Status: Leave me comments

The Rookie

Fourteen

Beau’s POV

“Babe! I have a surprise for you!” I yelled after I walked in to my apartment. It had been a long day and the smell of Sage’s cooking was making my stomach do flips. Forget having a professional chef, all I needed to invest in was a girlfriend like her.

“Come in here!” She yelled from the kitchen. “I don’t want the veggies to burn!”

Obediently, I made my way to where she was.

“What’s cooking good looking?” I said as I came from behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist. I nuzzled my chin in to the crook of her neck, turned and gave her a kiss on the cheek. I felt her blush slightly.

She giggled a little and I kept giving her little butterfly kisses all over.

“Alright, alright.” She laughed as she shoved me off playfully. “What’s my surprise?”

She looked like little kid the way her gorgeous blue eyes lit up with excitement. She always teased me for being the “immature” one, but right now I wish I could take a picture of her expression and frame it forever. It was priceless.

“So as I’m sure you know, the hospital does a big gala every year and the Penguin’s are always there in full force.”

She nodded and the smile on her face had grown.

I pulled two tickets from behind my back. Being dramatic, I got down on one knee and grabbed her tiny hand.

“Will you, Sage Cassidy Allen, accompany me to this event?”

That really got her.

“YES!” She screamed and I stood up. She wrapped her arms around my neck and I spun her around. When we finally stopped, she kissed me. A good, long kiss.

“What was that for?” I smirked as she finally pulled away.

“I honestly thought you were never going to ask me to go.” She giggled.

“And who the hell else would I have taken?!” I was kind of surprised and a little upset that she thought I would have been that much of an idiot not to take my beautiful girlfriend with me to this event.

Realizing how ridiculous she was sounding, her cute laugh filled my apartment.

“I don’t know, Millie?” She managed to get out and this time we both were on our sides amused.

Sage’s POV

It was finally the night of the hospital’s gala and I was too excited to even put in to words how I was feeling. The day had dragged on and each time I looked up at the clock, only 5 minutes had past. I hadn’t even managed to get any of my work done anyways. Thinking about how I was going to do my hair, worrying about if my dress would still fit (especially after eating leftover pizza for lunch), and occasionally getting on to Pinterest for some make up ideas had pretty much consumed my day.

I was also concerned that I wouldn’t have enough time to get ready. I was supposed to get off work at 6, and the gala started at 7:30. Since battling downtown traffic would be too much of a bitch, I decided it would be better is I used the shower’s at the office and just got ready here.

Glancing down at my phone, the time was finally here and I jumped from my seat to grab my bag of things and head to the bathroom. I was so giddy even passing Millie in the hallway didn’t even faze me.

I had to admit, it was a pretty damn good feeling to know that the only way she was getting it to the event was because of her dad; not because one of the players had personally invited her.

An hour or so later I was putting the finishing touches on my makeup and curling the last strand of hair. I had to admit, I looked pretty good. Beau was going to have a hard time keeping his hands off of me.

I smiled at myself one last time in the mirror before I made my way out of the bathroom. God, tonight was going to be good.

My thoughts and happiness were immediately interrupted when a pull on the door handle didn’t open it.

“Hey!” I screamed over and over again. I began to bang on the door with my fist.

I couldn’t help the tears welding up in the side of eyes.

This could not possibly be happening.