Status: Active =)

Don't Give up on Me

If I Fall For You I'll Never Be The Same

"So, what do you think about this surprise?" Louis asked.

“Wait, we’re going to an amusement park?” I looked out the window joyfully at the roller coasters. I pressed my face against the window of the car to see better.

“Absolutely.” Louis smirked at me. “Like it?”

“Are you kidding? I love it!” I bounced in my seat, clasping my hands together. “Thank you so so so so so much!”

“Now, there’s a slight catch.” Louis said. “We didn’t buy out the place for the day, so we’ll try to remain low-key. However, if our fans recognize us, they may react in unconventional ways.”

“That's okay!” I squealed. “I get to go to an amusement park!”

“Why is this so exciting?” Zayn piped up moodily from the back seat. "Like, it's fun yeah but it's not all that and a bag of chips."

“I've never been to one before.” I replied. "And dude, you need to loosen up a bit. It's not even that early anymore so you have no excuse."

“You’ve never been to an amusement park and you’re how old?” Louis gaped at me.

“I’m 19.” I confessed softly.

“Well, it’s good we’re giving you an education.” Niall broke into the conversation, shooting Louis a look. “You’re going to love it!” He beamed over at me.

“Thanks.” I smiled gratefully at him.

“Well, let’s have fun then!” Harry rushed out of the car, extending a hand for me to grasp. “Milady” He bowed slightly. I giggled, accepting his hand and let him help me out of the car. “We’re gonna have fun today.” Harry muttered in my ear, pulling me close to him as he looped an arm around my waist. I fell into step easily beside Harry.

“Wait.” I held back slightly.

“What’s wrong?”

“I don’t have any money with me.” I hung my head.

“I’ve got you darlin’. Don’t you fret.” Niall’s voice sounded from behind me.

“I couldn’t ask you to do that.” I pulled out of Harry’s grasp and faced Niall.

“You’re not askin’, I’m offering.” He spoke softly. “Please let me.”

“Okay.” I breathed out as his blue eyes bored into mine. He winked, the intensity of his stare dissipating as he nudged me along as the group walked up to get our passes. “Thanks Niall.” I mumbled under my breath. “This means a lot to me.”

“It’s my pleasure.” He paid for our passes and we entered the park.

“I don’t even know where to begin with you.” Louis bounced with every step he took. “There are so many rides and not enough time to properly show you all of them.” I giggled, shaking my head at him. He pulled me to ride after ride until I couldn't stand up straight.

“Lou, I need a break.” I whimpered, clutching my stomach after the last ride we went on.

“But-“

“Lou, stop and look at her.” Niall advised gently. His arm wrapped around my waist and held me closely. “She needs to sit and eat some food.”

“Food?” I perked up, my eyes lighting up as I looked at Niall. “Pretty please?”

“Of course, silly.” He poked my nose with his finger and I scrunched up my face in response. He laughed at me and I stuck my tongue out at him. “Let’s get some food. What do you want?”

“I want ice cream. Loads of it.” I clapped my hands quickly. “That’s just about all I want.”

“Ice cream.” Zayn snorted. “You’re one strange girl.”

“Takes one to know one.” I quipped. “Um, that’s not entirely what I meant.” I blushed as the group burst into laughter.

“Come on you.” Louis grinned at me, offering his arm for me to hook mine around. I slid my arm into his. “Shall we?” He puffed out his chest, standing up straight.

“We shall.” I replied, nodding my head. We skipped off to find the nearest place with ice cream. I stopped dead in my tracks when I found it, but Louis kept skipping. My weight pulled him back, but his carried me forward and we landed on the ground in a heap of tangled limbs. I’d escaped most of the danger, but Louis had scraped his hands pretty badly on the pavement. “Oh my gosh I’m so sorry.” I helped him up, noting the winces on his face as his hands felt pressure from mine. “Lou, you should go wash the dirt out of those cuts.”

“Are you gonna be okay love?” He looked concernedly at me.

“Of course.” I replied, smiling at him. “Go. The last thing you need is to get an infection in your hands because I tripped you up.”

“Hey, this isn't your fault. But I’ll go clean up my hands. Stay here and they’ll catch up. I’ll be right back.” He scurried off to the bathroom to wash out the scrapes covering his hands.

“Hey pretty girl.” A guy approached me. “You look radiant standing in the sunshine.”

“Thanks.” I replied awkwardly, trying to ignore him.

“What’s your name girly?” He moved closer to me, his body practically touching mine. I shied away, not replying. “I asked you a question.” He growled, menacingly sliding up to me. I backed away until I felt a wall against my back. “You will treat me with respect. Tell me your name.” I closed my eyes as his breath hit my skin. “I said tell me.” His hand gripped my arm, squeezing tightly.

“No.” I muttered. “Let me go.”

“Just tell me your name.”

“Please, let me go.” I whimpered, pressing myself as close to the wall as I could get.

“You really should let her go.” Niall's Irish lilt broke into the conversation.

“Or what? You’ll make me pretty boy?” He laughed loudly. “That’s a good one. Make her tell me her name and I’ll let her go.” I gasped as his other hand pressed itself against my throat.

“Let go.” Niall's voice darkened.

“I’d listen to him man.” Liam's soft voice washed over my ears. He clapped a hand on the guy’s shoulder. “Let her go.”

“Two pretty boys. I’m terrified now.” The guy laughed humorlessly. “Back off, this isn't your problem.” He hand on my windpipe pressed harder and I whimpered, my hands grasping at the wall behind me, searching desperately for any way out. “Shut up bitch.” He growled.

“Step away man.” Zayn raised his voice from its normal soft speech. “We don’t need things to turn ugly.” The guy’s confidence seemed a bit shaken as three guys stood around him.

“Three on one? Really lads? I just want her name.”

“Make that four.” Harry’s slow drawl filtered through my ears. “And the lady doesn't want you to have her name, so you won’t get it. Back off and let her be.”

“Whatever. You guys deal with the little whore.” He pushed harder for a moment but let go. I slid down the wall, collapsing on the ground. The guys closed ranks around me protectively as he walked away.

“Are you okay?” Niall crouched down, hesitantly reaching a hand out to rest on my shoulder. I flinched but looked up at him. "And you're not a whore, or a bitch." He added, looking into my eyes.

“I’ll be okay.” I rasped. “It’s okay Niall. Can you help me up? I’m not sure I can stand right now.” He gently pulled me up as Louis approached.

“What the hell happened here?” He burst out.

“Alexis was attacked by a guy. She’s okay now.”

“I never should have left you.” He reached out to me.

'It's okay." I responded quickly, letting him pull me into a hug.

“I’m so sorry Lex.” He whispered against my hair.

“Lou, it’s not your fault. Relax, okay? You had no idea this would happen.” He held me at arm’s length. “Did I bruise?” I asked quietly.

“No, actually you can’t tell.” He looked over my body.

“Okay, then we’re good.” I looked back at Niall. “Can I have ice cream now?”

“Absolutely darlin'.” His concern seeped through all of his features.

“Niall, chill. I’m okay.” I slid close to him, wrapping my arms around him tightly. I breathed in his comforting scent, relaxing as he gently slipped his arms around my body. I closed my eyes, slightly sinking into his body.

“Promise?” His lips moved against my hair as his breath softly moved strands of it.

“I promise.” I smiled as I pulled away. “I just want some ice cream.”

“Then ice cream you shall have.” Niall pulled me into him and we walked to get my ice cream. As Niall paid I noticed a few girls whispering behind their hands to each other, glancing over at our group.

“I think they may recognize you.” I whispered to Harry as I licked the ice cream cone in my hand.

“Great.” He sighed, running a hand through his curls.

“I thought you guys loved your fans or something.”

“We do. It’s just nice to live a normal life every once in a while.” I looked over at him.

“What if I could get them to not blow your cover?”

“Yeah right. Sorry love, but that will never happen.” Louis eased himself down on the picnic table bench with us. “Our fans are a bit crazy.”

“Well I have an idea, you just have to go along with it.”

“This could be fun.” Louis looked at Harry while I smirked. “Okay. If you fail then we’ll deal with it. They’d figure it out eventually.”

“Alright. I’ll be back.” I eased myself out of the picnic table and walked over to the group of girls huddled together. “Hey guys.” I spoke quietly, alerting them of my presence.

“Hi.” One of them said, looking past me to the group of guys who huddled together around the table.

“I have a proposition for you.” They all turned their gazes on me. “You’re all speculating who is over there, correct? Well, if you can remain calm and not draw attention to the group, you guys can come meet them. You may even get to go on a ride with your favorites.”

“Really?” The four girls in front of me squealed.

“You have to promise that you won’t draw any attention to them. They want to spend some time as normal guys today, just hanging out. Can you do that?”

They exchanged glances briefly, giant smiles stretching their faces. “We can.”

“Alright. Come with me.”

“So how do you know them?”

“We’re friends.” I replied quietly as we walked across the path to the table the guys huddled around. “What are your names?”

“I’m Ashley, this is Kate, Mary, and Eliana.” One of them spoke, motioning to each of the girls in turn.

“It’s nice to meet you guys. I’m Alexis.” The guys looked up at me as we reached them. Niall's grin made my heart skip a beat, but I brushed it aside as I focused on the task at hand. “Guys, I’d like you to meet Ashley, Kate, Mary, and Eliana.” I looked sternly at each of the boys. “Now, they want to go on a ride with you guys if you’re willing.”

“We’d love to.” Liam replied quickly. “It’s lovely to meet you all. What ride did you have in mind?”

“Nemesis.” Ashley grinned wickedly at them. I felt my stomach twist and shook my head.

“You guys go for it. I’m gonna sit this one out.” I clutched my stomach, my face twisting to match how my stomach felt.

“Are you sure?” Liam looked at me, briefly checking in with me. I nodded, a small smile on my face.

“We’re going to pair off.” Eliana took charge. “Each of us with our favorite.” She smiled. “I get Zayn.”Zayn grinned at her, offering his arm.

“I get Harry.” Kate spoke softly, blushing as Harry turn his dimpled charm on her.

“Can I ride with Louis?” Mary asked, twisting her fingers together.

“Of course love.” Louis’s eyes twinkled at her. “I’d be honored.”

“And I want Liam.” Ashley turned her gaze to Liam.

“It would be my pleasure.” He responded. They all started off toward the ride. “Are you guys coming?”

“Yeah, I’ll wait outside the ride for you guys.” I replied.

“I’m going to wait with her.”

“Ni, you love this ride.” Zayn remarked, turning slightly to see Niall better.

“I know. I’ll just keep her company. It’s okay.” He nodded. “Go ahead, we’ll take our time and meet you at the end.” They raced off toward the ride. Niall and I ambled along at a slower pace, enjoying the beautiful day. “Are you having a good time?” He asked, keeping his gaze trained ahead of us.

“I am actually. I like being with you guys. You’re all a lot of fun.”

“Good. Look, I’m really sorry that guys can be assholes.” He replied.

“It’s okay.” I smiled ruefully at him. “I’m sorry the girls didn't pick you.”

“Eh. I understand. I wouldn't be their favorite either.”

“You’re my favorite.” I said before I could stop myself. “Don’t tell the guys though. This could cause some serious damage.”

“It’s all good. But I’m kinda glad they didn't pick me.” We’d reached the end of the ride and settled onto a bench as we waited.

“Really? Why is that? Didn't want to suffer through a ride with them?” I joked.

“Na. This way I get to spend more time with you.” He flippantly replied. “I’ll be right back.” He got up from the bench and walked away briefly. I bit my bottom lip as a blush spread to my cheeks. I looked around, watching families laughing and walking through the park. “For you.” Niall stood before me, a single white lily in his hand. He offered it to me with a smile.

“This is sweet Niall.” I gingerly took the flower. “Are you sure you want to give this to me?”

“Absolutely.” He sat next to me and tucked a stray hair behind my ear. He leaned closely and I pulled back slightly, glancing away as I sucked in a breath. “Lex.” He sighed quietly. “Why do you pull away and fight this?”

“Fight what?” I feigned ignorance as I gently played with the flower in my fingers.

“Alexis, I know you’re attracted to me. I’m very much attracted to you. Why do you fight it?”

“It’s complicated.” I sighed. “I’m not ready to talk about it Niall.”

“Okay.” He pulled away and leaned against the back of the bench.

“Niall?” He looked over at me. “Just, don’t give up on me.” My eyes begged him deeper than my words ever could.

“I don’t plan on it Lex. You're going fall in love with me and let your walls down. I'll help you through all of this.” He gently responded, brushing his fingertips lightly across my cheek. He pulled away abruptly, almost looking guilty.

“You guys missed out!” Harry laughed loudly as they all approached us.

“Did we interrupt something?” Zayn looked rapidly between the two of us.

“No.” I replied, swiftly standing up and walking over to Louis who had a look of recognition on his face. “Later.” I murmured as I walked past him to stand with Liam.
♠ ♠ ♠
Love you all!! I hope you guys like it!