Status: Active =)

Don't Give up on Me

Rumour Has It

“You’re back early!” Harry looked rapidly between the two of us. “Is everything okay?” I stifled a snort of laughter as he and Lily sprang apart at the sound of the door. Lily was flushed, stringing her fingers through her hair. I noted the tangles and shook my head in amusement.

“Of course it is.” I rolled my eyes at him. “We just finished dinner and decided to come see you guys.” Niall shifted awkwardly next to me.

“Perfect!” Lily reached a hand out to me and I grinned, relaxing onto the couch next to her. “We’d love that.”

“You sure? If you two wanted to be alone we could go.” Niall shuffled his feet, slowly walking to the couch.

“Oh my gosh, bloody sit!” Harry rolled his eyes at Niall. “Just watch something with us you stubborn fool.” Niall moved to my other side, relaxing into the comfort of the couch. He reached a hand out to mine, gently guiding his fingers into the spaces between mine. I felt the butterflies ignite as his fingers traced soft designs on the back of my hand. I twisted slightly, kissing his cheek.

“Thanks Niall, for the comfort.” I whispered in his ear. “I like when you do this.” I gestured to our joined hands and he smiled at me.

“Always darlin’.”

“So I love you all. Sitting here with you is such a privilege, but are we going to watch a movie or what?” I remarked.

“Oh, of course we will.” Harry replied, settling more comfortably on the couch. He pulled Lily into his chest and she relaxed in his hold. I smiled while rolling my eyes at the two of them. They should just start dating at this point. By the way the two of them looked at each other they were going to anyway.

“Oh okay, I guess I can pick something.” I laughed. “Does anybody have a preference?” They all shrugged and I sighed, moving from the couch to pop in a movie. As The Italian Job began I settled into the couch. I could feel Niall’s eyes on me. My body flushed, I could feel the nerves eating away at my stomach. My teeth tugged at my lip as I tucked one leg under my body slightly.

“What did I tell you about that lip?” He growled softly in my ear. My breath hitched as his lips brushed lightly over my neck. My hands reached blindly for anything to grasp as he moved tantalizingly slow across my skin. My fingers dug into his leg when his teeth gently scraped my neck. I tried to keep my whimpers as silent as possible but I was dying inside. I felt like my body was on fire and I was slowly losing control. My hand drifted up his leg and he grabbed at my jacket, desperately trying to get me closer to him.

“Alright, if you two are gonna get it on then please go to Lex’s room.” Lily remarked bemusedly. I felt Niall shift uncomfortable next to me and he pulled back. I wasn’t ready to stop though, craving his lips and his fingertips dancing across my skin. I sank back, feeling very sexually frustrated and breathed a sigh of annoyance. My eyes were focused on the screen but nothing entered my mind. Images of Niall moaning were taking over my mind and I groaned inwardly.

“Screw it.” I muttered, gripping Niall’s wrist, dragging him to my room.

“Lex?” Niall moved along, his gait confused. “Are you sure about this?” I didn’t reply, tugging him into my room. I closed the door gently and leaned against it, watching Niall’s face.

“Do you not want to make out?” I asked softly. “Cuz if that’s the case you’re sending me some mixed signals.”

“That’s not it.” He replied gently. “I don’t want t’ make you upset or make things weird for ya with Lily.”

“Niall, I wouldn’t have left if things would have been weird. She and Harry will be just fine.” I looked up at him through my eyelashes. I softly played with the hair at the nape of his neck as I pulled my lip between my teeth again. He pressed himself bodily against me, his lips urgent against mine. He slid one hand to my jawline, pulling my face closer to his. His kiss softened, his hands loosening their hold on me as he pulled his body away. “What?” I asked when he drew back.

“I feel like we shouldn’t be doing this right now. It’s not that I want to stop, but we did come back to see Lily and Haz.” He brushed a strand of hair out of my face.

“Ni.” I murmured, unsure of how to take this. “I don’t get it. I thought you wanted this.”

“My beautiful Alexis,” he kissed my forehead softly. “I did want this, I do want this.” He held my eyes captive. “We will have time for this eventually okay? I want to spend time with you and our friends. Besides, we’ll need to have control over ourselves and our desires. Now is a good time to start that.”

“Okay.” I replied quietly. I didn’t know how to feel about it. I wanted to be alone with Niall, but I was grateful that he respected me enough to shut down his desires. I guess I could do the same for him. “Thank you Niall.” I raised myself on my toes and kissed his cheek softly. “Let’s get back out there. But first can I change?”

“Of course you can darlin’.”

“Okay, turn around?” I requested softly. He chuckled but turned around to let me change. I slipped on some pajama pants and a shirt quickly, keeping my hair up. I opened the door, reaching behind me for Niall’s hand. His fingers slipped between mine and I felt relief settle into my stomach at his touch. Harry’s head snapped up to watch us enter the room.

“Did somebody get too nervous and lose the ability to perform?” He winked at Niall.

“No.” Niall rolled his eyes. “We, as much as we want each other, wanted to spend time with you guys. We’ll have time for that later.” He looped an arm casually around my waist, pressing a chaste kiss to my temple. We moved back to the couch and I let him pull me closer. I was enveloped in his arms. I breathed him in, relaxing as his scent calmed me. I glanced over, watching Harry whisper in Lily’s ear. I grinned as her blush spread across her cheeks. As the movie continued my breathing steadied and my eyelids fluttered shut.

NIALL’S POV

Glancing down at Alexis a small smile settled on my lips. She looked so cute and I loved the feeling of her in my arms. She fit so perfectly, comfortably in my hold. “Is she asleep?” Lily asked softly. I kissed the top of Alexis’s head gently. She stirred, pressing herself closer to me but her eyes remained closed.

“I’m goin’ t’ say yea.” I replied, looking over at the other two. Lily shook her head knowingly.

“Looks like you’re stuck there.” She smirked at me and I cocked an eyebrow in her direction. “When she falls asleep she can’t be moved.”

“That’s not true.” I rolled my eyes at her.

“Actually, that’s very much true. Lex will wake up if you move her and then she won’t sleep again until the next night.” She replied.

“Well what do I do?” I glanced down at the beautiful girl in my arms and a smile crept onto my lips.

“You have to stay here.”

“I can’t do that. It has the potential to ruin her image, our image.”

“It’ll be okay Nialler.” Harry grinned at me. “Just sleep with the girl.”

“Haz!” I protested.

“Not like that Niall!” Harry laughed. “She’s in your arms, just stay here for a night. I’ll be with Lily.”

“Fine.” I replied nervously. “I just don’t want to upset her.”

“It’s not like this is the first time that you two have spent a night together.” Lily pointed out. “I don’t get why this is so weird for you.”

“It’s the first time the public could truly find out that I’m here overnight.” I replied hesitantly. “The last thing I want to do is make her worried or piss off management.”

“Don’t worry about management. They’ll be freaking over one thing or another regardless of this.” Harry chuckled. “Relax Niall. We’re off to Lily’s room so you guys can sleep out here and we’ll see you in the morning.” He stood and stretched, pulling Lily to her feet.

“Night Niall.” Lily threw me a smile as she and Harry left the room.

“G’night guys.” I replied softly, settling into the rhythm of Lex’s breathing.

ALEXIS’S POV

I shifted slightly as I woke up, feeling arms tighten around me. I screamed loudly, flailing wildly. My limbs swung and I heard a loud grunt as I made contact with whoever was holding me. “Let go!” I yelled, twisting to get out of the arms that held me captive.

“Bloody hell Alexis!” I heard Niall’s lilt soft and low in my ear.

“Oh my gosh. I just hit you! Are you okay?” I stopped moving and his arms unwound from my body.

“I think so. Why did you hit me?” Amusement colored his tone. I glanced up to see his bemused grin. He tucked me into his side and kissed the top of my head softly.

“I woke up somebody holding me and I freak out! I guess I just didn’t expect you to stay with me all night. I mean, we’d talked about this and I thought we were on the same page. Now that people are more aware of us we weren’t going to stay over at each other’s places.” I wrinkled an eyebrow, twisting slightly so I could see his face. “I thought you didn’t want this image shown.

“I don’t.” He paused in slight confusion. “I know you don’t either. It just,” he sighed softly. “Lily said that if I moved you and left that you wouldn’t sleep for the rest of the night.” His volume dropped and he trailed off as frustration crossed my face.

“Excuse me for a moment?” I stood abruptly, not waiting for his answer. I stalked over to Lily’s room, flinging the door open. It slammed against the wall. The two bodies jerked at the resulting bang.

“The hell?” Lily’s groggy voice sounded softly. She brushed hair out of her eyes, rolling from her resting place on Harry’s bare chest.

“Lay here with me babe.” Harry murmured, pulling her back into him.

“Out.” I barked harshly.

“Alexis?” Harry muttered, opening his eyes for the first time. He glanced over at me.

“Out Harold.” I flung my arm out, pointing to the living room. “I need a word with Lilian.”

“Shiiiiit.” Lily groaned. “Go Haz. I’ll be out there soon.” She pushed him out of bed tiredly. He stumbled slightly, grabbing a pair of pants and pulling them over his waist.

“Lex,” he paused, biting his lip concernedly as he approached.

“Haz.” My eyes flashed to his face. “She crossed a line and she knows it. This is a big deal and we need to discuss what the hell happened. Please go.” I pushed him out the door and he padded off, glancing back behind him as I shut the door.

“Lexy-babe!” Lily whined, sitting up in her bed.

“Don’t start that Lilian.” My eyes shot fire as I spun on my heel. I leaned on the door behind me, crossing my arms over my chest with a scowl.

“Lex, come on.” She sighed, her eyes dropping to her hands which were twisting together in her lap. “I’m sorry okay? I just thought you’d like waking up to him.”

“I get that Lil, but you lied to Niall to get him to stay. Look, Niall and I are working hard to not let our relationship be seen as sexual. Like, I’m realistic and I know there are going to be plenty of rumors going around but why would we add fuel to the fire? It’s too early for all of this.” She looked at me with guilt. “Will you promise to let us do this at our own pace?”

“I’m sorry Lex. Does it really matter this much to you?”

“Yes” I replied firmly.

“Okay. I promise that I won’t interfere anymore.” She smiled ruefully, “love you Lexy.”

“Thank you Lily.” I replied, softly biting my lip. “Love you too.”

“Stop worrying Lexy. It won’t change what happened. Look, if things get bad for some reason I promise that I’ll help clean it all up okay?”

“Thanks Lil.” A wry and knowing smile crossed my lips as she shifted in her bed. “I’ll send Harry back in.”

“Good.” She grinned at me impishly.

“Keep it down in here okay?” I winked as I opened the door, dodging the pillow she threw at me. “Lily needs you Haz, but I’m guessing without pants.” Harry leapt up from the couch, sprinting into Lily’s room. The door closed with a definitive bang and I looked sheepishly at Niall. “Sorry.” I ran my fingers through my hair, pushing my bangs out of my eyes.

“It’s okay darlin’.” Niall replied. “Come sit with me.” I padded softly to his side, sinking into his embrace. His fingers twisted a loose strand of hair between them. “Well my darlin’, how’d you sleep?”

“Really well actually.” I admitted, a slight blush in my cheeks. He chuckled quietly, his fingers trailing up the side of my arm. “Ni.” I whispered as he brushed against my collarbone.

“Yes pretty one?” He traced along my jawline, turning my face toward his. I let out a long sigh as he touched his lips to my temple. Suddenly we heard a soft moan from Lily’s bedroom.

“My room?” I giggled as Niall shifted uncomfortably.

“Please.” He bolted up from the couch, pulling me behind him. I laughed as he yanked me into my room. I leaned back against the door, jumping slightly as the click sounded loudly in my ears. I became more and more rapidly aware of the heat radiating from Niall. He moved closer to me, trapping me against the door. His fingers trailed down my arm, linking in between my own. “Lex.” His voice was low in my ears. I swallowed nervously, tingles shooting up my arm. “I’d really like to kiss you, here.” His fingers brushed my cheek. “Here.” They drifted down my jaw to my neck. His fingers slipped to my waist, running lightly along my hips. “Here.” He moved them slowly, dancing across my waistline.

“Damnit Ni.” I gasped for breath as his fingers sent chills throughout my body. My knees buckled slightly as his lips hit my neck. He chuckled softly, pressing himself against me. If he hadn’t caught me against the door I’d have collapsed on the floor. He hitched my legs up and I complied, wrapping them around his waist. Niall caught my lips with his, his tongue flicking out, hoping to deepen the kiss. I gladly opened my mouth, letting our tongues dance for control. His hands squeezed my thighs as he walked us over to my bed. He eased me down, untangling my legs from his body. He peeled off his shirt and I hooked a leg around his waist, yanking our hips together. His hands slid underneath my shirt, moving quickly up my heated skin. His fingers traced my rib cage and my breath hitched. His phone rang loudly in the silence of my room and he broke away. “Ni, don’t get it.”

“I have to Lex, it’s management.”

“What?” I sat upright, moving away from his touch. “Okay, that you should get.”

“Hello?” His confusion was obvious. He was silent for a moment then spit out rapidly. “No no no no no sir. I promise that is just a rumor.”

“What?” My eyes were wide as his entire demeanor shifted.

“I can promise that we’re safe. It’s just another rumor. You’ve dealt with this before with Harry, it’s no different with me okay? I promise you that nothing they said is true.” He paused momentarily. “Okay, that’s true but only that.” He turned to me, brushing a strand of hair out of my face. He smiled reassuringly at me. “Okay, thank you. Let me know what you need from me.” He nodded. “Mmhmm, g’bye.” He hung up, dropping the phone on my bed.

“Niall, what’s wrong?” I knew my words were laced with concern.

“Promise me you won’t freak out okay?” I nodded, a small smile creeping across my face as he nervously wrung his hands together. “Lex, they’re saying you’re pregnant.”

“Really? How is that even remotely possible?”

“There’s a picture apparently circulating.”

“Imma find this.” I laughed, moving out to the living area to get my laptop.

“Lex this is a bad idea.” Niall cautioned, following closely behind. “You don’t know what they’ll say about you.”

“I’m not concerned.” I grinned, hopping onto the island in our kitchen. “They can say anything they want, it doesn’t change the truth.” I scanned through the articles, noting the picture people were talking about. “Ni, it’s not even bad.” In the picture, Niall was kissing my temple and I had a sweet smile settled on my lips. My eyes were looking down at my stomach and my hands were pressed against it.

“Lex.” He sighed, moving closer to me.

“I actually think this is a sweet picture.” I replied, showing it to him.

“How can you not think this is a big deal?” His voice rose and he began pacing in the kitchen. I watched, attempting to hide my amusement.

“I think it’s funny! Niall, the headline is ‘NIALL’S NEW SQUEEZE PREGNANT??’ This whole thing will blow over, especially when they realize that I’m not getting fat.”

“Alexis you cannot just blow over this!” He began shouting at me. I sat cross-legged on the counter top, watching him carefully. I remained silent and let him continue to yell at me, frustrated with the situation more than with my reaction.

“Why are you yelling?” Harry came out of Lily’s room shirtless. I turned my attention back to the computer screen in front of me.

“Alexis here doesn’t seem t’ think that these rumors are a big deal. They’re a damn big shitty deal!” Niall yelled, running his hand through his hair.

“Niall, language.” I snapped my head up in his direction.

“No Alexis. I’ll fuckin’ swear if I want to. How dare they do this?”

“Niall, please stop freaking out about this.” I replied softly, my gaze dropping back to the article.

“I can’t calm down.” He yelled, slamming his hands against the counter. I jumped, keeping my eyes trained on the computer.

“Nialler, mate get yourself together.” Harry moved closer. “Tell me what’s going on.”

“I’m pregnant.” I replied, straight-faced.

“What the hell?” Harry spun to face me.

“At least according to these people.” I added, looking over at Harry with mischief in my eyes.

“Oh.” He breathed a sigh of relief and turned his attention back to Niall. “Okay, you have to calm down about this. Yelling at Alexis is not going to help you in the slightest okay?”

“Haz, management called.” He pinched the bridge of his nose.

“And did they say they’d smooth this over?” Harry asked. Niall nodded, biting his lip. “Then trust them, they’ll do it for you just like they have for me.”

“Niall,” I moved to the edge of the counter, letting my legs hang off. “Come here.”

“Lex, looking at it isn’t going to help.” Harry warned.

“I’m not asking him to, I’m asking him to come here.” I countered, complete with a roll of my eyes. Niall trudged over to me. I could sense he was still fuming so I wrapped my hands around the back of his neck, drawing him closer. “If I kiss you enough will you forget?” I murmured before kissing him softly. His hands slid up my thighs to grab my hips. He pulled back, keeping his hands on my waist.

“I won’t forget it, but I’ll calm down.” He replied, kissing my forehead gently. “Thank you Alexis, for keeping me calm.” I grinned at him, pulling him back for another kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lex's pj's: http://www.polyvore.com/lex_10/set?id=109555008

Thanks guys for waiting!! School kept me much busier than expected...hope it was worth it! xoxo