Status: I am writing as fast as I can and i would very much appreciate your feedback!

Tell Me Where's My Hollywood Ending?

Chapter Four

Dad and I sat in the waiting room, as the minutes dragged by and Camille did her audition. I read from the book Aurora had let me borrow. I looked at my watch. Camille had been in there for ten minutes. I looked over at dad.

“How often does she get a role?” I asked. Dad looked at me and shrugged.
“She does a lot of Extra work most of the time,” he said. I looked at him.
“Anyone can walk passed a camera and pretend like they’re talking to someone,” I told him. “I mean a real role, where she has lines?”


My dad didn’t comment on it. Camille walked out of the room looking kind of upset. The casting director walked out of the room and thanked Camille for coming out and said she’s hear back around two tomorrow. I rolled my eyes, she wasn’t going to get that part. I saw Cam nodded eagerly as my dad handed her jacket to her. We went out to the truck and we all climbed in. When Dad started it up I tapped his shoulder to ask if we could drop off my resumé. He allowed it, but Camille pouted the whole time. I don’t understand why she had such a problem with me.

I got back in the car after giving the manager my resumé and told him that I was going to school just down the road. Dad asked if I wanted to go out to eat tonight. I scrunched my face. The only place I ever liked going out to was subway, or maybe a vegan restaurant, because they were healthy. Even then I would only tag along with Mom and Hank once ever two months. I told him I would much rather make myself a meal at the apartment.

“Dad we’re not going to eat at home, we can’t, I just had an audition,” Cam said. I looked at her.
“Would it make more sense to eat something healthy from than loading up on sugars and carbs at some restaurant if you’re trying to get a role?” I asked. She glared at me, and then gave Dad these big innocent eyes.
“It our thing dad,” she said. 
“You can just drop me off at the Palm Woods, I have science homework to do anyway,” I said. Dad said that I would’ve been done taking science in grade 10. “I was put in a grade eleven Chemistry course.”
“Stay away from Logan,” Camille said. I threw my hands in the air, telling her I had no intention of finding him.

Dad dropped me off at the Palm Woods, I walked up to the apartment. I sat in the living room and opened my Chemistry book. I started working on the questions that were assigned, checking the back of the book every now and then to see if I had got the correct answers. When I didn’t I would work on the question a few more times. If I still couldn’t get it right I’d circle the question so I could get back to it later or ask Mr Foster about it tomorrow. I was through about half the questions when there was a knock at the door. I got up and answered it to find Logan at the door.

“Hey, uh-” I said as he walked right passed me. 
“Camille home?” He asked. I shook my head telling him that she was out for dinner with my dad. “Again?”

“Yea, I think she’s trying to keep him to herself now that I’ve moved here, anyway you have to leave,” I said leaning against the door and gesturing out to the hall. Logan looked at me confused. “Camille told me to stay away from you so scram.”

“Scram?” He asked. “Does Camille not trust me?”

“You kinda have kissed me,” I said. I again pointed out the door. “Go wait for her in the lobby.”

Logan looked sad as he left. I shut the door right behind him and went back to my chemistry. I made myself jambalya rice for dinner, it was probably the healthiest thing in the apartment that wasn’t toast. I finished my dinner just as Camille and Dad walked in.

“Logan came by to see you,” I told her as I worked on the last of my questions.
“He came here?” Cam asked. I nodded. “And you talked to him.”
“What was I supposed to do mime it to him that you were out?” I asked.
“I told you to stay away from him,” she said sternly. I shrugged.
“He’s the one that came here, looking for you, and I sent him away,” I told her. She told me that from now on I wasn’t even allowed to talk to Logan. “It’s cute that you think I’m going to listen to that.”
“Daddy!” Cam cried and my dad came into the kitchen. “Caitlyn is trying to steal my boyfriend from me.. and she w-won’t leave him alo-o-o-one!”

I gave her a ‘You’ve got to be kidding me look’, which Dad saw and then he told me to respect my sisters wishes. Logan is her boyfriend after all. Camille, standing behind my dad, looked pleased for a moment and then ran of to her room, blubbering on the way. I looked at my dad, eyes wide. I scoffed.

“You’re kidding me right, Dad?” I asked. He shrugged.
“You know how your sister can get kiddo,” he said. “If she doesn’t want you near this boy than maybe it’s what’s best.” 
“Oh my god, you’re serious...” I said. “What did I do to get treated this way? What did I ever do to her?”
“Sweetie, you did kiss her boyfriend the day you got here,” he said. I laughed. 

“What? Is that what she told you? Because he kissed me. He thought I was Cam! It’s not my fault that she didn’t tell him I was going to be moving in,” I told him. Dad then told me that after i moved in with mom and he and Cam moved here she and I must have grown apart. Things might have been different had I called her or messaged her on Facebook or showed her that I appreciated her. “How? Like you and mom do? Buying them every little thing her heart desires, treating her like a spoiled brat? I’m sorry, but after seeing how badly you screwed up one daughter in to thinking she’s a princess who walks worshipped ground, I figured that it would be best if I treat people the way they treat me. You know maybe it was a mistake that I moved here, maybe I should have just told mom I was moving with you and went to live with a friend over in Connecticut.”
“Cait, don’t be ridiculous your mom wouldn’t have allowed that,” he said.
“Mom didn’t even ask to talk to you when I called you up, I could have not called you at all,” I said. “I’ve been here for a week, and its only one per cent better than it would be living with Hank.”

And with that I stood up and went to my room. Locking the door and blasting my music for the rest of the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Caitlyn's Playlist:
01 Tell Me A Lie One Direction Up All Night