Sequel: Nothing Like Us

One Less Lonely Girl

My Final Concert

I went into my room and lied down on the couch and closed my eyes again. My mind had flashbacks to the day when I first started getting hate up to now. I opened up my twitter and counted all the tweets and it counted up to around 300. I was shocked so I giggled from how people spend their time trying to bring people down. I got up and changed into my PJ's and curled up on the couch continuing to read my twitter timeline. I didn't notice that Justin came into the room until he sat down in front of me which made me jump.
"Oh my gosh! Justin!" I gasped as I put my hand to my to my chest, slowing my heartbeat down to a normal pace.
"Oops, sorry." He chuckled. He made his way next to me on the couch and put his arms around my shoulders giving me a big kiss on my cheek.
We talked for a few minutes and without us realizing, we fell asleep. My head was on his lap and his arm was around me. I felt the closeness between us and how many things we shared with each other. I was just so happy to have him in my life because I wouldn't know where I would be without him. I woke up the next morning with Justin planting small kisses on my head which was the best way to wake up. I turned my head toward his with a smile and he leaned down and kissed me. The day was starting out wonderfully. Breakfast was set up in the meeting room where everyone was already eating and fooling around. I grabbed some food and sat next to Pattie who gave me a hug and a kiss on the forehead. We talked about how his tour is going well as planned and how they were excited about the coming ones. Halfway through their talk I excused myself from the table and went to my room to get dressed. My phone rang a couple of times mostly because of tweets and my mom also called. She told me to stay safe and have fun which I definitely agreed on doing. After hanging up I checked twitter to only find more hate. I was at the breaking point in this moment. I wanted everything to stop and go back to normal without any fans hating on me. I wanted to be home right now in my bed hanging out with friends and especially be with my family. I guess I could say I was having a bit of homesickness. I sat down for a while with my room door locked and thought everything through. That's when I decided I was going to have to part from Justin. All this hate was going to make me go emotionally unstable and mentally exhausted. I had no choice.

"Good luck on stage! I love you!" I yelled out to Justin as he was heading towards the stage. My heart was beating because of what was going to happen after the concert. I walked back to my room, staring at the floor as I made my way and I guess Pattie saw me.
"Honey, are you okay?" She came over to me and but her hand on the small of my back and I looked up at her with tears forming in my eyes. All I could do was nod because I didn't want her to start worrying about me.
"Yeah." I swallowed, "I'm okay..." I smiled as I continued walking.
"No, you're not okay. You seem sad, what's going on?" She stopped me in the middle of the hallway.
"Can I tell you in my room?"
"Yes you can" We walked over to my room and sat down on the couch. I grabbed a pillow and started crying silently. "Sweetie, tell me what's going on."
"I can't do this anymore Pattie, I just can't." I sobbed.
"What do you mean?"
"I can't keep on dating Justin like this. It's not going to work well. All his fans hate me and I can't handle all this. I have to go Pattie..." I buried my face in the pillow to mute my sobs.
"Oh Ashley, I’m so sorry. I understand you so well. Everyone has those moments when they need to just step away from everything and make a time to relax. Even I have to take some days off and walk away from the fame.”
“You don’t have to be sorry about anything Pattie, it’s not your fault. I just can’t handle all the things that are coming my way and I guess I was just not meant to live this kind of life. I guess I can say it’s my fault that Justin is getting hate too and I can’t do that to him. I love him too much to hold on to him… I need to let him go so we can both be happy.” I explained to her. She leaned in and gave me a big kiss on my head, holding me tight. I hugged her back knowing that I’ll miss her so much. After a while, I called my mom to come pick me up since we were in our hometown.

A few minutes before the concert ended, I packed all my bags and headed towards the stage to meet him as he came off. On his way down the stage, he saw me and smiled and it just kind of broke my heart to tell him that I was leaving him. I ran towards him and gave him a big hug. He tried kissing me but I held his face before his lips met my lips. He gave me a confused look.
“What’s wrong?”
“Justin, I love you. I love you too much to hold on to you.” I spoke out.
“W-what do you mean? Are you telling me that you want to break up?”
“I’m sorry…” I looked down at my feet trying to hide the tears.
“But Ashley, our love is perfect. I love you so much and you know that. You’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me.” Justin grabbed on to my shoulders. He slowly lifted my face up only to see the tears streaming down my face.
“Justin, I know you love me. You’re my everything but I just can’t handle things anymore. I need a break and I don’t want you to be hurt because of me.” I looked into his eyes as our eyes locked together. He had pain in his eyes and I could see the tears that he was trying to hold back. I let him kiss me one last time before we parted. All I could say was that he was very passionate and he didn’t want to let me go.

I made my way to my mom who was parked outside in the back parking lot. I loaded my luggage in the trunk and shut it hard. I got into the passenger seat of the car and before we drove off, Pattie gave me one last hug. I rolled up my window and stared outside to find Justin standing there as we drove away.
“Mom, stop the car.” I unbuckled my belt. I stepped out of the car and ran over to him as he ran over to me. We embraced each other so tight. I never wanted to let go. We stayed like this for a few minutes in the middle of the parking lot until we had to pull ourselves away from each other.

The last words that we exchanged were “I’ll love you forever.”