Status: Active =)

Don't Give up on Me

I Found A Man I Can Trust, And Boy I Believe In Us

“Lil?” I called from my room where I paced anxiously through the massive amounts of clothes blocking my path. “I may or may not need your help again.”

“Lex? What’s up? You’ve been weird all day and then you locked yourself in your room and now you need help and I’m a little lost.” Lily walked into my room, her eyes glued to the lit screen of her phone. “Are you-” She stopped talking abruptly as her eyes scanned the clothes I weaved my way through. “Did your closet explode?”

“Ha ha, very funny.” I bit my lip and flung myself dramatically onto my bed. “Look, Niall wants to take me out tonight. He told me we’re going to a nice restaurant so I have to dress accordingly. Things are different now. We’re public and I have to appear differently so his label doesn’t freak or anything. I’m not used to this Lily. There’s so much pressure on me to be perfect and I’m just feeling overwhelmed.” The words rushed from my lips and I barely took breaths between thoughts.

“First, calm yourself.” Lily’s lips twisted into an amused smile as she shoved my clothes out of her way to my bed. “Lex, Niall is mad for you. He’d think you were gorgeous even if you wore a bag for a dress.” She rubbed my back gently, comfortingly. “Second, take a deep breath. Your dramatic freak-out is getting you nowhere. You’re going to be completely okay. You’re good for Niall’s image so his label will love you. If anything, I’m the one who has to worry. Third, you’re worrying too much so get in the shower. I’ll help you when you get out okay?”

“Fine.” I sighed, biting my lip automatically. I stalked into the bathroom and started the water. Staring into the mirror I noted the frenzied look in my eyes. I took some deep breaths and let my hair down before moving to the shower.

LILY’S POV

I left my nervous wreck of a best friend as she went to shower. I dialed Niall’s number, bouncing my knee in frustration as I sank onto the couch. “Lil?” He answered on the first ring.

“What exactly is your plan for the night?” My words were clipped, kept to the point.

“I’m confused.” Niall muttered. "Why do you need to know?"

“Niall, I need to know what’s going on tonight. She’s a mess because she feels pressured to be perfect for you now that everybody knows. Please, can you just talk to me?”

“Well, I just want Alexis to have everything she deserves. So I’m taking her out for an extremely nice dinner.” He sounded unsure. I smiled wryly at his uncertainty, his sweetness undeniable. He was so good for Alexis.

“Niall, sweetie I know you’re trying so hard to treat Alexis the way she should be treated. That’s an incredible thing. But you have to remember that this is Alexis. She doesn’t care about fancy things, it’s in her nature. Just make sure she’s comfortable there.”

“Oh.” He spoke softly.

“Niall, don’t second guess yourself. I’m not trying to destroy your plans. You can still take her out somewhere nice tonight. I’ll have her ready for it. Just pay very close attention to how she’s doing and call her out if she lies to you.”

“I know Lily, I’m not upset with you.” He began. “I’m glad you’re warning me about this. I’ll be ready to whisk her out of there if I have to.”

“Thanks for listening Niall. I have complete faith in you. I know you’d never hurt her and you’d never let her be hurt.” I smiled gratefully into the phone.

“I’ll see you soon okay Lily?”

“Perfect. I’ll have her ready to go. She’s gonna look amazing.”

“She always looks amazing.” He chuckled as he hung up the phone. I grinned, shaking my head at the boy who was head over heels for my best friend.

“Lily!” I heard Lex’s voice echo through the hall.

“I’m coming ya goof.” I laughed at the desperation in her voice but headed to my room to grab a pair of shoes I knew would match an outfit she had hidden away.

ALEXIS’S POV

“This isn’t humorous.” I grunted, rolling my eyes as I combed through my tangles. I knew she couldn’t hear me which made me feel a little better. In reality, I was too nervous about this date. It’s not like I hadn’t gone out with Niall before, things felt different to me this time. Before, we were just “hanging out” but now we’re actually in a relationship and it’s more serious. It turns into a huge deal if things don’t work out for us and I’d be publicly shamed or worse, Niall would be hated.

“Alexis, stop thinking things won’t work.” Lily lounged in my doorway. I flushed and continued taming the mess of hair on my head.

“I’m trying Lily.”

“I know you are sweetie. Here,” She handed me her gold shoes.

“Great, at least he’ll want me all night when I wear just your shoes.”

“You’re ridiculous.” She laughed. “You know that dress in the back of your closet? These would be perfect with that and your black leather jacket.”

“Oh. Suddenly that makes much more sense.” I reached in my closet, pulling the flowing dress out. I shed my previous clothes, pulling the dress on.

“Lex, don’t bite my head off okay?” She started gingerly. “I know how important his dog-tags are to you, but for the sake of this date would you wear this necklace?”

“That’s one of your more pricey necklaces.” I shook my head. “I couldn’t possibly Lily. Besides, I never take these off unless I’m sleeping.”

“Well, I figured you could keep them in this clutch, that way they wouldn’t be away from you. I know this is expensive and I could barely afford it but I want you to wear it. I never have a reason and it’s so perfect for this outfit.” She spoke rapidly, as if afraid I would yell at her.

“Do you think he’ll like it?” I slipped the necklace around my neck, tracing its shape as it settled over my collarbones.

“He’ll love it.” She smiled at me, pushing me into my desk chair. “Now let me do your hair, I have a vision.” I laughed, throwing my head back. “Trust me.” I grinned at her in the mirror.

“I always do.”

NIALL’S POV

I walked to Alexis’s door, slightly worried about tonight. She must have been extremely nervous if Lily called me. I know things are hard for her, especially since she hadn’t really done the relationship thing. I want Alexis to know how much she’s worth, but I don’t want to make her uncomfortable in the process. I took a deep breath and knocked on the door. “Hang on a sec.” Lily winked at me as she opened the door. “Alexis!” She yelled. “Get your gorgeous ass out here!”

“Lily, that statement is without proof! You have no way of knowing if my-” She cut off as she saw me in the doorway. I chuckled as my eyes raked over her body. She was stunning, but something was different about her. Her eyes wide, worried, as if asking for my approval. Her hand flew to the gold adorning her neck and I knew what changed about her. Her brother’s dog-tags no longer hung from her neck, instead shining gold chains fell softly against her tanned skin. I cocked my head slightly, furrowing my eyebrows. She didn’t speak, but rather looked at me beneath long eyelashes.

“You two are pathetic.” Lily sighed, throwing her arms up.

“I threw my hands in the air, said show me something.” Lex sang softly, grinning impishly at her best friend.

“Ugh!” Lily stalked into the kitchen. “Go out and bang already!” She called wickedly over her shoulder. Alexis made a strangled noise, her mouth opening and closing like a fish.

“Come on gorgeous.” I smirked, drawing her to my side. We left her flat, the door closing loudly behind us. “Alexis?” I stopped moving and she pulled away, leaning against the wall. “I don’t want to pry, but where are James’s…” I trailed off, knowing she’d finish it in her mind.

“They’re in here.” She timidly raised her clutch. “I didn’t want to be without them but Lily said they were the wrong look for the outfit.” Her shy eyes glanced up at mine and my breath caught. Her innocence, through endearing, sometimes was too much for me to process. I craved her, so I moved. Without thought I pressed my body against hers, my hands pushing into the wall for support. “Nnn-nn-ni.” She gasped as my lips hit her sweet spot. Her body shuddered as I slipped one hand down her arm. I intertwined our fingers and pulled back.

“Sorry.” I grinned wolfishly at her.

“No you’re not.” She replied, her lungs heaving for air.

“You’re right.” I leaned closer, my breath hot on her ear. “I wanted much more.” She shivered violently, flushing beet red. I pressed a chaste kiss to her cheek and led her on our way out of her building. I stifled a smirk, happy that I had such an impact on her body with merely words.

“That’s so not fair Niall.” She pouted slightly, her complexion slowly returning to normal. Her pout made me want to kiss her luscious lips, but I restrained myself. We had to make it to the restaurant before our reservation was over.

“I’ll behave now, I promise.” I tugged at her hand, pulling her gently with me out the doors.

ALEXIS’S POV

I smiled warmly at Niall, flashing my teeth as we walked into the warm air of London. The flashes hit immediately, though not as bright as they were in the dark. I pulled my sunglasses from my hair and slid them to cover my eyes. Niall turned his head back, glancing to make sure I was okay. I nodded and moved closer to him, raising to speak in his ear. “Niall, I’m okay. I’m just ready to eat.” I pressed a hand on my stomach. “Are we going?”

“Of course darlin’.” He replied, kissing my temple. Some of the girls who surrounded us awww’d while others hissed at me. I ignored them and slipped into Niall’s front seat. He shut the door and I breathed a sigh of relief. “Are you okay?” He asked after shutting his door.

“I’m alright Niall.” He started the car, pulling into the traffic. “It’s just fascinating how people who don’t even know me can hate me or love me.”

“I’m sorry Lexy. You’re not truly hated.” He started. As he took a breath I reassured him.

“Oh I know. It’s not that they actually hate me but they think they do because they’re obsessed with you. It’s just a world I’ve never really observed before.”

“You’re not upset?” He glanced over at me.

“Eyes on the road!” I rolled my eyes at him. “They don’t have that much effect on me. It would be different if the guys didn’t like me, they’ve gotten to know me. These girls live in a delusion that you guys will live happily ever after. It seems like they forget that you’re all just normal guys who want the same things out of life that everybody does.”

“And what is that?” He spoke softly.

“Love, happiness, success. Most importantly, you guys want to be remembered and you’ve found a way to do that. When most people die they impact their friends and family, you guys will impact the world. Your messages and words can live on, kinda like Michael Jackson or Whitney Houston. You’ll be passed on through your lyrics.”

“You never cease to surprise me.” He reached over, pulling my hand to his lips briefly. Electricity shot up my arm at the slight pressure of his lips and a shiver ran down my spine. I shifted in my seat, hoping to shake the feeling. “What?” He asked, almost nervously.

“You give me shivers.” I pouted in my seat.

“Isn’t that a good thing?” He mused, trying to keep the satisfaction from showing.

“It is.” I sighed.

“But?” He prodded for more.

“I just feel like I don’t have that effect on you. I don’t think I could ever have an effect on somebody. It’s just not who I am.”

“Alexis, you take my breath away.” He began. “You do affect me, every move and every sound.”

“It’s not enough though. You drive me crazy. I’ve never wanted somebody so much in my life. I ache for your touch, your lips. I daydream about you.”

“Alexis.” He warned. “You keep talking like that and I won’t be able to control myself with you.” He pulled over, turning off the car. I looked out the window, seeing a beautiful restaurant.

“Is that where we’re eating?” I looked at Niall.

“Yes we are, if that’s okay?”

“It’s totally okay Ni. It looks like it will be delicious.” He got out of the car, moving to my door. I let him open it and help me out. I brushed my body against his before adding, “Delicious just like you.” He let out a breath and I smirked.

“Oh no you don’t.” He gripped my waist before I could walk into the restaurant. “You’re mine darlin’.” He pushed me gently against the car, capturing my lips. Passion fueled the kiss, his fingers dug into my hips and my knees felt like buckling. If he hadn’t pressed his chest against mine during the kiss I’d have crumpled to the ground. Flashes lit through my eyelids and I slightly pushed Niall back. “It’s your fault Lex.” He smirked at me. I rolled my eyes, hitting his stomach lightly.

“Can we just go eat?” I pouted at him.

“I thought you’d never ask.” He laughed, pulling me into his side as we walked through the crowd surrounding us.

“And I take it back, I do have an effect on you. I like it that way, but I promise not to use it against you.”

“I swear to you darlin’, I’ll try really hard to respect you by not using this against you either. I know you want us to move slow.” I grinned, feeling like the luckiest girl in the world. Niall could have been with anybody. He didn’t just choose me; he wanted to keep me in his life.

“Thank you Niall.” I murmured softly. “Sometimes I need to be reminded that I’m worth something.” I admitted begrudgingly.

“I’ll always remind you, but I’m not sure my desire for you is the proper way of showing it.” He bit his lip, holding the door for me.

“I agree, but it’s not your desire that told me tonight. You clearly want to kiss me all the time, but you’re willing to hold back for my sake. I owe you for that.”

“Ya don’t owe me anythin’.” He winked at me. “Let’s get some grub princess.” I promptly burst into a fit of giggles. He cocked his head to the side, eyebrows raised. “What?” I only laughed harder, he reminded me of a lost puppy caught in his confusion.

“Sorry!” I managed between giggles as a host met us. “None of what you said made sense!”

“I’m confused.” He looked to the host who shrugged, an amused smile ghosting across his lips.

“Are you both ready to be seated?”

“Yes, thank you.” I gasped, wiping tears of mirth from my eyes. “You’re cute when you’re lost.” I patted Niall’s cheek, following the host to another private room. “Niall.” I breathed, taking in the beautiful room. “This is incredible.” He smiled, letting out a sigh of relief. “Why were you so worried?”

“Honestly?” He paused, searching my eyes as we sat across from each other. I nodded, unsure how to formulate my thoughts. “Lily called me today. She said you were nervous and you didn’t really do fancy things. I just didn’t want you to be uncomfortable here. You should be happy when you’re with me, not miserable or anxious. But I want you to have everything you deserve Lex.”

“I like lilies, you know the flowers?” I looked away slightly, shifting in my seat. I pulled the napkin onto my lap, smoothing it gingerly. My fingertips played with the edges of the napkin. I hoped it would save me from the nervousness that now swamped my heart. I couldn’t deal with how highly he thought of me. It terrified me to think he could see that much in me.

“What?” He furrowed his eyebrows. “Lex,”

“Niall, I’m making myself comfortable by changing the conversation. Lilies are some of my favorite flowers.”

“That’s good to know.” He smiled, though still appearing slightly confused. “Does this have anything to do with your best friend?”

“No, though it does help. I really like the smell of them. Also, tiger lilies are the best ones. They’re orange.”

“What’s your thing with orange?” He asked.

“It’s my favorite color.” One corner of my lips turned upward as I ducked my head downward.

“Why are you hiding from that?” He reached over, lifting my chin. “There’s nothing to be ashamed about.”

“People tend to look at me funny when they find out orange is my favorite color.”

“Wait, really? Okay, let me ask you something.” He propped his chin on his hand, his beautiful blue eyes boring into mine. “Why do you like orange so much?”

“It’s happy and bright. It’s joyful, unique, quirky, and it stands out from the crowd.”

“Why is that so important to you Lex?”

“I guess it’s everything I want to be in life. I want to make an impression on people.”

“Darlin’,” he began. He had a soft and warm smile on his lips. His eyes spoke a truth my soul hadn’t yet accepted. “You are all of those things. People notice you all the time.”

“That’s not what I want sweetie.” I shook my head vehemently. “I don’t want to be noticed. I want to be seen! Seen for who I am, for what I stand for. I don’t want to be noticed because people see how I look.”

“Oh Alexis.” He almost looked as if he pitied me.

“No, I’m well aware of the fact that boys notice me. They stupidly whistle at me to try to get me to pay attention to them. The impression that I give to them is that I’m easy and they’d enjoy me in bed. It’s not a compliment like they’d assume. It’s degrading and it sucks.”

“I’m sorry Alexis.” He slipped one hand across the table, rubbing his thumb over the top of my hand. Tingles raced down my arm.

“And how are the two of you doing tonight?” Our server interrupted the moment and I pulled back.

“We’re good.” I smiled, looking over at him for the first time. I could see why he got the job there. It didn’t matter if he had the skills to be a server, his physical appearance would earn him plenty of money. He smiled at me, mischief hidden in his eyes. I immediately looked away, locking eyes with Niall.

“American?” The server continued. “That’s a nice relief.” He dropped his accent and I glanced back over at him. “I’m Mikey. What brings you to this gloomy and rainy city?”

“Uni.” Niall spoke for me. His jaw was clenched and he was clearly frustrated with Mikey.

“Hey, could you bring us both some champagne?” I looked to Niall for confirmation and he nodded curtly. “Thanks.”

“Alright, I’ll be back soon.” He flashed his smile at me before leaving.

“Niall. What the hell was that?” I turned to him.

“He’s hitting on you!”

“I know Ni. I’m not oblivious.” I shrugged. “He has nothing on you sweetie. You’re the first and only boy I’ve really let into my heart. I’m never letting some tool of a waiter take me from you. He’s used to getting girls at this job, but he won’t get me. This is our date Niall, what do you take me for? I would never do that to you.”

“I’m sorry Alexis. He’s clearly attractive and-”

“So you’re into guys now?” I teased lightly. He turned a violent red and I giggled, standing up.

“Lex, that’s so not it.” He gaped at me. I shook my head at him, moving closer to him. He pulled back from the table, shifting the chair so he could continue to look at me. I eased myself onto his lap, wrapping my arms loosely around his neck.

“I know Ni.” I leaned in, kissing him softly. He gripped my waist and my body rolled against his as his fingertips pressed into my hipbone.

“Well, I found that spot.” He smirked, resting his forehead against mine.

“Yes you did.” I growled, nipping at his neck.

“Ahem.” Mikey came back in, a slight blush creeping into his cheeks. “Sorry to um, interrupt.”

“It’s okay.” I smirked at him before pressing my lips softly to Niall’s neck again. His let out a soft breath, but I wanted Mikey to know I was staying with Niall so I kept going. I trailed my lips to his sweet spot, at the crook of his neck. He groaned, grasping at my dress. He pulled me closer as I nipped at the spot.

“Um.” Mikey’s swallow was quite audible. “Do you want me to pour this for you?”

“Yes please.” I replied curtly, standing up from Niall’s lap.

“Hang on there darlin’.” Niall grasped at my wrist gently. He pulled me back to him, kissing my cheek softly. “Okay.” He grinned largely, clearly pleased with himself. I snorted.

“Did you just snort?” Niall laughed loudly. I nodded, joining in.

“Mikey, I think you needed to know that no matter how much you flirt with me, Niall is my guy.” I glanced up at him, his jaw dropped. “I’m not ignorant and I’m sure your act works on other girls but it won’t work on me. Now we can get along if you stop flirting with me and just treat us like normal humans.”

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have tried to get in the way.” He hung his head.

“Yeah whatever.” Niall muttered.

“Ni, let it go.” I reached for his hand but he pulled it away. “Niall, why are you so angry about this?” Mikey edged away from the table. “No.” I pointed at him. “You stay right here.”

“Lex, he was hitting on you.”

“He’s not the first and he won’t be the last.” I argued. “Are you going to respond this childishly every time?”

“It’s not childish. I don’t like when people hit on my girl.” He countered.

“Okay then.” I leaned back, crossing my arms over my chest.

“You’re mad.” He noted, letting out a sigh. “What right do you have to be mad?”

“Niall, millions of girls scream for you whenever they see you. These girls hate me for being with you. And yet I don’t get mad about it. It’s a part of being in a relationship. People are going to find you attractive and that’s just life. But instead of being mad that somebody finds me attractive you could focus on the fact that I’m still with you and that he’s willing to back off and treat us differently.”

“I guess you’ve got a point.” He mused, pursing his lips slightly.

“Look man, I’m sorry I hit on your girl. Most people who come here aren’t actually happy with the person they’re with. This tends to be a last resort for guys who are in trouble with their girls. I didn’t mean to affront you. It’s actually nice to see a couple who is into each other. And it’s nice to speak with my normal accent.” He looked sheepishly at Niall, then glanced at me before returning his gaze to his shoes.

“I guess you’re forgiven. But be careful what you’re doing. It may be easy for you to get girls here, but it’s not just about that. You’re potentially breaking up couples that have a chance.” Niall spoke softly, holding Mikey’s attention. “You’re lucky Alexis was here. She’s the only reason you’re getting out of here looking the way you do.”

“Thank you Alexis.” Mikey looked shamed as he started leaving the room. “I’ll get you two a new server.”

“No.” I shook my head, locking eyes with Niall, warning him not to argue. “I want you as my server and I don’t care how upset you are Niall. We’re not switching servers and ruining his job here just because you’re upset he hit on me. That’s not okay.”

“Lex.” He started.

“No Niall.” I looked at him. “Sweetie, if we went to any place other than this and a girl hit on you without insulting me in the process I wouldn’t cause a scene. So what if they find you attractive, it means I’m lucky.”

“You’re too forgiving.” He sighed. “I don’t know how I found you. Alright Mikey, you can stay.”

“Thank you so much. You don’t know how much you’re saving my family right now.” He blushed and hurried out of the room.

“I don’t know Lex, I don’t like the guy.”

“You don’t have to like the guy Ni.” I sighed impatiently. “Look, he’s just a guy trying to make enough to get by. There’s no point in ruining his job. Please just let this go?”

“It’s not easy for me Lex.”

“I know, but for the sake of our date, can we please just let it be?”

“For you darlin’, anything.” He smiled at me, but it barely reached his eyes. I smiled back, grateful he was willing to let it drop.

“Do we get menus?” I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion, looking at the table before us. It was set beautifully, but there was nothing there for ordering food.

“Oh.” Niall spoke quietly. “I may have ordered a meal for us already. I’m sorry, I should have talked to you first.”

“It’s okay sweetie!” I grinned, taking a sip of champagne and giggling as the bubbles hit my throat. “I wouldn’t even know where to begin in a place like this.”

“Are you sure you’re okay with this place?” He asked softly, holding my eyes. “I know it’s not really your thing.”

“Niall.” I smiled, tugging my bottom lip between my teeth. “I’m with you, I’m more than okay.”

“Okay.” He began, closing his eyes and swallowing. “Alexis, we talked about this.” I dropped my lip, scrunching my nose in slight shame. “Thank you.” He breathed out softly after opening his eyes again. I felt a stirring in my body and swallowed carefully. My breath hitched in my throat as I glanced away from Niall’s intense eyes. “Lex.” He murmured. He opened his mouth, hesitating before speaking.

“Alright, are you guys ready for your first course?” Mikey walked through the door carrying two plates. Niall sighed loudly, sinking into his chair. He was clearly annoyed that Mikey interrupted us.

“Sounds great to me!” I spoke quickly. “Was that loud? That was too loud. I’m sorry.”

“Why are you nervous?” Niall asked me as Mikey sat the plates down in front of us with a small chuckle.

“You make me nervous when you look at me like that.” I flushed, refusing to meet his eyes.

“Like what?” He fought to keep a bemused smile off his face.

“Like you’re reading my soul.” I pursed my lips and looked down at the plate for the first time. “Holy shit this is the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen! What the hell is it?” I looked to Niall who promptly burst into boisterous laughter. “Well gee, thanks for the help bud.” I rolled my eyes glancing over at Mikey who was also laughing at me. I sighed, taking a bite of the food in front of me. As the delicacy melted in my mouth I let out a low moan, my head tilting back. “Okay, I no longer care what this is, it’s freaking amazing!”

“It’s called scallops. They’re pretty good actually.” Mikey managed through his laughter.

“Pretty good?” I raised an eyebrow at him. He shook his head and left us to enjoy the food.

------------------

“So, what did you think?” Niall asked as I scooped the last bit of fudge into my mouth.

“About you or the food?” I winked at him.

“Both.” He replied, his eyes anxious.

“Why are you nervous?” I bit back a chuckle as his worried expression grew. “Niall, you know I like you. The food was incredible and was made even better because I got to share it with you.”

“You two were very understanding.” Mikey smiled gratefully at us as Niall handed him his card. “I owe you for not getting me in trouble.”

“Yeah.” Niall muttered. I kicked him lightly under the table. “I’m glad your job is safe.”

“Thanks man.” He laughed loudly. “I know you don’t like me but thanks for putting up with me.”

“Thanks for serving us Mikey. It was nice to meet a fellow American! Sometimes it’s nice to hear a familiar accent rather than the British one I always hear.”

“Hey!” Niall protested. “Mine is Irish!”

“Why do you think I fell for you and not the flirt Haz?”

“That’s why?” He sat back in indignation. “Way to make a guy feel great Alexis.”

“Ni, sweetie I was kidding!”

“Why were you originally attracted to me? You said you were the first night we met.” He stood, offering me a hand. I gently accepted his help up and he placed a hand lightly on my back, guiding me out of the room.

“You looked for who I was rather than how I looked. It’s what every girl wants, to be seen and not just noticed.” I stopped just before the door, turning to face Niall. “When you did that I knew you were worth my time so I tried to get to know you better.”

“Am I still worth your time?” He grinned down at me.

“Absolutely Niall.” I raised myself up, kissing his cheek softly as we exited the building. “Thanks for this by the way.” I returned his grin widely. Flashes lit up my eyes again and I clung to Niall’s waist for support.

“I’ve got you pretty girl.” He murmured in my ear before kissing my temple softly. “Don’t worry about them, okay?” I nodded, plastering a smile to my lips. He laughed loudly, throwing his head back as he noticed the fake smile on my face. He slung his arm around my shoulders, pulling me tightly against him. “So,” he began, opening my door for me. “How about we go back to your place for a while. I know Haz and Lily wanted to see us for a while.”

“You’re okay with that?” I glanced up at him through hooded eyes. “I mean, you don’t want to have me to yourself?” He laughed, walking back around the car to his door.

“Of course I do Alexis. I want to spend every minute with you. However, I want to be with our friends and I think those two may need a little help in their potential relationship.” He winked at me, starting the car.

“I know, but I don’t want to meddle too much. They can make it work, they just have to trust each other.” I replied as Niall eased into traffic. “Granted, that’s a lot easier said than done.”

“Do you trust me?” Niall asked softly, as if afraid of my answer. “I mean, I know you’re with me and everything, but sometimes I just need to know.”

“I trust you, but I’m not perfect. Niall, I wish I could say that I trust you one hundred percent but I can’t. Not yet at least. Every day I’m with you and the other guys I’m learning to trust. I try not to let my past influence my current actions but this is one thing I can’t stop. I’m sorry.” I whispered at the end, twisting my fingers together. I wanted to trust Niall completely, but I couldn’t let go of my control. I hoped Niall wouldn’t leave me after this.

“That’s good to hear darlin’. I know you’ll have a hard time with trust for a while. This is something I knew when I started my relationship with you.” He reached a hand over, pulling my right hand to rest on his thigh. “I’m just happy you gave this a chance, gave me a chance.”

“I could fall in love with you.” I whispered, looking out the window as Niall pulled up to my place.

“Good.” He whispered in my ear, brushing my hair away from my neck. He kissed the crook of my neck softly. A breathy moan left my lips and he smirked against my skin. “I’m hoping you do.”

“Let’s get inside Ni.” I pulled away from him slightly, trying to ease the growing feeling in my stomach. I ached for his touch, but I didn’t feel comfortable enough to let him continue, much less ask for it. He sighed, almost too quiet for me to hear and I bit back a guilty look. It wasn’t that I wanted to reject him, I just had too many memories that cropped up when things went too far.

“That sounds good darlin’. We’ll head up and see Lily and Harry. You’re goin’ t’ feel better there.”

“Thank you Niall.” I whispered softly. “That means everything to me.”

“Anything for you Lex.” He kissed my cheek before we got out of the car and made our way to my flat.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lex's date outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/lex/set?id=109413773

I love you all for being so patient!! Hopefully I'll get more out soon for you! =)