Status: Leave me comments

The Rookie

Eight

I tossed and tuned all night. Beau and I had thought of every possibly scheme to get out of this mess and all had ended in defeat. Whatever consequences were to come, I was going to have to face them head on. I would have to await my fate until morning, but my mind was going through every single situation that would could potentially come my way; all of them ended with me being fired.

Finally, my alarm began going off. I grimaced as I took a look at myself in the bathroom mirror. My eyes were red and puffy, my skin was practically drained of color, and my expression alone just read “I’M FUCKED.”

I sighed and sluggishly went through my morning routine to get ready. I didn’t know what the point was. I’d probably walk in to the office and find all of my stuff stacked in boxes.

My mood did change slightly when I walked in to the kitchen to find Beau at the stove. He was shirtless and wearing a loose pair of sweatpants that hung off his hips ever so nicely.

“Good morning, beautiful.” He said before giving me a quick kiss.

“How in God’s name are you frying bacon with no shirt on?” I asked. Most of the time I fried anything I had like five layers of clothing on to keep grease from getting on me.

“Would you prefer that I go put one on? I mean---“

“No,” I said as I grabbed his arm as he jokingly stepped towards the bedroom,” If I’m going to get fired then it’s going to be on a full stomach and after seeing my gorgeous boyfriend cook me food while I get to stare at his abs and ass.”

He laughed and gave me a much longer kiss this time before going back to being my own personal chef.

***

I slowly walked into my office, closing my eyes. I took a deep breath in and finally opened them.

My stuff was still here and looked untouched. That was a good sign, right?

I then walked to my desk. I thought that maybe Janet, my boss, would had left a note for me to come see her so she could give me the ax.

No note to be seen anywhere.

I exhaled and began to relax.
“You!” A voice screamed from behind me. I jumped. Shit. My tranquility hadn’t lasted long.

I turned around the face Millie with a disgusted and annoyed look on her face. Great. Not only was I going to get fired, but the one person in this office I couldn’t stand was going to be the one to do it. Just fucking great.

“Come with me!” She pointed her finger at me and I obediently followed.

She slammed the door to her office closed. On our short walk over here I had decided that I would just come right out and apologize about the whole thing. Maybe if I didn’t play the innocent card, it would soften the blow. A part of me held on to the hope that the Penguin’s organization would keep me on board.

“Millie, I can explain.”

“You’re damn right you better explain.” She said in a snippy tone.

“Look, I know this looks really bad. But it was really late and I was hungry. So---“

“So you fucking order Chinese food that you know I hate and leave it in the trash for me to smell the next morning!”

My eyes widened in disbelief.

“What?” I asked. I was unsure if I had actually heard her correctly.

“I walk into the office this morning and I get a big fucking whiff of orange chicken, fried rice, and egg rolls! You know I absolutely HATE that stuff.”

“Oh, uhm. Sorry.” I responded after reality had finally set in.

“This better not happen again.” She waved a finger at me.

“Nope, never.” I said before quickly beginning to exit the room.

“Oh, and Sage?” She called to me and I spun around. Now what?

“Just girl to girl, you might want to lay off the fast food. The amount of boxes I found makes it look like you can out eat any player in the NHL. You look like you’ve gained some weight lately…”

Any other day I would have said something sarcastic or equally catty back, but Mille was lucky. I nodded my head and laughed the rest of the way to the office. Oh, the irony. If only she knew the truth.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of a filler chapter. I'm still debating on how I want to spin the whole security tape thing. I have a couple ideas, but would love some more input as well.

Hope you guys liked and be sure to leave comments! :)