just for a little while?" I asked.

"The longer the better," he smiled. I returned my arms back around his body.

"Hey Johnny," I started.

"Yeah?"

"Can we go home?" I smiled.

"Sure," he said with the most gorgeous grin placed gently across his lips.

It's a nice day to start again.
♠ ♠ ♠
The End.
You likey?
There's a sequel..maybe ;]
Comment?