Status: Comments much appreciated :) x - Finished.

The Resident Leader

The Needle in the Vein of the Establishment

He walked slowly, surveying everyone around him with his hawk eyes. Somewhere in the back of his mind he was plotting to wrap the city around his little finger. He'd come from a place where he ruled with divine authority. His power went unquestioned and only a few dare rival him. His experiences were clear on his pale face. He was a frequent fighter, a broken nose and stitched eyebrow but an otherwise flawless appearance.

His lips were parted slightly, his breath steaming in the cold. The last of the summer sun was set in him, like a glow of light. Beneath the black hat were soft black curls, the hat obviously attempting to hide them. His ears were pierced and held two little diamond studs. His lips were also pierced with two little silver rings. His eyes seemed to glow, hazel-green orbs defined by a thin layer of black eyeliner. He was slim with decent muscle. His jeans were nearly as tight as mine, clinging to his legs against the cold. Black converse were soaked through with the rain. His black leather jacket was zipped up and the hood barely came over the black hat. His hands were covered with fingerless gloves. His face and hands seemed feminine and delicate, but anyone like me could see he wasn't.

Suddenly, his eyes met mine and his body tensed. My plan to watch him from a distance hadn't gone too well as he approached me, painfully slowly. His eyes narrowed and his lips formed one straight line. He was only a boy, still growing and learning. He wouldn't be any competition or danger to my line of rule. When he reached me, I stood up from my place beneath the coffee shop's canopy.

"What the Hell's your name?" He hissed dangerously. It had never been wise to move into a new area and bully everyone around you, but that's just what guys like us do.

"St.Jimmy. Don't wear it out."I warned in reply. The younger man nodded and hitched the beaten up back-pack up his shoulder. "Yours?"

"Mirrorboy. And you think you're the one in charge?" He laughed, reaching into his jacket pocket for cigarettes. He placed one between his lips and offered me one. I declined, watching him as he lit the white stick.

"I am the one in charge, I'm the needle in the vein of the establishment." I replied. He laughed, a boy's giggle coming from the back of his throat.

"We'll see about that. And I suppose it's you I come to if I'm in need of some gifts?" He asked, taking a drag. I knew what he meant.

"Cocaine, Heroin, Ecstasy and Cannabis. Only trust me. Go nowhere else, the others are a little less discreet about it. Watch your step, Mirrorboy. Carry on the way you are and you'll be out of here faster than you can run." I turned and walked away, knowing I'd be seeing him again before too long.

He was competition. I knew I'd have to fight to keep my power from the stranger with a funny accent. He'll be in bar fights and drunken brawls before the nights done. Usually, I'd take the newcomers under my wing and welcome them to this useless city. There was no way I was protecting Mirrorboy from the street crawlers and mindless fighters.
♠ ♠ ♠
It has begun :3 It's a little strange but I've had this idea in my head for a while.