Status: I am writing as fast as I can and i would very much appreciate your feedback!

Tell Me Where's My Hollywood Ending?

Chapter Twenty-Two

I fiddled with my gown and my graduation cap making sure that the tassel was on the correct side. I was much farther down the line than Roar and Jay were. Stupid R last name. I was a little nervous to go up on stage and get my diploma. What if I fell? What if I wrecked my dress or my gown? What if I just made a fool of myself in general somehow? A million questions went through my brain as we all started to walk out into the hall.

Walking into the hall went well. No tripping no falling. I sat in my seat and watched all the kids around me get rewards. I didn’t get any though, I did so much at my old school and here in LA I just wanted to have more of a relaxed approach, plus most things were already full anyways. I took a moment to look around the room to see if I could find Dad. I knew Camille wouldn’t be here, she had an audition to go to but dad said he would try to make it. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find him.

I sat in my seat listening intently as they called each person up by name. I clapped and cheered for Roar and Jay, and a few other kids I knew. When it was time for my row to go up and wait by the stage I used it as another chance to get a better look out for my Dad, whom I still could not find. I stood by the stage constantly scoping out the stands and the seats on the floor near the graduating class. No one walked into the hall, and my dad was no where on the second floor.

He was going to miss my graduation. Not only that but he was going to miss it because of Camille. You’d think that his daughter getting a diploma would be more important than a stupid movie role, but apparently not. The guidance counselor called my name, I walked up the steps as people cheered for me. I heard Roar and Jay’s voice, as well as some others. After I shook my principal’s hand I looked out at the parents and families again. Up in the top row of the stands I saw the boys of Big Time Rush. I waved up at them and went back to my seat.

Once all the graduates had gotten their diploma, the valedictorian had taken the stage. I sat there and listened to them drone on and on about school and the last four years. I sat there and dreamed about how had I been in the kids position I would have just used the speech from the tv show Daria. I mean what better way to end high school than with the words ‘there is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can’t be improved with pizza.’ There’s just not. It’s impossible. After the Valedictorian had spoken, the vice principal gave a speech. I looked around to see if there were any kids crying. I saw a few tearing up and holding it back. I wonder if I’d have been like that at my old school. I thought. I wonder if i could’ve gotten a shot a being valedictorian at my old school.

“Graduating class of 2013, I would like to ask you all to stand up and turn around to face your family and friends,” the V.P said. Everyone did as he was told, once again when I turned around I saw no sign of my dad. I sighed. “They are part of the reason you’ve got where you are today... I want you to give them a round of applause.”

Is there really a point in my clapping? I thought. I clapped my hands together anyway. The vice principal then told us to move the tassels on our hats to the left side. Then congratulated us on finally graduating. The entire room erupted in applause as kids started to toss up their hats. Once everyone had a hat back we were led back in a line to the hallway we had been standing in before.

Students quickly found their families, and took pictures and returned their robes. I sat there and looked around at everyone. I was having fun people watching before I felt a bunch of weight on my shoulders and back. I turned around to see the four boys of 2J. I smiled.

“I can’t believe you guys came!” I exclaimed. I hugged each of them.
“We wouldn’t have missed it for the world!” Kendall said. Carlos looked around at the students with their families.
“Is your dad here?” He asked. I shrugged, and told the four I hadn’t seen him at all. We fell in an awkward silence for a moment. Until I broke it, mentioning I should return my gown.

“Hold on a second,” James said stopping me. He handed Kendall his phone and told him to take a picture of us. I took a few picture with each of the boys, per their request. I went and returned my graduation robe and came back out. I found Jay and Roar and quickly took pictures with them as well. I walked back over to the guys who were searching around, looking out for my dad.

“Guys you can stop, it’s obvious that he’s not coming,” I told them. Kendall told me that he had to come, he was my dad. I raised an eyebrow at him. “That doesn’t mean anything. C’mon, give me a ride home, I’m tired.”

With that the guys started to walk out the doors with Logan trailing behind me. He grabbed my hand and gave it a squeeze, I looked at him confused and pulled my hand away. I hopped in the car next to James who pecked the top of my head and told me congratulations. I hugged him as Logan drove the group back to the Palm Woods. I walked into my apartment to see my Dad and Camille talking in hushed tones. They stopped just as I shut the door.

“What’s going on?” I asked.
“I got a role in a movie!” Camille smiled excitedly. 
“Glad to know you guys missed me getting my diploma for something so important,” I said. “I’m going to bed.”
“Caitlyn,” Dad called as I was about to walk away. I turned and looked at him. He apologized to me for missing my graduation. I shrugged. “The movie that Camille is doing... it involves us to move up to Vancouver.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Caitlyn's Playlist
01. Here's to Us Halestorm Single

one more chapter!